Hacking How to transfer cfw console to new non cfw console?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
They both have a green check mark when searching for updates. It happens after you sync the game pads together.
If you have bought a new system (or even a secondhand system I would guess) the gamepad should already be paired out of the factory, or did you get a second base-system without the gamepad?

If you want to transfer just the data from your games (i.e. saves) _without_ modding your new console I'd use memory management on the cfw console to transfer (just!) your savegames for the Wii U games to a USB disk, and eventually boot up vWii and use data management in there to save your (eventual) Wii saves to an SD-card. You can easily use memory management on your new console once you have gotten it set up. (I would skip your haxchi-title though as that save most likely is just data for cbhc)

Edit: In fact, before doing all that I think it would be a wise idea to un-cfw your console using the cbhc installer (if cbhc installed, the installer will uninstall), reboot your console once to verify it didn't brick and remove the cbhc/haxchi-title+data so that you cannot mess your new one up with cfw data.

Last edited by Quincy,

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have bought a new system (or even a secondhand system I would guess) the gamepad should already be paired out of the factory, or did you get a second base-system without the gamepad?
No when you system transfer you put your Wii U gamepads facing each other and it ask if they have the same code on both screens they do. So I push yes and it give me that error. Could it be I still have the mii channel hacked to be able to install homebrew launcher on vWii?

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
No when you system transfer you put your Wii U gamepads facing each other and it ask if they have the same code on both screens they do. So I push yes and it give me that error. Could it be I still have the mii channel hacked to be able to install homebrew launcher on vWii?
You have removed cbhc/haxchi? The 'hacked Mii-channel' shouldn't be permanent, once it closes the app it should revert back to normal Mii-channel

Last edited by Quincy,

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have removed cbhc/haxchi? The 'hacked Mii-channel' shouldn't be permanent, once it closes the app it should revert back to normal Mii-channel
Yes I removed cbhc but haxchi is still on it I believe. I got "DO NOT TOUCH THIS" on my Wii U menu and I believe there is something you have to do to patch you vWii by patching your Mii channel to something that allows you to install homebrew channel. I went on there and uninstalled homebrew channel on vWii but same error when transferring.

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I removed cbhc but haxchi is still on it I believe. I got "DO NOT TOUCH THIS" on my Wii U menu and I believe there is something you have to do to patch you vWii by patching your Mii channel to something that allows you to install homebrew channel. I went on there and uninstalled homebrew channel on vWii but same error when transferring.
If you have removed cbhc, then that 'Dont touch´ channel is leftover data and can (and should) be removed. Unless you manually installed haxchi back after uninstalling cbhc, Haxchi is not installed anymore (cbhc = ColdBoot HaxChi).

It could very well be that that is what is causing the error.

Last edited by Quincy,
Reactions: naruto020499

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have removed cbhc, then that 'Dont touch´ channel is leftover data and can (and should) be removed. Unless you manually installed haxchi back after uninstalling cbhc, Haxchi is not installed anymore (cbhc = ColdBoot HaxChi).

It could very well be that that is what is causing the error.
The "DO NOT TOUCH ME" is my brain age that I bought had to patch it over. Is it safe to remove?

Last edited by naruto020499,

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
The "DO NOT TOUCH ME" is my brain age that I bought had to patch it over. Is it safe to remove?
It is safe to remove if you succesfully uninstalled cbhc. Does your system show the CBHC autobooting menu on boot-up?
It should not do that anymore if cbhc uninstalled, in this case it should be safe to remove the haxchi-channel.

It's not safe to remove if it still shows cbhc autobooting when you start the system.

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is safe to remove if you succesfully uninstalled cbhc. Does your system show the CBHC autobooting menu on boot-up?
It should not do that anymore if cbhc uninstalled, in this case it should be safe to remove the haxchi-channel.

It's not safe to remove if it still shows cbhc autobooting when you start the system.
Yes when I start my Wii U it shows Wii U instead of autobooting. Should I delete both save data and DONT TOUCH ME or just the DONT TOUCH ME and should homebrew channel be removed?

Last edited by naruto020499,

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I deleted DONT TOUCH ME and homebrew channel and everything worked. Thank you everyone for helping me. One more question how to re-hack Wii U and vWii?

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I deleted DONT TOUCH ME and homebrew channel and everything worked. Thank you everyone for helping me. One more question how to re-hack Wii U and vWii?

the vwii has wup hax now, which I've never done. that may be the easiest way now to hack it. as for the wii u, the ticket for haxchi should be on the new system, so redownload the game you used to hack the system, install haxchi (make sure it works), then reinstall cbhc. that's all there is to it.

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the vwii has wup hax now, which I've never done. that may be the easiest way now to hack it. as for the wii u, the ticket for haxchi should be on the new system, so redownload the game you used to hack the system, install haxchi (make sure it works), then reinstall cbhc. that's all there is to it.
Thank you and sorry to come to you with another problem but when trying to restore my SaveMii backups it doesn't recognize that I have any backed up saves? The back ups are on sd card in wiiu\backups\batch\Yesterdays Date\.

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scroll down all the way and see if you see it. I remember mine were at the bottom of the list.
When I go to the game in SaveMii and select Restore savedata 000-255 don't have any of my saves. Which menu do I go to the bottom of because I'm going Wii U Save Management->My Game->Restore savedata.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's where it should be. you can inject them manually with saviine if you have to, but it might require some work. saves on the wii u are not encrypted, so all it's doing is copying and pasting. saves should work with either. I don't know what's going on with your setup.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, the batch dump is broken. I just figured that out. my dkc tropical freeze save is missing entirely. it also doesn't put them in the right format, so just use saviine instead.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured something out. savemii mod doesn't work with cbhc correctly. I was getting a red screen about "failed to open" with backing up saves. mocha it worked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I backed up all of my saves for the wii u and vwii individually. batch does not place them in the correct folders, which are named after the slot. also save mii mod couldn't detect my wooly world save. I think it might be best to use saviine instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ICjgg5eEFSw?si=qyxHdElodJEeR3aS