Homebrew I am new to Ds hacking, what do I need?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rydian said:
NES games work fine.

SNES/Genesis have various issues.

The DS is not very good for emulation.
Well must of the emulators.
The DStwo has the best you can get at the moment for emulation.

violagirl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any DS cart that runs homebrew apps the best? I have no interests in getting a flash cart for pirating DS games (I'll just buy the game), but I want it for the homebrew apps, so the one with the best compatibility for all homebrew apps would be best for me! I tried reading the reviews and some had app tests and some didn't, and on some, not all homebrew apps worked so... I wasn't sure.

I do have a mild interest in NES/SNES emulation too, but if it doesn't work, I could get over it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The Supercard DSTwo or Cyclo DSi.

The problem is that while each one can run better homebrew than normal, they're incompatible, homebrew made to run on the DSTwo's onboard processor will not work on the Cyclo DSi, and while the Cyclo DSi can run homebrew in DSi mode for a speed boost, the DSTwo cannot run in DSi mode.

The DSTwo has some established homebrews for it already (mostly emulators), but the Cyclo will support newer homebrews at better speeds automatically as soon as they're compiled again with the latest devkitarm... though there's no GBA emulation for it and the (general) SNES emulator (for all flash carts, not the special one for the DSTwo) has issues not directly related to speed.

It's no easy decision.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1