OP
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
206555-HumbleBundle.png

You maybe are saying that "Yeah, Yeah... another humble bundle thread, you just ended the other one...", I know, but this really needs a shout out.
This week's weekly bundle is called "RPGMaker".

210044-c12734da952aae2077470681229d0e1537e1573c.png

The Bundle contains:
RPG Maker VX Ace
RPG Maker DLC Bundle #1
Skyborn
Sweet Lily Dreams
RPG Maker - Free Games Bundle #1

Pay 6$ or more to unlock:
RPG Maker XP
RPG Maker - Exclusive Resource Pack
RPG Maker DLC Bundle #2
To the Moon
Deadly Sin 2
RPG Maker - Free Games Bundle #2

Pay 12$ or more to unlock:
Game Character Hub
RPG Maker DLC Bundle #3
Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm

Well would you look at that! If you ask me this really is a great bundle! Only RPG Maker VX Ace is 60EUR on steam and with the bundle you can get it with a mere 1$! This is a steal if you ask me! If you're into game making, are a game development student or your hobby is to create games, this is the bundle for you!

The Humble Weekly Bundle: RPG Maker
OMG! DIY RPG?A large bundle of RPG games and the very tools used to make them. If you have thought about making your own games this is a great place to start. Pay what you want for RPG Maker VX Ace plus the DLC Bundle #1 which includes music and graphic assets to include in your games. Along with the tools you also get some great games: Skyborn, Sweet Lily Dreams and the Free Games Bundle #1 with four more homebrew titles.

Pay $6 or more and also get RPG Maker XP and two additional content packs, the DLC Bundle #2 and a Humble Bundle Exclusive Resource Pack. Additional games added include critically acclaimed To The Moon, Deadly Sin 2 and Free Games Bundle #2 with an extra five homemade games!

Contribute $12 or more and get everything above plus the Game Character Hub, a tool for creating your own graphical assets. Included is another asset pack, DLC Bundle #3, and an additional game, Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm.

The shopkeeper must be going mad! If you bought all of these programs, content packs and games separately, it would cost you more than $370—but we're letting you name your price!

This game-making machine is Steam-powered. All of the tools and games in this bundle are available on Steam for Windows. In addition, the majority of the Asset packs are also available via Steam; however, a few of them are DRM-free and have to be downloaded and installed separately. They are only fully compatible with RPG Maker VX Ace. To The Moon is available DRM-free and on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Please check out the full system requirements here.

Support charity. You choose where your money goes: between the developers and two vital charities, the IndieCade Foundation and Child's Play. If you like this daily bundle, a tip to Humble Bundle would be greatly appreciated!

210047-d8a3844945b291349f8e2be5cd99d53abfaab206.jpg
And now I did mention a contest too, didn't I? Well yes, you heard it correctly! If you are a talented game developer or you make games just for a hobby and you'd like to win some prizes now's your time!
Enter the contest for a chance to win big prizes and even money, the grand prize being $10000!

210046-d6d40a79d14a2159ab1fadfcbf488846c473f0f6.png
Launching on June 1 is the 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest, a month-long competition encouraging all aspiring game developers to make their dream game using any engine for a chance to win huge prizes, including cash ($10,000 Grand Prize), exposure and critical acclaim. Submissions are due by June 30 and will be judged by a panel of RPG Maker and Humble Bundle team members and special guests. Full contest details can be found at http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com.
Overview said:
June is going to be a massive month for us. Not only is RPG Maker being featured in a Humble Bundle, but June is also National Game Development Month. To celebrate, we here at RPG Maker, in partnership with Humble Bundle, are holding an Indie Game Maker Contest for the entire month!

Here's the best part: there's no restriction on genre or engine! Games will be separated into two categories (RPG and non-RPG) and judged for their presentation, gameplay, and fun factor. Feel free to use any engine you want and make any kind of game you desire (as long as you follow the rules, of course). The games must be complete, though, so be sure to budget your time carefully! We do recommend keeping the play time to under one hour, as the judges will typically stop playing at that point.

This is your chance to have a blast and create that short, creative game you always dreamed of and win a huge prize! If you're an aspiring commercial indie developer, this could be a golden opportunity to put your name on the map!

Contest Timeline said:
  • May 29 - June 30, 2014 – Game Development period. Create an awesome gaming experience!
  • June 30 11:59PM UTC – Deadline for submissions. Completed games only. No late entries will be accepted!
  • July 1-7 – People's Choice voting period. Voting closes on July 7 at 11:59PM UTC!
  • July – Judging period. Judges will determine a Grand Prize winner, as well as rank the top three entries in the RPG and non-RPG categories based on a scoring rubric.
  • Late July – Winners are announced!
  • Late July/Early August – We will hold a podcast in which we talk about the contest, the winners, and more!
Prizes said:
There are 11 prize packages up for grabs, and 8 of them include cold hard cash:

• Grand Prize: $10,000
  • 1st-3rd place (each category): $2,500, $1,000, and $500
  • People’s Choice: $2,000
Plus, all participants will receive $10 off any purchase in the RPG Maker Web store!

