Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope Hykem or anyone working on the IOSU clarifies and confirms that updating to 5.5.1 won't cause any problems with whatever they are working on... because to be honest this "DO NOT UPDATE TO 5.5.1 !" on page1 is bloody scary...
It's been confirmed by hykem's own posts/tweets that the IOSU exploit will support 5.5.1.
Nonetheless I get your point, I accidentily updated to 5.5.0 through disc, and now I'm wondering whether I should just update to 5.5.1 or remain on the firmware I'm now. Some posts I read there's no benefit in staying on 5.5.0 over 5.5.1, but then in others I read that 5.5.0 has more entrypoints. I'll just stay on 5.5.0 just to be safe.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been confirmed by hykem's own posts/tweets that the IOSU exploit will support 5.5.1.
Nonetheless I get your point, I accidentily updated to 5.5.0 through disc, and now I'm wondering whether I should just update to 5.5.1 or remain on the firmware I'm now. Some posts I read there's no benefit in staying on 5.5.0 over 5.5.1, but then in others I read that 5.5.0 has more entrypoints. I'll just stay on 5.5.0 just to be safe.
there is no difference between 5.5.0 and 5.5.1. the MP4 exploit still works on it.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's no functional difference between 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 as far as I know. A bunch of stuff got patched, but there's no real point in updating for the sake of it.

If you have to ask, then you should probably just leave it alone.

Madotsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought so. I wonder how many people don't know this and are hype to get loadiine and things like that before February. Let's hope none.

I think it's more that the faster it comes out the faster we can get work done on homebrew. That, and there's a sense of zen in knowing that you're in the clear, don't have to wait suspenseful, and have successfully cracked your console to just play the waiting game until homebrew comes in. I know I'm mostly waiting so that way I know that I 100% for sure have it set up properly.

That, and the sooner it comes out the less chance there is for Nintendo to push out a new firmware version before we get Emunand perfectly up and running.

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I think it's more that the faster it comes out the faster we can get work done on homebrew. That, and there's a sense of zen in knowing that you're in the clear, don't have to wait suspenseful, and have successfully cracked your console to just play the waiting game until homebrew comes in. I know I'm mostly waiting so that way I know that I 100% for sure have it set up properly.

That, and the sooner it comes out the less chance there is for Nintendo to push out a new firmware version before we get Emunand perfectly up and running.

Which homebrew are you going to make ?

Reactions: josh87402

darrin41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys, sorry for the delay - as it turns out, I didn't need to panic you all by stating my development would go into Feb ... it won't be ...

So I have some good news, and some very good news. My IOSU exploit is ready assuming you're on firmware 5.5.0 or below via the .mp4 exploit. It looks like Nintendo have put a phone home into the 5.5.1 browser, so if you're on 5.5.1 you're going to have to wait a few more weeks (sorry but I think i can work around). DO NOT INStALL ON 5.5.1! IT WILL BRICK!

The other good news is that I've been working with @golden45, and he's already built a version of Loadiine too :) We are going to bundle together in a few hours, so this evening you should all be happy (finally haha).

Compatibility seems really good; I've had 100% success rate. As ever please watch my twitter account - i'll post links to a new Github repo once golden45 and I have sorted a few last bits.

Happy hacking
thanks sir

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
OK guys, sorry for the delay - as it turns out, I didn't need to panic you all by stating my development would go into Feb ... it won't be ...

So I have some good news, and some very good news. My IOSU exploit is ready assuming you're on firmware 5.5.0 or below via the .mp4 exploit. It looks like Nintendo have put a phone home into the 5.5.1 browser, so if you're on 5.5.1 you're going to have to wait a few more weeks (sorry but I think i can work around). DO NOT INStALL ON 5.5.1! IT WILL BRICK!

The other good news is that I've been working with @golden45, and he's already built a version of Loadiine too :) We are going to bundle together in a few hours, so this evening you should all be happy (finally haha).

Compatibility seems really good; I've had 100% success rate. As ever please watch my twitter account - i'll post links to a new Github repo once golden45 and I have sorted a few last bits.

Happy hacking
who the fuck are you

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont know why but now i dont really see the point to the IOSU.
I have my Wii U since November and i dont know why but i dont want to pirate games or have homebrew.
I just want to enjoy my console like i did when i was more younger with my PS/PS2/GC/GB.

Maybe in 1-2 Years i will want to Jack Sparrow it. As for my 3DS / Wii

Dont ask me why i suddenly dont care about IOSU... maybe because of the splatoon music which i listen again and again... (Final Boss - phase 2)

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom

Happy hacking
Is this the real Hykem?

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

Happy hacking
<hykem> username, not "hykem"
58 age, not 100
Antarctica 0/10 bad fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, im now by episode 8 of lain