Hacking HOW TO SET UP AN R4, R4I, or R4I 3DS

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@s4mid4re Yeah, it would be easier to just post something on how to set the r4i up so people wouldn't have to ask me but the reason for that is because I want people to ask me about the problems they are having with their r4i or r4
1) people look at your guide and does whatever he/she can out of the guide.
2) if the person still has problems, he/she can just reply to the thread or PM somebody for help.

I don't see much of a difference, and it certainly makes it easier for the people who needs help. If the person can point out what's going wrong and when the problem is occurring (in contrast to the guide), it'd be way easier to trouble-shoot. Besides, it's not like you (or anybody) will absolutely be here when somebody is needing help. Also, the name of the thread is very implicative that it's a guide.

Since "setting up" any flashcart is basically the same (dl the firmware and extract it to the root), it'd be redundant to show steps for every single r4 cart. Here's my suggestion: maybe you can supply an image/name of the cart + links for many r4/r4i clones (an image/name for identification; link for dl'ing the kernel or anything else that might be useful), and explain that you need to extract the kernel files to the root of the micro sd cart. Since many r4 clones have YSmenu support, maybe linking to RGF's thread for the r4 clones that supports ysmenu would be a nice idea, too. Basically, it's going to become a user-driven database of multiple r4 clones. To make things easier/faster and create a vaster database, you can make a wiki page for it (here's how to create a wiki page); on a wiki page, anybody can modify the contents, so many people can contribute into adding information for a certain clone.

BTW, you just have to type @[user name] to notify somebody.

emdeadboy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cannot get the menu to boot, there could be some problems:

(1 You may have the wrong firmware. Look at yer box that the r4i came in and see wat website is listed on there and go to it and try all the firmware and see if any of them work. I know some of the websites are screwd up but just try.

(2 Is the SD card inserted correctly? Is the r4i inserted correctly? It's good to check

(3 When you download the files, sometimes they corrupt. If the firmware that you tried doesn't work, instead of putting it in the trash, format the sd card. You can do this by right clicking on the drive popup on your computer that should say removable disk F or something like that. Just right click on the drive and select format. Then any corrupted files won't be on there anymore.

The game can't boot:

(1 The games you dowload sometimes don't work. Try downloading them from a different website.

(2 SD isn't inserted correctly

(3 File isn't in a supported .nds format

Hope this guide helps.

~emdeadboy1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1