Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSi has government class security so we won't be able to dump any DSiware games anytime soon but it might happen sometime in the future.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Vague Rant said:
Uh, I'm pretty sure every DSiWare to date has already been dumped.

those aren't real dumps, they are just the .bin files copied off the sd card which can only be used on the dsi they came from (like the wii)

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Where exactly does the DSi store its DSiware games? Is it just the memory or does it have some other memory storage inside?

It is very likely that they will eventually be dumped, like with the Wii VC.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The games dumped 'till now are just the encrypted BINs. They're linked to the DSi they were downloaded on, so they're prolly useless.

Recently, bushing has gave a look to a DSi and confirmed that the DSi has an architecture really similiar to the Wii one.

Then, to see some REAL DSiWare dumps we need:

1) A Homebrew Channel on the DSi or something similiar (
tongue.gif
)
2) Filesystem dumper
3) DSi "WAD" Packer

That should be enough
tongue.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
^^
Hey, man. Post Count is an unfortunate discrimination for us newbies. (Sigh...)

ANYWAY, if the DSi's architecture is similar to the Wii's like bushing said, I'm sure those pesky little homebrewers will be hard at work exploiting the DSi's soon-to-be outdated security. And once they're successful, of course Nintendo's gonna try and throw a software update at us, just so the cycle can repeat all over again.

Or, that's what I think. It's just the way Nintendo works. I can almost see the bug N's programmers right now, hastily trying to gather up a quick-fix for the Acekard 2i.
tongue.gif

MegamanDSi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whizz said:
Where exactly does the DSi store its DSiware games? Is it just the memory or does it have some other memory storage inside?

It is very likely that they will eventually be dumped, like with the Wii VC.

They are stored on to the system because
1. if they stored it on to an SD Card people can and put it on the internet and distribute it.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
people said it was impossible to make a flashcard for the DSi, look how quickly they were proved wrong
rolleyes.gif

if it can be played, it can be cracked

It still is impossible to make a flashcard for the "DSi". The flashcards now simply use a real game by fool the DSi into booting up into NDS compatibility mode which restricts it to only the hardware available on a normal DS. Theres no DSi mode flashcards yet thats able to access any of the DSi hardware and features. Also Nintendo could easily release a firmware update that can block these flashcarts as well.

D

Deleted User

Narin said:
UltraMagnus said:
people said it was impossible to make a flashcard for the DSi, look how quickly they were proved wrong
rolleyes.gif

It still is impossible to make a flashcard for the "DSi". The flashcards now simply use a real game by fool the DSi into booting up into NDS compatibility mode which restricts it to only the hardware available on a normal DS. Theres no DSi mode flashcards yet thats able to access any of the DSi hardware and features. Also Nintendo could easily release a firmware update that can block these flashcarts as well.

I think he meant, people said it was impossible to make a flashcard that works on the DSi.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
UltraMagnus said:
rolleyes.gif

In the Wii's case, firmware updates are immune to modchips. So if Team Cyclops releases their DSi flashcart, do you think they'll be smart enough to provide immunity to firmware updates from blocking it?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
Narin said:
UltraMagnus said:
rolleyes.gif

I think he meant, people said it was impossible to make a flashcard that works on the DSi.

that is exactly what I meant.

as for the current lack of cards that can boot the DSi in DSi mode, well, I would imagine people are working on that right now. but currently the is very little commercial demand for such a device, given what little use it would be.

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
gameguy95 said:
the dsi can play dsi roms right? then the code to get past the security must be on the dsi somewhere! just find it!
wacko.gif

DSi roms? Don't you mean DS roms since the DSi is just an upgraded DS Lite with bigger screens and all that. It would be unfair to those with a DS Phat/Lite to make new games only work with the DSi.

B

ball2012003

i dont think it will be easy to dump the games
Off topic: when the dsi comes out in the US and Europe someone should just test to see if the working flashcarts for the dsi work
and if they do just dont update your firmware until someone says its okay to do so

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over