HOWTO: Replace PAL Tekken 3 with NTSC on PSClassic

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by subcon959, Feb 16, 2019.

1. subcon959
    OP

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I'm stumped. Maybe you're using a later version of Bleemsync and they changed the database files? I've only ever used the first release that was basically the same as stock.

2. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Followed the tutorial and seamlessly replaced all my games with the NTSC-U versions. Thanks for the write-up.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sounds like something's wrong with the .cue file. Use the original .cue file from the PlayStation Classic, but modify the game id code inside of it (open it with Notepad or something to do this). Don't use a cue from a game you downloaded or one you generated as they may not be formatted correctly. Also make sure the cue file and all the other files use the same game id as the .bin in their respective filenames.

Last edited by Sophie-bear, Aug 8, 2019
  3. ShadowCloud

ShadowCloud Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    United States
    I am using Bleemsync 1.1 if that matters. Oh shoot I didn't backup the original .cue file.....

4. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    I'll send you the contents the cue should have in a moment if you can wait a few minutes while I restart my PC.

5. ShadowCloud

ShadowCloud Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    United States
    Thanks, Sophie-bear. I appreciate it.

6. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Make sure there's an empty line at the end of the file. I'm not sure if it's actually important, but it's there.
    Code:
     FILE "SLUS-00402.bin" BINARY
     TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
     INDEX 01 00:00:00
     TRACK 02 AUDIO
     INDEX 01 59:47:58
     TRACK 03 AUDIO
     INDEX 01 62:24:61

7. ShadowCloud

ShadowCloud Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    United States
    No luck... are you using Bleemsync 1.1 when you did this?

I tried restoring the PAL version and that didn't work either. I feel like there's another database used by Bleemsync somewhere.

8. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    I have Bleemsync 1.1 kernel installed; however, I'm using Autobleem as a frontend right now. It has a file called "internal.db" for internal games. I'm not sure if that's the same on BleemSync.
    Did you test if your game is working without the BleemSync USB inserted?

Edit: I reinstalled BleemSync 1.1 w/o AutoBleem to determine my games seem to be working fine. I'm honestly not sure what you're missing here.

Last edited by Sophie-bear, Aug 9, 2019
  9. ShadowCloud

ShadowCloud Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    United States
    No the same issue if I don't have the USB inserted. Where is the internal.db located?

10. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    I did some digging and determined that file is only applicable to AutoBleem. Bleemsync does not seem to have a database of its own for internal games and instead uses the one on the system.
    Have you double checked your changes to regional.db are applying correctly after uploading the file back to the system? I had to delete the original regional.db and reupload my modified copy before I was confident it'd actually been changed.

11. ShadowCloud

ShadowCloud Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    United States
    Yes because when I upload the modified regional.db and then redownload it afterwards. It does have the modification with SLUS-00402. That psx_clock set to 54 shouldn't make a difference right?

12. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    It will make a difference in performance, but shouldn't prevent the game from launching...

13. ShadowCloud

ShadowCloud Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    United States
    I'm at a lost as to what to do. So out of curiosity if I delete the 17 entry from regional.db. Does that mean the game won't show up?

14. darkrettich

darkrettich Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    Germany
    Hey everyone, did someone manage to replace (add) a game by a PAL game with Libcrypt? I've tried this by adding the correct *.SBI file (correct name) and I already updated the emulator file. The game starts but freezes at the position where the Libcrypt is checked. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

15. ShadowCloud

ShadowCloud Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    United States
    Found out my issue was with the pcsx.cfg. So becareful if you modify yours and not to mess it up.