Hacking Question I cannot send payload to the "newly purchased" switch (model 2018 HAC-S-JXE-C3).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on 4.1.0, am I safe to update to latest FW?

This will be stored away until Christmas, a gift for my son.
SX OS supports all firmwares. Atmosphere has an unreleased exploit that does not involve using a jig and USB cable to load it that works up to 4.1. If you ever decide you want to use Atmosphere in the future without a jig and USB cable, do not update. If you do wish to update, I would recommend following this guide on how you can update while being able to return to 4.1 at any point. The guide may look long and complicated, but it is very simplified and guaranteed to work provided you do exactly as it says. If you don't want to follow the guide but still update, SX OS will always work but you will be forced to use a jig and USB cable if you ever want to use Atmosphere.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Connorsdad I forgot to mention there is an alternative to that guide but it is rather risky and not normally recommended. I have linked the instructions down below in case you want to give it a try.
GOOD NEWS! I can confirm that you can update through system settings here is what you need to do (and after I Can explain how i "safely tested this before doing it"
0.backup nand and boot and store on pc
1. have your sx dongle plugged in, as well as the rcm jig
2. boot up
3. go to system settings and start update
4. This is key watch closely, as soon as the update is done (or just before) hold VOL +
* you don't need to hold power just vol +
5. the system will auto reboot and due to jig and VOL+ it will go into rcm despite not pressing power (cool right)
6. when sx menu comes up reinstall rcm autoboot
7. boot fcfw

You should now have 5.1 or whatever you just updated to with auto rcm protecting you and fuses intact. I compared my fuses using other payload to be sure.

oh so how I figured this out:
I disabled rcm autoboot, and tested to make sure it wasn't there
then while powered up I put the jib and sx pro widget in, and held power button till power menu came up and I clicked restart and immediately held vol+ and the sx menu booted up, basically proving the power button was not necessary and that all that was needed was vol+ (and pin 10 grounded) at start up or even restart. Not only that I tested this with a charger too. YOu know how when you plug in a powered off switch it turns on, so I tried it with jig and plugged into my computer while holding vol + then with tegra rcm smash loaded a payload and it worked (no power button necessary)

Reactions: Hmed and Connorsdad

ts61fa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can confirm that XAJ400369xxxxx bought today in Netherlands is made in china in 2017 (had firmware 4.0.1) and F G exploit works, I managed to install SX OS on it, for the people that wondered ;)

Reactions: Hmed

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have borrowed a device from my friend for testing too.
with SN XAJ700427XXXXX, just a little before 70043
with OFW 4.1.0

I have already posted this to the other thread too.

Reactions: Hmed and gnilwob

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok! Here is the thing!! I bought a new nintendo switch on June 7th. Then I read the scirism twitt the 10th. I thought my new switch was one of the new 2018 version

It arrives just yesterday (i'm from Guatemala and I have to wait an extra time in order to get my packages) and when I try to transfer my account and saves data on my hacked switch with SX OS to my new switch i couldn't. Just get a 2140-2084 error. I'm not banned because I tried to play online splatoon (Legit eShop game) and access to eShop without any problems. I tried everything I could and after a couple of hours without any luck decide to try if I could run payloads on the new switch to use checkpoint. It really works! So I don't know if I just got lucky or what? My new switch comes with 4.1.0 firmware and updated to 5.1.0. After updated it, run the sxos payload with my sxpro and run homebrew with no problems!

Hope this works for anyone!! Sorry for my english!

Here is an image of my new nintendo switch

Captura.JPG

gnilwob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ok! Here is the thing!! I bought a new nintendo switch on June 7th. Then I read the scirism twitt the 10th. I thought my new switch was one of the new 2018 version

It arrives just yesterday (i'm from Guatemala and I have to wait an extra time in order to get my packages) and when I try to transfer my account and saves data on my hacked switch with SX OS to my new switch i couldn't. Just get a 2140-2084 error. I'm not banned because I tried to play online splatoon (Legit eShop game) and access to eShop without any problems. I tried everything I could and after a couple of hours without any luck decide to try if I could run payloads on the new switch to use checkpoint. It really works! So I don't know if I just got lucky or what? My new switch comes with 4.1.0 firmware and updated to 5.1.0. After updated it, run the sxos payload with my sxpro and run homebrew with no problems!

Hope this works for anyone!! Sorry for my english!

Here is an image of my new nintendo switch

View attachment 135605

You can to check the console serial number and post your finding in https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number.481215/page-60
You can see some template from other users.

By the way, if you can run homebrew, you can back up save using CheckPoint.
Check here, https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint
Download the nro file and put in under <sd>/switch/Checkpoint/

Rodrigo Sousa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to cause more entropy, but XAJ700418XXXXX is not the cause by itself. Just got myself a brand new one in Portugal, it is a XAJ700418 console and I can send the payloads. Still on 4.1.0. Opened it, booted for first setup, RCM'd it, pushed biskeydump payload, reboot to Hekate 3.2 and now I'm backing up to SD card.

View attachment 135482

lM0KenM.jpg
Foi na Worten?

gnilwob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Today I went out to buy one more spare console.
I can see 2 S/N series.
XAJ7003XXXXXXX
XAJ70042XXXXXX

I went for 7003 since it is confirmed to be hackable.
I also saw some report that 70042 is also hackable but I don't want to risk it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I went out to buy one more spare console.
I can see 2 S/N series.
XAJ7003XXXXXXX
XAJ70042XXXXXX

I went for 7003 since it is confirmed to be hackable.
I also saw some report that 70042 is also hackable but I don't want to risk it.
If 42 is indeed confirmed hackable, then I think we found the golden number for the J series and 7 production line which is 43.

Reactions: gnilwob

gnilwob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If 42 is indeed confirmed hackable, then I think we found the golden number for the J series and 7 production line which is 43.
Yes, I saw another HK guy reported that he cannot hack his console (70043) but he borrowed his friend's console (70042) and it accepted payload.

This is my insurance for this year and next year.
XAJ7003 - 4.1 OFW
IMG_3926.jpg

ps. got one email according to the video.

Last edited by gnilwob,

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, I saw another HK guy reported that he cannot hack his console (70043) but he borrowed his friend's console (70042) and it accepted payload.

This is my insurance for this year and next year.
XAJ7003 - 4.1 OFW
View attachment 135792

ps. got one email according to the video.

This is for Japan consoles I think no? No one from America have found the patches serial

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for Japan consoles I think no? No one from America have found the patches serial

I purchased a Switch with the serial number XAW700183***** and I can confirm that payload injection doesn't work.

Steps to recreate:
1. Copied the Switch Starterkit root files to the root of my FAT32 SDcard from my PC
2. Inserted SDcard into Switch, then booted into RCM mode with paperclip jig
3. Plugged Switch into PC, used Zandig to install the libusbK drivers, confirmed APX came up as a device in device manager
4. Tried to run the NX bootkit 64-bit executable, the Switch screen remains black and the cmd prompt window displayed some code then counted down from 5 seconds to close the window

Is it possible that my USB-C cable (came with my phone) is the culprit here or is it likely that I have a patched Switch?

Reactions: Nezztor

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So instead of 43 is 83

Japan patched unit serial start

America patched unit serial start
Correct. Also, according to this thread, there is a report of someone with a XAW100857 being patched but I cannot track this user down. While I do trust the OP, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the validity of this information.

Reactions: Nezztor

gnilwob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

IMG_3928.jpg

My console is HKG (Hong Kong) not Japan.
See label on the edge of the box "HKG" with "Hong Kong Official Product" sticker.
I purchased it in Hong Kong on 8th July 2018.

Correct. Also, according to this thread, there is a report of someone with a XAW100857 being patched but I cannot track this user down. While I do trust the OP, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the validity of this information.

This is a US report.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-status.495078/page-12#post-8142802

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum