XP
Country
France
I bought it.
Here are the download sizes for windows:

About the extra stuff in CaveStory+, I found this on Steam website:
  • Original (320x240) graphics and upgraded “HD” graphics
  • Remastered music as well as the original soundtrack
  • Mix-and-match new/old artwork and music!
  • Six new play modes (including Wind Fortress, Boss Rush and more!)

Reactions: 1 person

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
anyone know what the average size of these games is in megabytes?

My parents are real nuts about our bandwidth usage... i mean 30gb a month for 6 people is impossible really..

And i really want these games... nice last minute present for my cousins too...

thanks D:

Cave Story: 49MB
Gradituous Space Battles: 251MB
Jamestown: 84MB
Bit.Trip Runner: 56MB
Super Meat Boy: 238MB
Shank: 2GB
NightSky HD: 128MB

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
thanks so much guys! I should be able to convince my parents now ^^

I'll edit if i buy it! :P

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I 100% super meat boy a few weeks ago, those who get that game should enjoy the amount of stress you will get from it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not liking Super Meat Boy, it seems to refuse to do wall jumps half the time for me. I'll be sliding down a wall rapidly tapping the space bar and nothing happens :(

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm loving this bundle. Never played Cave Story before and I must say I like it. Definitely living up to all the hype and praise I have heard about it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I just remember why I prefer Console gaming :/

Cave story :
- It Doesn't work with a game controller (+keyboard at the same time) :
1. The "Down" is not registering in game, but works fine in the menus!
2. The "Down" Arrow key is not working either. other arrow directions are working fine.
3. I can jump+press down to shoot bellow, but not press down to enter a door or make an action when I'm on the floor.
4. You can't exit the game (black screen).
- The "down" key is working fine when I use keyboard setting only.
It's fixed, it was due to assigning a button to an Analog shoulder button.
- The game is QWERTY only, it asks to press Z but it's W for me. Well, not a big problem as I don't have to press the real Z but W and X.

I thought CaveStory+ would be nicer, but it's just the WiiWare version which was already upgraded graphically/musically.
Edit: Well, at least there are 5 additional mods, and new level & ending, I'm sure the wiiWare version don't have them ;)

NightSky :
You are missing msvcp100.dll : ok, downloading it!
You are missing msvcr100.dll : another one? downloading it too :/
Procedure call _invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn can't be found in MSVCR100.dll : damn, what I'm missing now? :angry:
It wasn't specified on the Humble website Requirement page!

Super Meat Boy :
Game crashed on first launch, and made Azureus crash too! (An error occured, blah blah)
Second launch (without Azureus opened) worked, but the game stayed on a black screen with a turning logo.

I forgot that computer games always need specific files, version, requirement, controller, calibration, conflicting apps, ....

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I just remember why I prefer Console gaming :/

Cave story :
- It Doesn't work with a game controller : the "Down" is not registering, even on the keyboard, and you can't exit the game. (black screen).
- The "down" key is working fine when I use keyboard setting only.
- The game is QWERTY only, it asks to press Z but it's W for me. Well, not a big problem as I don't have to press the real Z but W and X.

Do you have this "Down" problem too?
I'm on WinXP SP2, DirectX 9c.

I thought CaveStory+ would be nicer, but it's just the WiiWare version which was already upgraded graphically/musically.
Edit: Well, at least there are 5 additional mods, I'm sure the wiiWare version don't have them ;)
I hope the controller bug could be fixed.

NightSky :
You are missing msvcp100.dll : ok, downloading it!
You are missing msvcr100.dll : another one? downloading it too :/
Procedure call _invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn can't be found in MSVCR100.dll : damn, what I'm missing now? :angry:
It wasn't specified on the Humble website Requirement page!

I forgot that computer games always need specific files, version, requirement, controller, calibration ....

I'll play them on WiiWare :D

For NightSky, sounds like you are missing Microsoft VC++ Redistributable. Find and install the latest version of that for your OS and the game should work.

I haven't tried Cave Story yet, so I don't know if I experience the same issue...

EDIT: Just remembered why I haven't tried Cave Story yet - I actually have, but it wouldn't launch because I'm missing SDL.dll...

EDIT: Got SDL.dll from here: http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php and now it works :) But I haven't tried a game controller.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, thanks :)
I always "fixed" the applications needing these dlls by placing it in the folder.
I guess this time I really need to install the full libraries.

Edit:
It's working, and I didn't have to reboot :)
Thank you.

Edit2:
The runtime installer was provided!
It's in the setup folder.

(I don't like keyboard control, but I'll try anyway, or use Glovepie).

edit3 :
this one is using AZERTY keyboard, but with QWERTY control A and S are not side by side.

If you need a controller, you can use Padsend (from homebrew bounty) on Wii and a Gamecube controller.
It usually works well in the games I tried (except cave story).

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not liking Super Meat Boy, it seems to refuse to do wall jumps half the time for me. I'll be sliding down a wall rapidly tapping the space bar and nothing happens :(

Well, that could be for two reasons.

1. You have a sticky space bar.
2. The game is lagging a fair bit.

If the game is lagging, lower the resolution in the settings menu (Should give you a fair speed boost). Keep in mind that this game is meant to be played with a controller so don't expect to fully enjoy it how you are. If there's no lag and your space bar is just sticky for some reason, buy a $20 controller and play it the proper way. Most PC games support gamepads so I'd say it's a pretty worthwhile purchase.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a controller, I just don't usually use it. My space bar is not sticky and nor is there lag. I will try it with the controller at some point, but so far I have only really run each game quickly to try them out.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I had none of these issues because I installed and played both with Steam (which takes care of the pre-requisites).
The lack of controller support in CS+ is frustrating however :\

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to find if other users had the controller bug, but it seems it's only me having it :(
It's strange that it works fine in the menu and the config changer but not in the game.

Instead I found there's a way to put Aeon Genesis translation back into CaveStory+ :
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2262257

Other patching instructions are also available.

Edit:
I assigned different buttons and it's working now.
It was due to the "auto assign" when L/R analog are considered an axis instead of a button.
I can play it now.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a controller, I just don't usually use it. My space bar is not sticky and nor is there lag. I will try it with the controller at some point, but so far I have only really run each game quickly to try them out.

Strange, I used the keyboard the whole way. The game is one of the hardest ones you will play and will require extreme timing and precision which can't be done with unresponsive jumps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?