I cannot for the life of me get ftpii to work.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by kbfirebreather, Sep 16, 2010.

1. kbfirebreather
    OP

Newcomer kbfirebreather Newbie

United States
    I've been trying to get FTPii to work for the past few days now and can not find any answers to what I'm experiencing. I'm using the latest version of ftpii and when I run it everything runs find except after it mounts the wii disc image. What I get is:

Mounting Wii disc image...succeeded.
    Mounting Wii disc filesystem...failed.
    Mounting ISO9660 filesystem...failed.

Why is this happening? I have dvdx installed...or so I think. I used the DVDx installer to install it and that didn't throw any errors.

Thank you for any help.

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    There is no problem with this error, I never got this wii DVD function to work! Try to connect, should work.

3. kbfirebreather
    OP

United States
    After this happens it doesn't do anything. Is it supposed to go to a different screen? Should I just be able to ftp in after this?

EDIT: Nvm, just attempted to ftp in. I was doing it incorrectly before which made me think it wasn't working.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think it requires DVDx, which can be installed by using the hackmii installer 0.6, but not v0.7+

5. kbfirebreather
    OP

United States
    I tried reinstalling dvdx with hackmii .6, but it doesn't like that. Saying wrong IOS's. I blamed it on already having HBC .8, but ftpii is indeed working, so I'm not too worried now.

6. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    If you do not have a vanilla IOS34-v3348, the HackMii installer will refuse to install anything. You need to install an unpatched IOS34-v3348 using a program like Dop-Mii then re-run the installer. You can always upgrade or patch your IOS34 back to whatever you had it before or want after using the HackMii Installer.

-[]D

7. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    use wiixplorer's ftp functions, better on the eyes anyway lol.