How to translate/edit some windows locale/setting names ?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Do you know if there is a way to edit that ?
I would change the name of the days and make them start by a uppercase.
"Friday" is Vendredi in french, but the names start by a lowercase so "vendredi".
I would like to change that but I have no idea how would I go for this, even if this is even possible.

Sans titre.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is probably not possible in a manner you are going to care to use. Any such thing being something of a hack to the localisation pack you may have to update every so often when a change happens to one of the files it deals with. People do such things to Windows on occasion, and go even deeper, but usually on dead or finished versions of windows not getting updates any more (some of the fun people have had with Windows 98 for instance has produced some incredible results).

Do we know if the lower case thing for days of the week is a more modern French development? If legacy versions of French such as the ones spoken in Canada or parts of Africa did not get the memo as it were then you might be able to change the language to one of those and still keep it.
Whether you could create your own language pack fork as it were I don't know but might be a means of doing it. Would still face an update problem but might fail more gracefully.

Cowboy option/half measure. Set your system font to something with all caps, all the time.

Reactions: Asia81

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
rip, that's the answer I expected, thanks anyway:sleep:

Last thing, if someone notice I have seconds and a full date on the task bar and wonder how I do it, I used the Taskbar Clock Customization mods in Windhawk, you can see all the available mods here : https://windhawk.net/mods

This is all the currently active mods I use
WHmods.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rip, that's the answer I expected, thanks anyway:sleep:

Last thing, if someone notice I have seconds and a full date on the task bar and wonder how I do it, I used the Taskbar Clock Customization mods in Windhawk, you can see all the available mods here : https://windhawk.net/mods

This is all the currently active mods I use
View attachment 366230
I have tclock for full time, including seconds and day of the week. I had to use an app to modify the task bar to be like windows 10 in order to use it on 11.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill