Hardware I bought a new battery for my DSi XL but it lasts less than the original

Slayerpod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I replaced the original battery in my DSi XL, which was starting to last less than 3 hours, with a new OSTENT brand battery. The problem is that it lasts 2 hours and 45 minutes, and most importantly, the battery indicator goes from 3 bars to 1 within a few seconds. Should I recalibrate the battery and wait for it to settle?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those chinese made batteries last much less than the original one. Generally, the lighter they are in weight, the lower quality they are (and they don't last long). I found an old DSi battery (original Japanese) still in its packaging, about ten years old. It was an old stock fund and the seller sold it to me (along with others for DS Lite and GBA SP) on eBay for a few euros without guaranteeing its functioning. Well, it lasts almost 4 hours. Moral of the story: an old quality battery is worth more than a new but shoddy one.

Slayerpod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those chinese made batteries last much less than the original one. Generally, the lighter they are in weight, the lower quality they are (and they don't last long). I found an old DSi battery (original Japanese) still in its packaging, about ten years old. It was an old stock fund and the seller sold it to me (along with others for DS Lite and GBA SP) on eBay for a few euros without guaranteeing its functioning. Well, it lasts almost 4 hours. Moral of the story: an old quality battery is worth more than a new but shoddy one.
Your argument makes sense, but I thought OSTENT was a well-known brand; I know they make very good PSP batteries. However, in case this battery doesn't settle in a few days, I will return it and use the original.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1