Need help identifying my R4

Msama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! Someone gave me his old "R4i SDHC" but i can't seem to get it working. And the sticker on the front of the flashcart is blank

Here are some pictures and screenshots that could help identify it:

(It shows up on a CFW 3DS but not on a OFW 3DS)

When i boot up the flashcart, i get a white screen, no matter if i have a micro sd card inserted and what's on the micro sd card.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ! Someone gave me his old "R4i SDHC" but i can't seem to get it working. And the sticker on the front of the flashcart is blank

Here are some pictures and screenshots that could help identify it:

(It shows up on a CFW 3DS but not on a OFW 3DS)

When i boot up the flashcart, i get a white screen, no matter if i have a micro sd card inserted and what's on the micro sd card.

Doing some extensive research, it looks like an R4i SDHC RTS Lite (r4isdhc.com), or another DS Happy Box cart clone.
Try cleaning the cartridge contacts with 99.9% isopropyl alcohol and see if the cartridge reads. You could also try reflowing the components to get a solid connection.

Msama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@SylverReZ Thanks for identifying the cartridge, it helps a lot about what kernel to download. Actually the cartridge reads as a blank game as seen on the 4th and 5th picture but leads to a white screen on DS Tank and 3DS, and on DS Lite the bottom screen is black (top is dead so idk). I already cleaned the contacts and they look perfect.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@SylverReZ Thanks for identifying the cartridge, it helps a lot about what kernel to download. Actually the cartridge reads as a blank game as seen on the 4th and 5th picture but leads to a white screen on DS Tank and 3DS, and on DS Lite the bottom screen is black (top is dead so idk). I already cleaned the contacts and they look perfect.
Is your 3DS modded? If so, you could possibly boot the flashcart in TWiLight Menu++. In order for the flashcart to be recognised, an SD card MUST be inserted.

Msama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is your 3DS modded? If so, you could possibly boot the flashcart in TWiLight Menu++. In order for the flashcart to be recognised, an SD card MUST be inserted.
Same white screens as when booting from 3DS Menu :/
Maybe is it bricked ?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same white screens as when booting from 3DS Menu :/
Maybe is it bricked ?
Could just be some faulty solder joints like I said. Try reflowing the components and see if it works.

Reactions: Msama

Msama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could just be some faulty solder joints like I said. Try reflowing the components and see if it works.
Just finished doing this. Now they all look clean, I also done some measuring and everything is soldered correctly. I still have the same result. I managed to "dump" the cartridge (as "Star Wars LA") via Godmode 9 so it's definitely readable. I'm really thinking that it's bricked.
I thought about using ntrboot_flasher to maybe reflash the firmware but it's says the flashcart is not supported.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1