HOWTO: Replace PAL Tekken 3 with NTSC on PSClassic

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm stumped. Maybe you're using a later version of Bleemsync and they changed the database files? I've only ever used the first release that was basically the same as stock.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Followed the tutorial and seamlessly replaced all my games with the NTSC-U versions. Thanks for the write-up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I need some help please. I followed your instructions exactly, but Tekken 3 NTSC will not start. When I try to run it from the PlayStation Classic Bleemsync GUI, it doesn't do anything. Meanwhile I try to run it from "Internal" on Retroarch, it gives me the error of "File could not be loaded from playlist." I did the database edit right so I'm not sure why? If I load the game directly through "Load content", the game starts normally. What is going on?

Sounds like something's wrong with the .cue file. Use the original .cue file from the PlayStation Classic, but modify the game id code inside of it (open it with Notepad or something to do this). Don't use a cue from a game you downloaded or one you generated as they may not be formatted correctly. Also make sure the cue file and all the other files use the same game id as the .bin in their respective filenames.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Sophie-bear. I appreciate it.
Make sure there's an empty line at the end of the file. I'm not sure if it's actually important, but it's there.
Code:
 FILE "SLUS-00402.bin" BINARY
 TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
 INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
 INDEX 01 59:47:58
 TRACK 03 AUDIO
 INDEX 01 62:24:61

ShadowCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck... are you using Bleemsync 1.1 when you did this?

I tried restoring the PAL version and that didn't work either. I feel like there's another database used by Bleemsync somewhere.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
No luck... are you using Bleemsync 1.1 when you did this?

I tried restoring the PAL version and that didn't work either. I feel like there's another database used by Bleemsync somewhere.
I have Bleemsync 1.1 kernel installed; however, I'm using Autobleem as a frontend right now. It has a file called "internal.db" for internal games. I'm not sure if that's the same on BleemSync.
Did you test if your game is working without the BleemSync USB inserted?

Edit: I reinstalled BleemSync 1.1 w/o AutoBleem to determine my games seem to be working fine. I'm honestly not sure what you're missing here.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
No the same issue if I don't have the USB inserted. Where is the internal.db located?
I did some digging and determined that file is only applicable to AutoBleem. Bleemsync does not seem to have a database of its own for internal games and instead uses the one on the system.
Have you double checked your changes to regional.db are applying correctly after uploading the file back to the system? I had to delete the original regional.db and reupload my modified copy before I was confident it'd actually been changed.

ShadowCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes because when I upload the modified regional.db and then redownload it afterwards. It does have the modification with SLUS-00402. That psx_clock set to 54 shouldn't make a difference right?

ShadowCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at a lost as to what to do. So out of curiosity if I delete the 17 entry from regional.db. Does that mean the game won't show up?

darkrettich

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only some PAL games have Libcrypt. You just get the corresponding sbi from the redump site and put it in the same folder.

Or just use NTSC-U for everything. 60 fps are better than 50.

Hey everyone, did someone manage to replace (add) a game by a PAL game with Libcrypt? I've tried this by adding the correct *.SBI file (correct name) and I already updated the emulator file. The game starts but freezes at the position where the Libcrypt is checked. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.