Hacking I banner Bricked my Wii.

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
wigee said:
Yesterday i installed the wasabi DX chip into my WII.
I was unable to get autoboot wad manager disc, same with the nintendo repair disc.

I always got the error:

An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc and turn the power off.

The only thing that was positif is that i could autoboot my games. So from now i can play again with my WII.

Does anyone have an idear why i can't autoboot those 2 discs (they were both converted to PAL) ?
Maybe try with ntsc version of is this really bad for my Wii?
Try this autoboot disc http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHOREMRO -it works with PAL and NTSC Wiis-. It launches The Homebrew Channel. Try it even if another autoboot discs didn't work. My firmware is 4.1E and I realized that old autoboot discs no longer work for me even though I have trucha in all my IOSs -I used Dop-IOS to dope them and I verified it with SignCheck-, System Menu IOS included. So, I decided to make this disc. It works in a similar way to Marcan's ISO template -I used the same boot.dol- but the loader is different. What you need is a modchip, Homebrew Channel and Waninkoko's IOS249 already installed and bug trucha on the system menu IOS. Give it a try and tell us your experience.

wigee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok thx zantzue i'll give it a try this weekend.

Little question about it, Should i try to boot this in recovery mode our just put the dvd in and start my Modded WII?

Also I have IOS249 installed but it is not Waninkoko's one i think.
Will this block the autoboot ?

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
wigee said:
Ok thx zantzue i'll give it a try this weekend.

Little question about it, Should i try to boot this in recovery mode our just put the dvd in and start my Modded WII?

Also I have IOS249 installed but it is not Waninkoko's one i think.
Will this block the autoboot ?
As you have a banner brick use the recovery mode to boot it. Use the savemiifrii method, you know. IOS249 is Waninkoko's cIOS so if you have IOS249 you have it. Try it and if it doesn't work use iospatcher-1.1 to patch it, so that it works with another IOS (one you think trucha bug is unfixed).

wigee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I tried the Zantzue's Anti-brick Disc in recovery mode, it started but i came directly in neogamma backup loader 4.
Weard.
Because this disc booted up I also tried the Universal-Unbrick Disc V2 this also started and i came in wadmanager 1.3.
then i selected SD slot and i came in the menu with all the installed wads.
Tried to uninstall neogamma, it refused it.
Reinstalled it ok.
Rebooted, Wii Was still bricked.
Tried again to start Universal-Unbrick Disc V2, reinstalled i the wad that i found on it.
Rebooted and YEEEEEEEEEEEEES i cam in the normal WII menu.

MY WII IS FINALLY Fixed.

Thx for all the great support of all you guys.

Greetz,
Wigee

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
wigee said:
Hi,

I tried the Zantzue's Anti-brick Disc in recovery mode, it started but i came directly in neogamma backup loader 4.
Weard.
Because this disc booted up I also tried the Universal-Unbrick Disc V2 this also started and i came in wadmanager 1.3.
then i selected SD slot and i came in the menu with all the installed wads.
Tried to uninstall neogamma, it refused it.
Reinstalled it ok.
Rebooted, Wii Was still bricked.
Tried again to start Universal-Unbrick Disc V2, reinstalled i the wad that i found on it.
Rebooted and YEEEEEEEEEEEEES i cam in the normal WII menu.

MY WII IS FINALLY Fixed.

Thx for all the great support of all you guys.

Greetz,
Wigee
My disc boots the Homebrew Channel -if already installed-. Are you really saying it opened neogamma backup loader 4? It doesn't make sense...Anyway, I'm happy you finally unbricked your Wii. Now install Bootmii as boot2 and do a backup of your Wii's NAND, if possible.

arlington

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey! I have been looking everywhere for a solution. I installed a corrupt wad (even though I got it from a trusted site) which made my beloved softmodded Wii crash. After pushing A at health screen, the screen goes black. It's horrible! I have spent so many hours making it perfect, and now this! Couldn't believe my eyes. Believe me when I say that the next time, I will have a NAND backup and never use any other WADs than the ones I know works 100%!
hate2.gif

This disc- Zantzue's Anti-brick Disc- It says in the Readme that I need a modchip. Is this very important? I don't have one. Will this make much difference? Or perhaps I just find a Gamecubecontroller somewhere and try it anyway.

If it doesn't work, I guess I'll have to hope the store where I bought my Wii takes it back and gives me a new one. Nintendo can't have the time to open up every console, can they? I mean, I haven't touched in that way (haha) it so there's no scratchmarks or screws missing. I can imagine they'll check out the consoles who have visible signs of intrusions and modding first. Hopefully they just skip checking mine out.

I must say; this thread is the best, googled for hours for something like this. Thanks, you're doing a great job, and I, and probably a lot more folks, are really thankful!

arlington

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Disc didn't work, have tried wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290-repad.iso, UUDv2.iso, Zantzue's Anti-brick Disc and some other things I have already deleted from my drive. I got so pissed I took the whole thing to the local store, where I bought it and still have warranty. If they somehow manage to see that I've softmodded it, I'll pay up the bucks they want. Then I plan on getting a damn chip so that this never happens again.
hate2.gif

Oh well, it's a first for every people who do things with codes- be it consoles, mobilephones or computers. I'm just glad it wasn't my iPhone that got bricked.

Edit: I did get a new Wii! Still waiting for any answers on my questions in another thread.

dagamer01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
Uploading... it works perfectly ^^ hope it really works for you.

EDIT: http://rapidshare.com/files/121448651/WAD-...OBOOT_.rar.html

Burn with ImgBurn, because it's a 5MB ISO and other DVD burners fail with that size.

Hey i have the same problem as the OP. I have a banner bricked wii. I see the health warning and when i press A, the screen goes black. My wii is 4.1U with homebrew channel installed and bootmii installed (not sure if it is installed as boot2 or ios.) I tried you autoboot wad manager, The dvd spins and then i get an error (says to take out disc, restart wii, and look at operating manual). I do have a wiikey v1 installed on this wii with 1.9s firmware.

Can some1 help me get my wii back? i would be a great great help. thanks so much

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
the error you get is mostly from bad burns, try burning a new one and retry, the best discs to burn wii games/discs on is verbatim dvd-r almost never fails burning wii discs...

edit: and you could try to put the bootmii files on a sd and try booting the wii with that to see if you can get into the bootmii boot2... if so you can just go to hbc and delete the bricking wad...

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't that "WAD Manager Autoboot" ISO use the signing bug? He stated that his Wii was at 4.1U, so if it uses the signing bug, then I doubt that he will be able to run that.

If you don't have BootMii as boot2, then perhaps you could dump and burn a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl, set it to autoboot (although I think I remember reading before that this does not work), and load the Smash Stack. Of course, this is assuming that the "WAD Manager Autoboot" ISO uses the signing bug, which I believe it does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    +1
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Hey there! :)