Hacking How will we dump DSiWare games?

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Late, but you can use dsi_srl_extract to decrypt bins from DSi. Make sure to disable moddecrypting if you want dumps that meet no-intro's standard.

Last edited by Hiccup,
Reactions: Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So confused.... RxTools only allows for dumping all applications within the EmuNand. See, I don't want to do that. I have a ( excuse me. ) shit-ton of bulky games on my EmuNand. I want to dump: Rythmic Retro bits

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Still nothing. Lmao I thought there would be possibilities here, but no.
Brain Dump doesn't dump DSiWare. ( Not sure who told me this, I'm just confirming. )
FunkyCia1-2 doesn't work on Windows OS from XP to Windows 7-Vista. ( I don't have another Windows OS older than XP... )
Apparently there just isn't any proof in it that I can find. I'll take it people don't care enough to do. Unfortunately, I can't do this silly coding thing myself. Otherwise, I'd do it myself... :glare:
We've been able to hack the 3DS and Wii U, but not the DSi? I find that hard to believe.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Still nothing. Lmao I thought there would be possibilities here, but no.
Brain Dump doesn't dump DSiWare. ( Not sure who told me this, I'm just confirming. )
FunkyCia1-2 doesn't work on Windows OS from XP to Windows 7-Vista. ( I don't have another Windows OS older than XP... )
Apparently there just isn't any proof in it that I can find. I'll take it people don't care enough to do. Unfortunately, I can't do this silly coding thing myself. Otherwise, I'd do it myself... :glare:
We've been able to hack the 3DS and Wii U, but not the DSi? I find that hard to believe.
Use decrypt9WIP to dump your TWL nand. (from emunand probably)
open the resulting file in osfmount (free windows download)
look inside the twl NAND. it should be something like twl:/title/00030004/4b595256/content/00000000.app
check the header in the .app file in HxD, it should have the game's name (in plaintext) and serial "KYRV" in the first 16 bytes.

Last edited by zoogie,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
look inside the twl NAND. it should be something like twl:/title/00030004/4b595245/content/00000000.app
check the header in the .app file in HxD, it should have the game's name (in plaintext) and serial "KYRE" in the first 16 bytes.
Sorry, bud. .app isn't an install-able file. That's not dumping. Also, I don't need to check the header if my DSiWare is legitimately purchased.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Sorry, bud. .app isn't an install-able file. That's not dumping. Also, I don't need to check the header if my DSiWare is legitimately purchased.
The .app file is your modcrypted srl. And it is one small step away from being an installable cia.

Checking your header is just to confirm your .app is what you think it is but I'm certain I have the right path unless you're EUR or something lol.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The .app file is your modcrypted srl. And it is one small step away from being an installable cia.

Checking your header is just to confirm your .app is what you think it is but I'm certain I have the right path unless you're EUR or something lol.
My 3DS is European. Ugh, I'm lazy...... UHH fine. Lol I'll open up RxTools and dump the .app s

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look inside the twl NAND. it should be something like twl:/title/00030004/4b595256/content/00000000.app
check the header in the .app file in HxD, it should have the game's name (in plaintext) and serial "KYRV" in the first 16 bytes.

Thanks!

MichaelHeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can dsiware be dumped in 2021? I would like to dump the DSi browser, since I have some friends who have DSi and the application was not included in them (and for obvious reasons they can not get it from the Nintendo DSi Shop)

WBW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can dsiware be dumped in 2021? I would like to dump the DSi browser, since I have some friends who have DSi and the application was not included in them (and for obvious reasons they can not get it from the Nintendo DSi Shop)
Necro’d!

If they and you are using HiyaCFW, then use TMFH to dump it on your DSi and then use TMFH to install it on theirs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY