LinuxRevolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,
rolleyes.gif

I want to remove softmii 2.1.1 and all traces of modification from my wii. My wii is a 3.3 system menu PAL wii and has the homebrew channel through the twilight hack. (I've always had 3.3E firmware BTW). I used the official guide for softmii 2.1.1, and it said:

8. How do I uninstall Softmii?
Run Hacks Remover application. Then, install a System Menu WAD (289 for
US, 290 for PAL). Then, uninstall HBC, remove Twilight Hack, and update
your Wii.

I ran the hacks remover app, but then I could not find the system menu wad (I need 290). Where can I get this, is it okay to ask for this on the GBAtemp forums?

If anyone experienced has another solution to completely virginize my wii (as in leave no residue or files from hacking), WITHOUT upgrading the system menu, please tell me.

MUCH APPRECIATED
tongue.gif

Also, I have cIOS 249 r7 and IOS16 whatever that means. I also have the CMIOS. Sorry I can't give you any more information, but I did this ages ago.

LinuxRevolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Anyone got any ideas? I know that I'm not supposed to ask for the WAD files, so forget that bit. Is there another option to achieve what I want?

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there anything really wrong with 4.2? I know its sole purpose was to stop homebrew, but it's as easy as 4.1 to hack it nowadays.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kkolko said:
Is there anything really wrong with 4.2? I know its sole purpose was to stop homebrew, but it's as easy as 4.1 to hack it nowadays.
4.1 is still recommended over 4.2
eventhough you can hack 4.2 just as easy

some people seem to have problems on 4.2 for some reason (not including the 003 error)

and the OP stated that he doesn't want to update at all

LinuxRevolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot everyone. You've been a great help so far. So tj_cool, my wii is on 3.3E. I have never had any other system menu version.
All other information is in the opening. Could you please tell me the files that I need to select for my PAL wii and how to maintain my
system menu as 3.3E???

The help is much appreciated.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You want a full revirginize? (even with HBC and all custom channels removed?)

If you're planning to re-hack it I'd recommend leaving at least the HBC there.

Knowing softmii, you have cIOSCORP installed I assume? (Can you play backup games from the disc channel without modchip?)

Sorry for the even more questions, but I can get a better idea on what to change in the guide if you tell me this
wink.gif

LinuxRevolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have cIOScorp installed, although I don't even use it for backup games. I really don't kno why I bothered installing softmii lol
unsure.gif

Anyway, I want to get rid of the HBC, can re-install using twilight hack later since I'm still going to have system menu 3.3E.
Just one more thing, how do I save my save files? Can I copy them back from my SD card to my wii after revirginization?

Thanks for helping me
bow.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LinuxRevolution said:
I have cIOScorp installed, although I don't even use it for backup games. I really don't kno why I bothered installing softmii lol
unsure.gif

Anyway, I want to get rid of the HBC, can re-install using twilight hack later since I'm still going to have system menu 3.3E.
Just one more thing, how do I save my save files? Can I copy them back from my SD card to my wii after revirginization?

Thanks for helping me
bow.gif
I'll PM a personal guide to ya (It may take some time though)
Your saves won't even be touched (unless you do a system format afterwards, which isn't needed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT