Hacking How to virginify a wii 4.1E.

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I got my hands on a modded wii that its 4.1E version. Personally I like it modded but I am not sure what the one that had it before done to it. I am not sure if it has a priiloader (or how its called), and what it has been done to it. I also have no nand backup (uhh well I mean what is used in case of a problem) and the most annoying part of all: It has a dark theme with thunders. Not that it does not look cool, but I prefer the vanilla UI theme.

I thought of virginifying it and then remod it with a good guide. Anyone can give a suggestion of what should I do?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I got my hands on a modded wii that its 4.1E version. Personally I like it modded but I am not sure what the one that had it before done to it. I am not sure if it has a priiloader (or how its called), and what it has been done to it. I also have no nand backup (uhh well I mean what is used in case of a problem) and the most annoying part of all: It has a dark theme with thunders. Not that it does not look cool, but I prefer the vanilla UI theme.

I thought of virginifying it and then remod it with a good guide. Anyone can give a suggestion of what should I do?
Virginifying is dangerous and doesn't really have any benefits.

My suggestion is to just remod ON TOP of your existing system using ModMii for Windows. It will both replace and update all of the official stuff that you would have in a virgin Wii without any need to change your version higher than the 4.1E you already have AND it will give you the newest of all the basic softmod stuff for you're Wii in a very simplified process.

Just go to the "wizard" in ModMii where it says "start here" and remod it as if it had never get been modified before. You'll end up in great condition.

Reactions: weltall_of_id

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the reply Maxternal. I am going to do that now then and I hope the theme will go back to normal. If not I am going to look for a way to change it through homebrew or something.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply Maxternal. I am going to do that now then and I hope the theme will go back to normal. If not I am going to look for a way to change it through homebrew or something.
IIRC one of the questions it will ask you is which theme you want to end up with and the normal original theme is an option.

If it doesn't change anything, also in ModMii from the main menu download page 3 is theme stuff and there's an option there to get the original Wii theme back.

EDIT : looks like the way to put back the original theme it shows on download page 3 is with MyMenuifyMod (also downloadable on that same page). The re-modding process will make sure PriiLoader is installed just in case so you should be fine.

Also, I think by just re-installing the original 4.1E WAD again on your system it should put the theme back but it would also get rid of PriiLoader so that would have to be re-installed afterward.

EDIT2 : Just thought I'd add that either of these 2 options I would recommend only AFTER the re-mod process because ModMii puts some safegaurds in place since doing anything with the system menu or themes always has it's risks involved.

And a last note and then I'll shut up ... NEVER try to UN-install a system menu or theme WAD file. That's a great way to screw up your Wii. Only ever install a new one over the top of the one you already have.

/repeated edit rant

Reactions: weltall_of_id

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks to you I realized I was using MyMenuify and not the Mod version. I downloaded the Mod one and in the main menu it had an option to install the vanilla theme. All I had to do was to press + and it download and installed the theme for me. Thanks a ton Maxternal. You were a great help! I hope you will have a great week!

And yes about first properly hacking it and backing up, I agree. The reason is that my first Wii is somewhere buried, all nicely bricked and dead. I learned by experience.

Reactions: Maxternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1