So hurry up everyone who wants to enter the contest! You'll have one month of work! May the best win! ;)

Sooo....What do you guys think about all these? :)

:arrow: Source #1 Sorry, bundle ended!
:arrow: Source #2

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pretty much all the...erm...well, I can't exactly call it "games" anymore, but...pretty much all the programs on humble bundle are usually steals.

And I don't know what to think of it. I seriously doubt you can make a decent game with it, even by indie standards. With the "no programming required" from the base program, you're obviously locked in what is provided already, which means that if you work hard enough, you can make a great game...like the nearly dozen ones that are included in the humble bundle you begin with. In other words: don't expect anyone else to like it as much as you do. It's kind of like having programs like MS-paint or MS-word on your computer. Just because you now have the power to create art or write the best novel in history doesn't mean you will actually make it. And that's even assuming you can tweak the program outside its original borders.

On the other hand...having these sorts of tools readily available may be very interesting. Take a look at games like "Dear Esther". In essence, it's nothing more than a visual novel. But the way it is narrated makes it a very interesting...experience. Same here. I absolutely hate turn-based RPG's. But I'm sure it'll be possible to throw that entire aspect out of the window and go more for an exploration kind of game, a visual novel or even a game with Zelda-like puzzles (from what I can see, I doubt action-RPG's in the style of old Zelda's are readily available or even possible).
Hmm...got to think on this... :unsure:

EDIT: okay, gotta admit: it's really nice they hold a competition. I hope it'll bring lots of talents to the drawing board. But I've gotta admit I will in no way be one of them (these sorts of things tend to get won by people actually making games for a living).

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty much all the...erm...well, I can't exactly call it "games" anymore, but...pretty much all the programs on humble bundle are usually steals.

And I don't know what to think of it. I seriously doubt you can make a decent game with it, even by indie standards. With the "no programming required" from the base program, you're obviously locked in what is provided already, which means that if you work hard enough, you can make a great game...like the nearly dozen ones that are included in the humble bundle you begin with. In other words: don't expect anyone else to like it as much as you do. It's kind of like having programs like MS-paint or MS-word on your computer. Just because you now have the power to create art or write the best novel in history doesn't mean you will actually make it. And that's even assuming you can tweak the program outside its original borders.

On the other hand...having these sorts of tools readily available may be very interesting. Take a look at games like "Dear Esther". In essence, it's nothing more than a visual novel. But the way it is narrated makes it a very interesting...experience. Same here. I absolutely hate turn-based RPG's. But I'm sure it'll be possible to throw that entire aspect out of the window and go more for an exploration kind of game, a visual novel or even a game with Zelda-like puzzles (from what I can see, I doubt action-RPG's in the style of old Zelda's are readily available or even possible).
Hmm...got to think on this... :unsure:

EDIT: okay, gotta admit: it's really nice they hold a competition. I hope it'll bring lots of talents to the drawing board. But I've gotta admit I will in no way be one of them (these sorts of things tend to get won by people actually making games for a living).
Have you ever played To The Moon? It's made in RPG Maker XP (with a bunch of custom scripts and stuff, sure) but it focuses pretty much completely on story. There's no battles of any kind except a joke near the beginning of the game. It's possible to make something like that too.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow that is by far one of the best sales in terms of value.
That savings are just crazy. Definitely grabbing this.

Reactions: Attila13

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Have you ever played To The Moon? It's made in RPG Maker XP (with a bunch of custom scripts and stuff, sure) but it focuses pretty much completely on story. There's no battles of any kind except a joke near the beginning of the game. It's possible to make something like that too.
I just started it (had it from a previous steam sale). In terms of build quality, it's not bad in any way. This is pretty much what I expected to be possible with what that RPG maker VX Ace trailer showed (I forgot to add 'point & click' style adventure games as well).

It sure is a step back from what I expect from a game. But on the other hand, it's also more than I expected. Rather than looking at it as "a game" that will never measure up to AAA-titles, it can be a way to tell a story that goes much deeper than a book can ever be. :)

EDIT: purchased the bundle. Most likely, it'll end up in this evergrowing "things to do" list, but you never know.

It's probably worth mentioning that though this program has a ton of DLC on steam, quite a lot of it is included in this bundle.
Also worth mentioning: the program is free to try on steam this weekend...and has 75% off all items (though that latter is probably just interesting for those who already bought it)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country

The music and story of To The Moon is superb. Gameplay and graphics, meh. But I found it worth trudging through the mechanical feel of the game just to get to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude