Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is pretty damn cool! How difficult would it be to apply this to something like Rxtools or gateway? Is it as simple as patching the addresses? Sorry, I'm a noob lol

Reactions: Margen67

motezazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is pretty damn cool! How difficult would it be to apply this to something like Rxtools or gateway? Is it as simple as patching the addresses? Sorry, I'm a noob lol

If someone answer to my question just above, I could make a CIA homebrew that would patch NIM and allow us to access eShop in emuNAND.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the time it worked, i got a different error message than usual (a grey one, smaller than the others)
i clicked ok, and i thought it would send me back to home menu, but it just tried to connect to eshop again, this time it worked :)

Sounds like the "What happened to your NNID?" error message.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Stupid double post :/. In my defense, I only just woke up so I wasn't thinking fully yet.

If someone answer to my question just above, I could make a CIA homebrew that would patch NIM and allow us to access eShop in emuNAND.
Why do you want eShop access in emuNAND?

It woukd be easier to make an NTR plugin.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're screwed. :P

You need arm11 kernel access to patch NIM, so you'd have to port bootstrap/brahma to work outside of Ninjhax.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I"m pretty sure I'm not. CIAs don't just have full system permissions to patch processes)

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I guess that might work. Still, all of the existing homebrew code for patching stuff seems to rely on Ninjhax in some way.

It just occurred to me that if you really want to use Amiibos, you could probably install the Amiibo update CIAs to sysNAND (essentially doing a partial update to 9.3). Someone else should probably confirm that before someone tries it though, and it's kind of a separate topic.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
im guessing GW will probably just use this method for eshop access "soon" and update the old3ds to allow normal 9.6 support......they might as well look busy while they work on the new encryption and shut all the people up who want system transfer's or to download patches etc

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Question, so, is there any way we can leverage Cubic Ninja's KARL and OSKA exploits to work on CFW or Original NAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4