Homebrew How to use HBL on 11.3 (A9LH+Luma)

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never needed to update my Luma to a potentially unstable nightly version.
Everything worked just fine after the update for me.
That said I never have used CTR or that one cheat home brew that everybody says the update broke.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never needed to update my Luma to a potentially unstable nightly version.
Everything worked just fine after the update for me.
That said I never have used CTR or that one cheat home brew that everybody says the update broke.
The version itself is stable, also using the cia updater it ALWAYS makes a backup of the original file it's overwriting.
This is literally just for people who want to boot HBL..

Would you say the latest hourly build is better than the original build ?
Not really, it literally just stubs out the GSP patch allowing us to run 11.2 payloads for HBL

Reactions: xflamer234

xflamer234

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
The version itself is stable, also using the cia updater it ALWAYS makes a backup of the original file it's overwriting.
This is literally just for people who want to boot HBL..

Not really, it literally just stubs out the GSP patch allowing us to run 11.2 payloads for HBL
It's not updated every hour as the tile says for the build right cause i wouldn't want to update this every hour lol

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I tryed it but it doens't work....Eur New 3DS XL 11.3 Sysnand A9LH +Luma (updated to hour version). The 3ds stucks on a red screen on the bottom one
What does the top screen say? Does it go through the checks like normal? If so, that's just a usual issue, it hangs a lot of the time, this is just a temp workaround

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What does the top screen say? Does it go through the checks like normal? If so, that's just a usual issue, it hangs a lot of the time, this is just a temp workaround

Yes, it seems to start as always but it stucks at this screen instead....i think i need only to wait the new smea release

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have anything in the hbl folder
Then create it, and drag the newly named payload into it.
Yes, it seems to start as always but it stucks at this screen instead....i think i need only to wait the new smea release
That happens a lot with this "fix", worst part is getting to the last color and then it hangs xD

Reactions: Real.96

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
That's weird.. I just reinstalled normal 6.6 and HBL won't boot now, just shoves me back to Home Menu.. xmx
How did you stub out the new GSP patches on v6.6?

Download it then..?
I checked my version and it's just an old dev version. Thought I had regular 6.6. I have 6.6-b16d887.

EDIT: Just downgraded to 6.6 and still works for me? Odd. I have no idea what I changed to make this work... Maybe just luck?

Last edited by drewby,
Reactions: Shikkichu

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
The failure rate of loading the HBL is no one fault but the person who made the HBL, they have not bother updating it to be more stable and consistent. So expect some possible retries if you didn't get it the first time.
Damn you, yellows8...

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally, I updated to use Miiverse (to post photos of my totally, legitimately, legally-obtained games)
Sameee and pokemon bank

The failure rate of loading the HBL is no one fault but the person who made the HBL, they have not bother updating it to be more stable and consistent. So expect some possible retries if you didn't get it the first time.
It takes me roughly 3-4 retries to boot lol
Though when you're a homebrew dev, that's nothing, normal users I recommend honestly to just wait.

Damn you, yellows8...
lol

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sad