Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anybody have savedatafiler dump of JP GW OOT Save? I need savedatafiler dump to fix JP GW OOT save corrupted.

Do you have O3DS? Try this:

1. Use GW game save beta release from 3.1.1
2. restore save on your O3DS with your Oot game cart
3. Use Oot game cart on N3DS

likearls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have O3DS? Try this:

1. Use GW game save beta release from 3.1.1
2. restore save on your O3DS with your Oot game cart
3. Use Oot game cart on N3DS

I have already done this, Save corrupted.My jp Oot cart is non working ver.
To fix save corrupted problem, savedatafiler dumps of GW Oot save and non working Oot save are needed.

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that i have gateway3ds up and running smoothly on my n3ds. Can i just sell my sky3ds and buy a cubic ninja japanese cartridge? will it be any different? will it effect my n3ds in any way?

Aymericard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Weeeeeell, I'm definitely gonna need help for that. I forgot we can't dump a retail cartridge save while in Gateway mode. So I guess I'd need some way to launch savedatafiler while being able to use retail carts. Can somebody tell me how to do this ? I have an old 3DS in 4.5 to help me.
So then, everybody could play gateway on their new 3DS and be happy. :)

likearls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Weeeeeell, I'm definitely gonna need help for that. I forgot we can't dump a retail cartridge save while in Gateway mode. So I guess I'd need some way to launch savedatafiler while being able to use retail carts. Can somebody tell me how to do this ? I have an old 3DS in 4.5 to help me.

launch CFW and use savedatafiler

sothere

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

japanese zelda1.1 savedatafiler

Attachments

• AQEJnofix.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 156

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could someone help me please???

I just got my sky3ds to use with my new 3ds LL. My FW is on 9.1.0-20J

It is just that the save file for zelda oot jap is not working, always corrupted. I followed the tutorial here http://www.infinitydream.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=162

I have tried both roms scene release bahamut and v01 by HR and still not working. Always this:

11b7nur.jpg

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
japanese zelda1.1 savedatafiler

Never mind. Any save file combination with any template and both roms released did not work on my n3ds LL.

Thank GW they could get it working with cubic ninja and now It worked and I am backing up nand now.

Aymericard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, sorry guys for the delay but I had to install CFW and since I'm on Linux I had to figure out how to replace some of the tools in the tutorial that were only for windows. Plus I'm super busy with studies.
But I managed to install savedatafiler and exported my save from my working japanese cart (AQEJ351191).
Now I'm gonna leave it to sonic2756 for the GW fix.

Attachments

• filer.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: likearls

likearls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Aymericard !!!!

I fix JP GW OOT Save.My oot is AQEJ610220 and I don't know this save work in other oot.

Attachments

• AQEJFIX.rar
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,676
Reactions: suctions

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that i have gateway3ds up and running smoothly on my n3ds. Can i just sell my sky3ds and buy a cubic ninja japanese cartridge? will it be any different? will it effect my n3ds in any way?

Why? No. Hold onto it. :blink:

Sky3DS will come in handy. You can do more stuff with Sky3DS and no need to buy CN or OOT -EVER-.

Take advantage of your Sky3DS. It's worth the $$$ you paid for it. Especially if something happens and you need it again. You never know...

Reactions: .44 Magnum

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so glad they did the CN exploit. The Zelda one was somewhat unreliable. I was never able to make the save work on my retail cart either. I was able to get the save onto it with SDF. However, after the game crashes, the GW menu never comes up. Think I'll just sell it on e-bay while the price is high.

does it matter if im using the 3.1.1 gateway launcher.dat instead of the 3.1.0?

Well, GW did fix some bugs so it's probably better to use 3.1.1. However, I forgot to update my Australian model before running the CN exploit. It still worked. So, it will work on 3.1.0 if you encountered a bug and needed to revert back to it for some reason.

Not something I would recommend. Cubic Ninja can only run one copy of Cubic Ninja. I'm currently using 5 side by side on my Sky. 3 US and 2 EU. I have different exploits on all of them:

1. Ninjhax for 4.5 US
2. GW US
3. NTR 2 US
4. GW EU
5. NTR 2 EU

I'm using NTR for my N3DS CFW because it's the first to show some promise. It can currently decrypt 6.x saves via a plugin (and they're compatible with SDF). Gateway really could use an "Enhanced Mode" that enables CIAs while running retail carts. Then we could just run SDF. That works for now, though. I don't really have any use for the other features, but I'm holding onto it just to see what other plugins/features show up. Now if something that runs DSiWare would come out, I'd have everything I use Palantine/PBT for on the old 3DS.

Also, ROMs loaded to Sky3DS can be safely used to update your SysNAND. They're practically the only thing that can, aside from the retail carts themselves. Try to update via ROM on SysNAND using GW mode and you'll brick your system. Both my US and EU N3DS XLs are on 9.2 now (and without having to buy that casualware Gardening/Cooking Mama crap for the EU unit, wouldn't mind buying Smash Bros. so much if you could tell which one has the 9.2, but it's hard to know just looking at the box).

So, I'd advise holding onto it. It practically pays for itself. However, if you decide you still want to sell it, I wouldn't mind having a second one (as long as it's the blue button one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock