Hacking How to transfer cfw console to new non cfw console?

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a cfw Wii U but I plan on getting another one so I can sell it. I want to know how to transfer cfw Wii U data to non cfw Wii U then uninstall cfw from the cfw Wii U.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to uninstall cfw, it kinda depends on how you've exploited the system. if you have cbhc, you need to uninstall it first with the installer. make sure it's uninstalled. then, you can format the system. I don't know about indexiine, because I saw that it installs an index.html just like self-hosting, so you'd have to uninstall that I think.

Reactions: naruto020499

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to uninstall cfw, it kinda depends on how you've exploited the system. if you have cbhc, you need to uninstall it first with the installer. make sure it's uninstalled. then, you can format the system. I don't know about indexiine, because I saw that it installs an index.html just like self-hosting, so you'd have to uninstall that I think.

This is the video I used to hack my Wii U.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I skimmed the video. it installs cbhc. uninstall by opening the cbhc installer again. make sure that cbhc is no longer installed by restarting the system. make sure it doesn't say autobooting or make sure no menu appears. after that, you can format the system.

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I skimmed the video. it installs cbhc. uninstall by opening the cbhc installer again. make sure that cbhc is no longer installed by restarting the system. make sure it doesn't say autobooting or make sure no menu appears. after that, you can format the system.
Should I system transfer before or after uninstalling cbhc and will I have to reformat ext. HDD to the new Wii U, if so how do I back up saves?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think fake ticket games will transfer. the haxchi game should, but I'd install cbhc first just in case it causes a problem. saves will probably transfer as well, but you can back them up with save mii mod (I recommend this).

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think fake ticket games will transfer. the haxchi game should, but I'd install cbhc first just in case it causes a problem. saves will probably transfer as well, but you can back them up with save mii mod (I recommend this).
So
1. Backup saves with SaveMii
2. Hack new Wii U
3. System transfer
4. Uninstall cbhc from old Wii U
Do I have to un-link my account from old Wii U to be able to log into the new one to be able to download brain age again, if so how?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd uninstall cbhc before doing a system transfer. I don't know how much will transfer as I've never done a system transfer with the wii u, but haxchi should transfer over since it's using a legit ticket.

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd uninstall cbhc before doing a system transfer. I don't know how much will transfer as I've never done a system transfer with the wii u, but haxchi should transfer over since it's using a legit ticket.
Do Wii/GameCube injected games save as Wii U saves because it says I have 0 vWii saves? Also how do you restore the backups?

Last edited by naruto020499,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it should be able to find them. I'm using savemii mod. I don't know if that's different or how it's different from normal savemii. cube saves won't be added. saves for cube go in a folder named saves on the sd card/possibly usb if on there. I'm not sure about if you injected the save. they might be on the system somewhere. mine are in saves on the sd card with my games on the sd card in a folder named games. all saves work from a single big memory card file, so they're not on the system. it should be able to find virtual wii saves though. not sure what could be the problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's possible you're using emunand for virtual wii saves. those saves aren't on the system.

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it should be able to find them. I'm using savemii mod. I don't know if that's different or how it's different from normal savemii. cube saves won't be added. saves for cube go in a folder named saves on the sd card/possibly usb if on there. I'm not sure about if you injected the save. they might be on the system somewhere. mine are in saves on the sd card with my games on the sd card in a folder named games. all saves work from a single big memory card file, so they're not on the system. it should be able to find virtual wii saves though. not sure what could be the problem.

it's possible you're using emunand for virtual wii saves. those saves aren't on the system.
I use TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector [3.0.1]. All my Wii/GC games are installed on to USB ext. HDD formatted for Wii U. So all games can be played off ext. HDD.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector [3.0.1]. All my Wii/GC games are installed on to USB ext. HDD formatted for Wii U. So all games can be played off ext. HDD.

I don't know for sure, but I think vc wii games use the virtual wii's saves. I often play dkc returns and nsmb wii. I use emunand with the virtual wii, but I only delete one save, then play from the beginning. the first two save slots are identical in both saves. only the third save slot is different. that's how you can tell the difference.

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know for sure, but I think vc wii games use the virtual wii's saves. I often play dkc returns and nsmb wii. I use emunand with the virtual wii, but I only delete one save, then play from the beginning. the first two save slots are identical in both saves. only the third save slot is different. that's how you can tell the difference.
So how do you restore backed up saves and thank you very much for helping me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use save manager gx. That's how I transferred my saves from the wii to the wiiu.

That's a wii app.

naruto020499

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use save manager gx. That's how I transferred my saves from the wii to the wiiu.

That's a wii app.
Ok I got my new Wii U trying to do system transfer getting a error code:162-3006 please help.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got my new Wii U trying to do system transfer getting a error code:162-3006 please help.

I have a possible fix. are you blocking Nintendo's update servers? if so, that could be the problem. I think you have to connect to them in order to perform a system update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Step one: Put it in the microwave. Step two: get it to bite you. Step three: gain spiderman powers!