WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Cerozero said:
I got the "Wii system menu files are corrupted" message a while ago but my Wii still works. Whats up with that and am I in trouble?

These are two different messages, one display in a panel black on white and ocassionally displayed... the other one I am experiencing is white on black and it's not occasional
smile.gif
It's just displayed everytime A pressed on the warning screen.

@loesjoel : Well of course, I tried that... fact that marking the first byte with 0 (ASCII) doesn't change the loading of the disk with my modchip (d2c pro gw601)

@bloodliketheatlantic : There is no main.dol in freeloader, and my experiments now says that my wii runs the apploader. I changed the open source apploader and was successful in executing my custom code at the end of apploader_close. So the problem is with the main.dol launching which is probably controlled by the autoboot thing. (and my modchip doesn't help in that regard)

Thanks for the information anyways
smile.gif

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
got a mail back from nintendo tecnical service. They told me to send the wii in for repair with a letter to tell them the problem and they will check what's going on and tell me how much it will cost...

damn i don't know what to do, i think i'll call them friday afternoon and ask how much it could cost me. if it will be more then only a modchip then i don't know if i'll do it...

but then again, there were people having banner bricks and got there wii back working after nintendo fixed it... so i don't think they won't fix it... although i'm afraid of what they'll say and how big the costs will be...

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well I've sent my wii to Nintendo today, im pretty confident they can fix a banner brick, as they no doubt have the device that allows bypassing boot procedures to go to recovery menu. From there they just have to use thier little fishy disc to format system memory. I even told them how i bricked it, and the ticket details of the corrupted channel incase they can just remove the channel

BTW - I unpacked the wad that bricked my wii and found I actually had 2 Md5 sig in the header of the banner file, don't ask me how I did that one, but next time ill be checking my hex work better
wink.gif

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
na they only say 35$ appraisal fee, then they tell you cost after that. Im not really concerned if they know i have custom stuff, the whole point of homebrew is we SHOULD be able to use our hardware to the full, its just up to nintendo to say if they still want to fix it or not, Ill report back when I hear from them.

chrisemersonnc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm another bannerbrick noob w/following:

- 4.0E wii
- HBC installed
- TWHack installed
- no starfall
- no hackmii, savemii, bootmii

My current setup/situation
- i swapped out the DVD drive w/an older Wii that had a WiiKey on the drive
- now some discs at least try to 'autoboot' at the Health Warning screen, but all of them (including legit copy of Zelda TP, and the WAD MANANGER ISO disc posted earlier in this thread) give me the "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc..." message.

Any thoughts/ideas?

chrisemersonnc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tried a Zelda TP autoboot disc...

- from the "Health Warning" screen - nothing happens - disc never stops spinning
- from the Debug Mode (SaveMii/GC controller hack) - screen goes black after disc spins up - never stops spinning.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm truly a "banner brick".

My problem (black screen after Health Warning) started after installing some zip of a version of the NeoGamma WAD... (going to look up exact version)

Is my situation sounding like a banner brick or something else?

sonicflash12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey chrisemersonnc can u send me a link to download The Last Chance Unbrick Disc, ty i can't seem to find it anywhere

Posts merged

hey chrisemersonnc can u send me a link to download The Last Chance Unbrick Disc, ty i can't seem to find it anywhere

wigee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I have the same problem with my WII.
I installed a neo 5 wad file rebooted and after health screen i only have a black screen.
I have been reading the last month about how to solve this problem on, serveral sites.

This should be the solution (i hope) ->

I bought a wasabi DX chip that has arrived today.
I need this chip because otherwise i can not autoboot discs.

As on this chip the autoboot option is not standaard enabled i will first put the chip in a clean WII and activate the autoboot option.
Then install it in the the Banner Bricked WII, get in to recovery mode and insert the autoboot wadinstaller disc (this is original a NTSC version, as i have a european versie i converted it to PAL).
I hope this disc will autoboot so i can remove this bad wad.

I'll let you know if it worked.

wigee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I have the same problem with my WII.
I installed a neo 5 wad file rebooted and after health screen i only have a black screen.
I have been reading the last month about how to solve this problem on, serveral sites.

This should be the solution (i hope) ->

I bought a wasabi DX chip that has arrived today.
I need this chip because otherwise i can not autoboot discs.

As on this chip the autoboot option is not standaard enabled i will first put the chip in a clean WII and activate the autoboot option.
Then install it in the the Banner Bricked WII, get in to recovery mode and insert the autoboot wadinstaller disc (this is original a NTSC version, as i have a european versie i converted it to PAL).
I hope this disc will autoboot so i can remove this bad wad.

I'll let you know if it worked.

wigee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yesterday i installed the wasabi DX chip into my WII.
I was unable to get autoboot wad manager disc, same with the nintendo repair disc.

I always got the error:

An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc and turn the power off.

The only thing that was positif is that i could autoboot my games. So from now i can play again with my WII.

Does anyone have an idear why i can't autoboot those 2 discs (they were both converted to PAL) ?
Maybe try with ntsc version of is this really bad for my Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work