Homebrew How to unbrick wiiu without exchanging it?

Cloudkid99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I installed both haxchi and Coldboot using a DS Game from Wiiu usb helper after that i restarted my wiiu and it got bricked. i forgot to backup NAND. is there a way that i could borrow a nand.bin file to restore it or something PLZ:cry::cry: I Shouldn't have did this.

• Haha
Reactions: Jayro
D

Deleted User

Hi I installed both haxchi and Coldboot using a DS Game from Wiiu usb helper after that i restarted my wiiu and it got bricked. i forgot to backup NAND. is there a way that i could borrow a nand.bin file to restore it or something PLZ:cry::cry: I Shouldn't have did this.
That's a rip bucko. It's dead, not coming back anytime soon. Unless your good with hard modding. Which I'm going to assume you are not.

Cloudkid99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way to save it without backups. You shouldn't have used wii u helper. It's plastered on every guide that you need a legitimate DS title to do it

*sigh* i would call Nintendo to repair it but i homebrew it and i don't want to get in trouble.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Say WHAT????? You used a DS game downloaded from WiiU USB Helper to do the Haxchi install instead of purchasing a legit one from the eShop? As @TheCyberQuake said, this very important info is plastered on every guide known to man!

Feel sorry for you, suck up it, get another WiiU console.

Last edited by xs4all,

Cloudkid99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say WHAT????? You used a DS game downloaded from WiiU USB Helper to do the Haxchi install instead of purchasing a legit one from the eShop? As @TheCyberQuake said, this very important info is plastered on every guide known to man!

Feel sorry for you, suck up it, get another WiiU console.
Would my wiiu unbrick if i had backup NAND.BIN Cause i forgot i did had a backup my mistake.

Cloudkid99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question could i just ask nintendo for another wiiu console or if i get mine repair would Nintendo need to investigate it?

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Won't do any good as the device won't boot....
even hardmod?
can't he dump it, and run the remover then write back?
not insisting really, as per the post, otp is not needed, just the full slc dump
nandCbhcRemover - Fixing CBHC bricks:
Note: Backup your nand and verify it with nandBinCheck before using this tool!

This tool restore the backed up system.xml. Can be used to fix CBHC brick.
Usage: nandCbhcRemover.exe <full slc dump>
It is recommended to verify the updated dump with nandBinCheck.exe <output dump> -all

https://gbatemp.net/threads/successfully-dumped-wiiu-emmc-nand-with-hardmod.457165/

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Won't do any good as the device won't boot....
even hardmod?
can't he dump it, and run the remover then write back?
not insisting really, as per the post, otp is not needed, just the full slc dump
nandCbhcRemover - Fixing CBHC bricks:
Note: Backup your nand and verify it with nandBinCheck before using this tool!

This tool restore the backed up system.xml. Can be used to fix CBHC brick.
Usage: nandCbhcRemover.exe <full slc dump>
It is recommended to verify the updated dump with nandBinCheck.exe <output dump> -all

https://gbatemp.net/threads/successfully-dumped-wiiu-emmc-nand-with-hardmod.457165/

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Another question could i just ask nintendo for another wiiu console or if i get mine repair would Nintendo need to investigate it?
lol how old are you 12? why would nintendo give you another wiiu?
they wont offer you another they will get it see what caused the brick and then send it to you bricked saying your modified the console and they have no obligation to fix it, this happened to many users.

srs how can to this day people still not read it clearly says on every guide ever made for CBHC

YOU NEED A LEGIT PURCHASED DS GAME.

TheJayTeaShow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a struggle to have the Wii U bricked for a mistake! I hope you find a way to recover the console!

Last edited by TheJayTeaShow,
Reactions: Pin1988

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny