Hacking How to transfer cfw console to new non cfw console?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out what to do. if you backed up all saves with savemii mod, it should do both profile and common saves based on my backup. take all the folders from within batch/time stamp and put them in the backups folder. then, delete the batch folder as it should be empty, aside from the time stamp folder, which will also be empty now. inside each folder inside the root of backups, create a folder 0 and drop the common and profile (i.e. 80000001) folders into it (not all games have common folders, most don't in fact, so don't worry if the game doesn't have one). that should be slot 000 in savemii mod. it's tedious, but you'll have to do that for each folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, it's not compatible with cbhc. only batch is, but if you try backing up a save normally, you'll get a red screen saying it can't open the file on the sd card. I don't know if restore works. savemii mod works with haxchi, iousx, and mocha (what I used). no errors with mocha. this is what it says in the description. saviine works with cbhc though.

Reactions: naruto020499

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out what to do. if you backed up all saves with savemii mod, it should do both profile and common saves based on my backup. take all the folders from within batch/time stamp and put them in the backups folder. then, delete the batch folder as it should be empty, aside from the time stamp folder, which will also be empty now. inside each folder inside the root of backups, create a folder 0 and drop the common and profile (i.e. 80000001) folders into it (not all games have common folders, most don't in fact, so don't worry if the game doesn't have one). that should be slot 000 in savemii mod. it's tedious, but you'll have to do that for each folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, it's not compatible with cbhc. only batch is, but if you try backing up a save normally, you'll get a red screen saying it can't open the file on the sd card. I don't know if restore works. savemii mod works with haxchi, iousx, and mocha (what I used). no errors with mocha. this is what it says in the description. saviine works with cbhc though.
Thank you that worked. I couldn't figure out how Saviine worked but after moving my backups to game id then 0 folder they showed up under SaveMii and restored without a problem once again thank you to everyone that helped.

Reactions: godreborn

astrosega

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I am reviving this to ask: what got transferred after the successful Wii U to Wii U transfer? Could you use your external HDD?

Nintendo of America page states that the external USB memory is just plug and play in your new (target) Wii U after the transfer (while it becomes useless on your old Wii U) but I have seen no information regarding what indeed does happen when one plugs the external memory post-transfer on the target Wii U. I am asking because I want to do a Wii U to Wii U transfer myself (and have some injected VC installed on the USB external memory).

watermelonenzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to Home > System Settings > others > Press 4 > System Transfer > Transfer from Ninetndo 3DS > Agree > Tap Yes > Receive > Yes and It is done .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1