Hacking How to tell which version of the 3in1 you have.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wish they would come out with a v4 where you got 32MB for PSRAM, and add cht support to the sourcecode.

I also found out that depending where you are in the world and where you bought it from, the less popular the site you bought it from the more likely you can end up with and older version.

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having this problem besides me?> Few others have sent me PM's having the same problem.

Using the new 3 in 1 plus, and GBA exploder 5.8B when you load up a rom in NOR mode and after it loads you hit X to run it. The game never gets pasted the Game boy white screen and the normal nintendo logo at the bottom is not there. In order for your game to run you have to either reset or shut off your DS and come back to quick load from your slot 1 card (passme) or you can go back into gba exploder and go back into nor mode and hit run and the game will run perfect everytime until you erase it from NOR. When you load up a different ROM in NOR the whole process starts again, so you can never load your game up the first time, you always have to reset or shut down in order for it to play your rom.

I think it's a bug in GBA Exploder cause I have had 2 people tell me theres do the same thing.

So if someone can test there 3 in 1 plus and let me know the outcome I would greatly appreciate it.... this is my 2nd cart, my first one was defective, came with a dead battery and I bought a battery with tabs on them and it ended up going through 3 batteries and found there was a short on the board so I am in the process of a warrenty. Got sent a new 3 in 1plus with the new ram and now I am in the boat I thought I was out of
frown.gif

Would greatly appreciate the feedback and who do I send a message to about sending bug reports for GBA exploder.... I hope to god this gets fixed soon cause I hate having to reset my game in order to play it in NOR.

PSRAM works perfectly everytime no problems at all.

how_do_i_do_that

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is ALWAYS the new things that give people issues, currently the main issues are:

NOR
RAM (for browsers)
Rumble

The only thing that didn't change is PSRAM.

People that work on this or already know about the 3in1+ issues, knew this long before you even got PMs of issues.

As for being hysterical over the issues and posting in almost every 3in1 post the same message of the issues, doesn't get it resolved any faster. Unless you can write Japanese AND write code, people like Roudolph are not going to push something more compatible sooner.

YOU AS A USER, have no control over when the programmers release a fully compatible version, that includes the teams on flashcart firmwares that do integrated 3rd party hardware. YOU WILL GET FULL SUPPORT WHEN THEY HAMMER OUT ALL THE ACCESS ISSUES.

All you can do right now is wait for a better compatiblity release. Operative WORD here is WAIT.

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey how to you are the one who helped me out the most so far and for that I thank you much.

The reason for my postings was to make sure my cart I have was not faulty, thats all, I can easily wait I have no problem Of waiting, but now that I know 100% that it's not my cart and it';s the software I feel much better.

I had one recently and the cart was short somewhere it went through 3 of my batteries!!!

So I had to get a new one, this is why I was so fustrated and wanted to know ASAP if my cart was defective or not and now I know it's not!

how_do_i_do_that

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
either way, you got a defective something, be it DS or cart, or charger or whatever.

That isn't to stop you from posting, its to stop people from posting the same thing over and over in the sub forums that any of the 3 doesn't work right with there brand spanking new 3in1+. For some people it normally has to be spelled out for them somewhere.

xtinct84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
YOU AS A USER, have no control over when the programmers release a fully compatible version, that includes the teams on flashcart firmwares that do integrated 3rd party hardware. YOU WILL GET FULL SUPPORT WHEN THEY HAMMER OUT ALL THE ACCESS ISSUES.

All you can do right now is wait for a better compatiblity release. Operative WORD here is WAIT.

Yep, very true. Personally I am optimistic that as more and more individuals receive the 3in1 plus, there will be more of a push to hammer out all of the NOR, stand alone browser RAM and rumble issues.

I am not much of a GBA gamer, so I, like other 3in1 plus owners whom are not will indeed have to patiently wait.

xjeffyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the info in this thread.

My question is Real Hot Stuff identified the EZ Flash i bought as the Plus version. I just took it apart like you said in the first post and i have the 2nd one you refer to as the new3in1. with a date of 01/2008. is the plus supposed to be better? and should i contact realhotstuff and tell them i got the wrong one?!?

how_do_i_do_that

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you won't have any issues using software and you won't currently have any issues running opera or the rumble since you got the second one. Don't bother they will probably tell you the same thing I am saying. Your already fully supported.

It is those with the 3in1+ (I will be referencing the 3in1+ as v3 and the second one as v2) that have the issues right now. The 3in1+ has more NOR space. RHS just hasn't run through their supply of the v2.

xjeffyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
you won't have any issues using software and you won't currently have any issues running opera or the rumble since you got the second one. Don't bother they will probably tell you the same thing I am saying. Your already fully supported.

It is those with the 3in1+ (I will be referencing the 3in1+ as v3 and the second one as v2) that have the issues right now. The 3in1+ has more NOR space. RHS just hasn't run through their supply of the v2.

I contacted RHS via a trouble ticket. they said they thought they ran through the supply of older ones. They offered to send out a White 3 in 1 +. and a return envelope (i wanted a black one). i thought it over and decided to stick with the one i got. I also have one on order from deal extreme for my son's ds i may get a plus from them if they ever ship it. I ordered it on the 7th and its still waiting for the supplier lol. im in no hurry for it ill wait.

thanks for the info how_do_i_do_that.

how_do_i_do_that

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
3in1+ is the same thing you put down except for the dashes and the whole spelling of PLUS. you can go ask someone else if your not confused enough.

Besides EZ-Flash labels it as 3in1 Expansion pack, the + ending is there to tell what version of the cart it is without wasting the an extra 6 keystrokes like you have.

you can see how they spell it here:
http://www.ezflash.cn/products.htm

Atrius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldensunhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
That's weird... Are the GBA sized ones different, because mine doesn't match any of those. The lettering at the bottom left on the back is "EZ5C5", and the board fills the whole cart except that there's a circular hole for the rumble.

Atrius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldensunhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
EZFlash3in1_back.jpg

Even after dragging an extra lamp into the room, the lighting was too low for my camera to focus properly... >_<
Also the cables to the rumble device are particularly short, and I didn't want to risk trying separating it from the back of the cart.

GBA ExpLoader identifies it as a regular old "3in1".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y