Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it should say which version it wants to install. To be absolutely certain, you could do it with wifi disabled I guess. I've noticed that downgrading seems to cause the nag. My 4.5 that's always been on 4.5 never gets the nag, just setting both Spotpass settings to "no" worked. My Zelda one got it immediately after downgrading. Even with me going out of range to change Spotpass settings, then updating to 4.5 using SMT IV. Turn on wifi, there it is. You can system format to kill it (what I ultimately did to eliminate whatever was causing it to go looking for the update), or try that thing where you power on with L+R+Up+A and cancel the update. If it's on SysNAND. If it's on EmuNAND, the very act of going to 9.4 might get rid of it.

Thank you so much!

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so could I use NTR and get my Club Nintendo reward on my NNID account then remove the NTR and use Cubic Ninja to boot Gateway mode again on my N3DS?

Yes, though how you get it onto your EmuNAND (assuming you have one and that you'd want to) is its own issue.

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to downgrade the emunand back to 9.2 from 9.5 (without losing data) so I can move it to my sysnand? Kind of like what gateway released with going from 9 to 4.5

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used it to upgrade, but didn't think it would downgrade.

I actually had a heck of a time trying to just upgrade as it would always say the cia files were invalid.
you would have to uninstall everything that needs to be downgraded before trying to install them.
be careful don't delete anything you don't have a CIA for, probably should just figure out exactly which files are different between 9.5 and 9.2 delete and reinstall only exactly those rather than everything just to be safe.

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would have to uninstall everything that needs to be downgraded before trying to install them.
be careful don't delete anything you don't have a CIA for, probably should just figure out exactly which files are different between 9.5 and 9.2 delete and reinstall only exactly those rather than everything just to be safe.

So would I still use 3DNUS or just delete the newer cias that would be installed as part of the update?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would I still use 3DNUS or just delete the newer cias that would be installed as part of the update?
use 3dnus to download both 9.2 and 9.5 compare them to find which files actually updated, a lot of the files are probably exactly the same version and all.
then delete 9.5, and all the ones in 9.2 that were exactly the same file in 9.5 since those don't need to be downgraded.
put them on your sd card and load FBI if you try installing them now they will get error already installed so you need to go into uninstall mode and uninstall whichever titles you need to install, after everything is uninstalled go back and install all the cia's you should get no errors and when you exit FBI your emunand should be 9.2.

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I'm still a bit confused.

I have a 9.2J sysnand and 9.5J emunand.

Right now I have a backup of my original 8.1J NAND with no NNID, and my N3DS is currently away being hardmodded. I also have a backup of my 9.2J NAND (also with no NNID), but I don't remember if it was made before or after I unlinked it from my 9.5J emunand. What is the best method of getting eShop content over to my emunand? As I understand it, I might be screwed if I made my 9.2J backup after I unlinked? Unless there's a way to get the ticket from the 9.5 emunand flashed to sysnand?

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use 3dnus to download both 9.2 and 9.5 compare them to find which files actually updated, a lot of the files are probably exactly the same version and all.
then delete 9.5, and all the ones in 9.2 that were exactly the same file in 9.5 since those don't need to be downgraded.
put them on your sd card and load FBI if you try installing them now they will get error already installed so you need to go into uninstall mode and uninstall whichever titles you need to install, after everything is uninstalled go back and install all the cia's you should get no errors and when you exit FBI your emunand should be 9.2.

Appreciate the help

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So not sure if i'm doing something wrong but I just get Loadcode Loading...
Old 3DS XL
Sysnand 9.2
Browser 1.7567
Edit: I just connected (did not know I had to tap the eShop icon myself) lmao this is great hope Gateway can incorporate this soon.

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So. My transfer from 9.2 O3DS XL to my 9.2 N3DS worked flawlessly.

Ambassador stuff. DSi stuff... it all works.

I cannot thank you all enough. Especially motezazer and yifan_lu.

I can now sell my XL and stop worrying about nintendo updating.

Going to sit and grab a few games just now however via eshop :)

Did you have to do anything special for the full transfer to complete? I'm going to be attempting this over the weekend or as soon as Nintendo moves my NNID back to my old console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT