Homebrew I cannot for the life of me get ftpii to work.

kbfirebreather

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get FTPii to work for the past few days now and can not find any answers to what I'm experiencing. I'm using the latest version of ftpii and when I run it everything runs find except after it mounts the wii disc image. What I get is:

Mounting Wii disc image...succeeded.
Mounting Wii disc filesystem...failed.
Mounting ISO9660 filesystem...failed.

Why is this happening? I have dvdx installed...or so I think. I used the DVDx installer to install it and that didn't throw any errors.

Thank you for any help.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no problem with this error, I never got this wii DVD function to work! Try to connect, should work.

kbfirebreather

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After this happens it doesn't do anything. Is it supposed to go to a different screen? Should I just be able to ftp in after this?

EDIT: Nvm, just attempted to ftp in. I was doing it incorrectly before which made me think it wasn't working.

kbfirebreather

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it requires DVDx, which can be installed by using the hackmii installer 0.6, but not v0.7+

I tried reinstalling dvdx with hackmii .6, but it doesn't like that. Saying wrong IOS's. I blamed it on already having HBC .8, but ftpii is indeed working, so I'm not too worried now.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it requires DVDx, which can be installed by using the hackmii installer 0.6, but not v0.7+...and if you have System Menu 4.3, any installation of DVDx that you do will be promptly deleted by the Wii. So not only do you have to install DVDx using the older Hackmii Installer v0.6, but you have to patch your System Menu using a program like Priiloader, so that it leaves DVDx alone.

QUOTE(kbfirebreather @ Sep 16 2010, 11:58 AM) I tried reinstalling dvdx with hackmii .6, but it doesn't like that. Saying wrong IOS's. I blamed it on already having HBC .8, but ftpii is indeed working, so I'm not too worried now.
If you do not have a vanilla IOS34-v3348, the HackMii installer will refuse to install anything. You need to install an unpatched IOS34-v3348 using a program like Dop-Mii then re-run the installer. You can always upgrade or patch your IOS34 back to whatever you had it before or want after using the HackMii Installer.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries