How to update games on 9.0 HEN? I imagine there are multiple ways
Does it matter what region is the game?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just install the fpkg like you do with the base game. Region may or may not matter, it depends on the game where you'd need to change the title id in the param.sfo and npbind.dat. I think that's the two files that contain the title id.

DERiVER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just install the fpkg like you do with the base game. Region may or may not matter, it depends on the game where you'd need to change the title id in the param.sfo and npbind.dat. I think that's the two files that contain the title id.

TBH - I install games in pkg format that come already pre-made. It's just faster and always works. I have games on original disks but I don't know how to convert them to pkg installers. Sorry but I searched what fpkg is and still I'm not exactly sure. Is it just the same as game installer .pkg but modified by someone so it's automagically compatible with HEN?
For example I have Persona 5 Royal, bought in Polen, the serial number is CUSA17419. How can I get installed newest update, the only update I've found that works is 1.01 whereas from my non-JB console the game autoupdates to 1.02.
I have this game on original disk and also as pkg (fpkg?) that's prepared for installation on HEN. That pkg installer is of the same version CUSA17419. Are there some not-so-difficult options available to get only update for base game or to create already patched package.

Pardon me asking for so much, for like - everything. Last question - is there a way to keep all everything needed for HEN on USB flashdrive and console disconnected from network completely?

Thank you a million in advance!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get official packages from orbispatches website. Those will work with the disc. If you use the app dumper, you can choose just to dump the patch, use gengp4, then use orbis pub gen from fake package tools along with an fpkg of the base game to build an fpkg of the patch.

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get official packages from orbispatches website. Those will work with the disc. If you use the app dumper, you can choose just to dump the patch, use gengp4, then use orbis pub gen from fake package tools along with an fpkg of the base game to build an fpkg of the patch.
Sorry, I meant to reply to the OP.

Last edited by Tomtani1,

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH - I install games in pkg format that come already pre-made. It's just faster and always works. I have games on original disks but I don't know how to convert them to pkg installers. Sorry but I searched what fpkg is and still I'm not exactly sure. Is it just the same as game installer .pkg but modified by someone so it's automagically compatible with HEN?
For example I have Persona 5 Royal, bought in Polen, the serial number is CUSA17419. How can I get installed newest update, the only update I've found that works is 1.01 whereas from my non-JB console the game autoupdates to 1.02.
I have this game on original disk and also as pkg (fpkg?) that's prepared for installation on HEN. That pkg installer is of the same version CUSA17419. Are there some not-so-difficult options available to get only update for base game or to create already patched package.

Pardon me asking for so much, for like - everything. Last question - is there a way to keep all everything needed for HEN on USB flashdrive and console disconnected from network completely?

Modded warfare has a good video that explains the problems that you are having with the base game and update pkg files.

Reactions: DERiVER

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dlpsgame has the base game, update 1.02 and dlc fpkg files. I always download everything from the same source/website so that I don't get error code CE-36434-0 and having to remarry the update file to the base game.

• Love

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
installing game updates on ps4 can be pain in the ass.

this is why I suggest using the scene releases for game dumps as most dumpers out there reference the base game of their own game update dump to scene release. Yes, even if you own the disc I still suggest using their dump since its much easier that way, but if you still insist using your own dumps, the only way to make these game update dumps (or porting it) to work on your own dump which is going to be pain in the ass, is basically go to the process of pairing that update to your own game dump, this process may take forever on bigger update files.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you temporarily disable the DNS to avoid Sony updates, then you can freely use Orbis Patches to update your games. I honestly wouldn't do that 'cause it sorta scares me.

Region may or may not matter
Games are specified to USA, EUR, JPN, or ASI so it does matter to download the correct one.

It's important to know the Title ID.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you temporarily disable the DNS to avoid Sony updates, then you can freely use Orbis Patches to update your games. I honestly wouldn't do that 'cause it sorta scares me.

Games are specified to USA, EUR, JPN, or ASI so it does matter to download the correct one.

It's important to know the Title ID.
You can change the region by hex editing npbind.dat and param.sfo. this is what I did by making a fake region and fake patch using the base game to build the patch without a gp4. Game works no problem.

Attachments

• 20220425_141135.jpg
    20220425_141135.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • 20220425_141048.jpg
    20220425_141048.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 54
  • 20220425_141246.jpg
    20220425_141246.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The source of this information for me is Dr House. Some of the stories where based on actual cases
    +1
    One episode helped me save a life one time
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    House M.D. is great.
    Sad for the pain. I hope it gets better somehow. @RedColoredStars
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Yes. Thats what Ive read. Surgery is most likely required. I sent a message to the ENT center with my concerns and asked if I should be seen much sooner and not wait, since it will be 71 days since symptoms started until my appointment.
    +1
    Guy came in his lips where turning blue, I knew he was having a heart attack and I raced him to the ER they saved him
    +2
    Without House I wouldn't have recognized the symptoms
    +1
    Blue like this?
    rk4URjod_ZYte_1024.webp
    House was fantastic show from the episodes I've seen. Maybe I should watch the entire series.
    +3
    @HiradeGirl, almost, definitely a noticeable difference than normal color
    Are your lips blue like that Hirada?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, The theme for House M.D. reminds me of when Computer Clan used this as their intro music.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I miss the old days.
    Me too. When I was young and not all fucking broken.
    +1
    @RedColoredStars Maybe I'm having a stroke. Sorry gtg, will update later.
    +1
    Getting older really sucks if you have health problems. I was a preemie and have had health issues off and on my entire life. But its gotten much worse since I hit 40. That was 12 years ago.
    Probably wont live to see 70.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, Okay, see you soon.
    I hear mouth to mouth can help with a stroke. Anyone there to breath some life into you? lol
    +1
    I could help, but there are two things. 1) I don't know if you're actually a girl 2) You're younger than my daughter. :rofl:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nah, I'm a dude, bringing me back to life would be gay.
    Not you. lolol. HiradeGirl. Or maybne that was part of the joke. lolol
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Not you. lolol. HiradeGirl. Or maybne that was part of the joke. lolol