Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Thought so. I wonder how many people don't know this and are hype to get loadiine and things like that before February. Let's hope none.
Well, that's actually pretty obvious, I guess that everyone knows that when the IOSU Exploit arrives we won't have anything, maybe we can use some Kernel Homebrews like in 4 days or 1-2 weeks.
It's like getting sad because you bought a Console and doesn't have games when you buy it on day 1, it's just obvious lol

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did people getting IOSU exploit will be released before February from? Is this latest news from Hykem somewhere or just based on past statement? Seem to be another way of hype today, which I can't understand where it came from.

With IOSU exploit, will the homebrew developers have to rewrite most code of the app or just port like kexploit? Excuse me for my noobness. I think porting means less rewriting code. Not sure whether it's correct.

One of hykem's recentish posts stated that his "vacations" had been extended through the end of February and he has repeatedly said that he wants to have everything out in time for him to be able to provide support for it for a few weeks while he has the time.

In reality, nothing specific was stated in regards to a release window other than "sometime before the end of February" and "most of the work is done".

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of hykem's recentish posts stated that his "vacations" had been extended through the end of February and he has repeatedly said that he wants to have everything out in time for him to be able to provide support for it for a few weeks while he has the time.

In reality, nothing specific was stated in regards to a release window other than "sometime before the end of February" and "most of the work is done".
Thanks for clarifying.

IOSU of Wii U would also cover the Wii part of the Wii U, right? I meant like with 3DS when we back up 3DS NAND, the DS part also can be back up (correct me if am wrong).

I completely in the dark regarding Wii U. Never modded or used it.

Last edited by tivu100,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clarifying.

IOSU of Wii U would also cover the Wii part of the Wii U, right? I meant like with 3DS when we back up 3DS NAND, the DS part also can be back up (correct me if am wrong).

I completely in the dark regarding Wii U. Never modded or used it.

The Wii part (vWii) is already effectively as hacked as the Wii itself. There are a few things that either can't be done or are harder to accomplish due to the nature of the vWii-mode itself, but for all intents and purposes anything that you could do to a Wii can be done to the Wii mode of a Wii U console.

No idea if you own a Vita or are in any way familiar with the hacks available for one, but its pretty much the same as the PSP mode of a Vita.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its not a seperate NAND, so its not like vwii vs Wiiu
I don't have technical background so with 3DSm, the DS part like you said is within 3DS NAND(?) While with Wii U you have to back up 2 different NANDs (vwii and WiiU)?

I maybe mistaken, but didn't someone here on this section was talking about the ability to launch Wii from within Wii U IOSU? Is that possible and how if they are 2 separate NANDs?

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS has a small amount (about 256KB) of internal Flash memory used for storing things like e.g. Nintendo WFC settings, system nickname, and the like. This is presumably just emulated at a high level by the 3DS in DS mode, instead of it actually having even a section of its NAND dedicated to an exact replica of the DS's NAND.

Basically, effectively the DS didn't use its NAND flash for storing anything important anyway, so talking about an "emunand" type thing for the DS is a pointless endeavor. :P

Last edited by Insidious611,

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have technical background so with 3DSm, the DS part like you said is within 3DS NAND(?) While with Wii U you have to back up 2 different NANDs (vwii and WiiU)?

I maybe mistaken, but didn't someone here on this section was talking about the ability to launch Wii from within Wii U IOSU? Is that possible and how if they are 2 separate NANDs?
Are you talking about the wii game wrappers that launch from the wii u? Because it basically just installs a wii game and runs it in wii mode, from the wii u menu

And just because the nands are seperate, doesnt mean there cant be interaction between the two

AzureBomber

Trophies
XP
Country
"If you accidentally updated to 5.5.1, it appears that Yellows8's .mp4 exploit has NOT been patched (confirmed by Crediar)."

I had a friend update to 5.5.1 to play Smash, what does this mean exactly? How fucked am I?

digiw0rx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"If you accidentally updated to 5.5.1, it appears that Yellows8's .mp4 exploit has NOT been patched (confirmed by Crediar)."

I had a friend update to 5.5.1 to play Smash, what does this mean exactly? How fucked am I?

Didn't have to update to play Smash... I've been playing it on 5.5 with tubehax dns enabled?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've often wondered... There's all kinds of stuff that can be done with the kernel exploit, saviine, loadiine, dumpiine... And IOSU>kernel, so I'm a bit confused as to what that means for when the IOSU exploit gets released. Will we have access to all that can be done with kernel, or will everything have to be completely rewritten, or will we need to wait for a separate kernel exploit for 5.5.1? How will everything work?:

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've often wondered... There's all kinds of stuff that can be done with the kernel exploit, saviine, loadiine, dumpiine... And IOSU>kernel, so I'm a bit confused as to what that means for when the IOSU exploit gets released. Will we have access to all that can be done with kernel, or will everything have to be completely rewritten, or will we need to wait for a separate kernel exploit for 5.5.1? How will everything work?:
one thing that an IOSU exploit will let us use is USB drives, right? also things like emunand

shibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope Hykem or anyone working on the IOSU clarifies and confirms that updating to 5.5.1 won't cause any problems with whatever they are working on... because to be honest this "DO NOT UPDATE TO 5.5.1 !" on page1 is bloody scary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4