Hacking How to remove sd2vita from card slot.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have instructions on this? Pardon me if i sound dumb but I never had a actual Vita game card before so i wanna know if i could before i tried.:unsure:

Also sorry for title rename to "How can I remove the sd2vita card from vita/pstv"

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
I've left some tape around mine until I've finished messing with it and want it permanently in there..

68ff6e2fae993a7526ad4ac945a7e8c0.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: satan89

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean you've pirated everything beforehand or that you were strictly psn only? Just wondering.
It means that I haven't bought a Playstation vita game card, that is all it means. So you know, yes, I have been buying my vita games on psn, since getting playstation plus offers me free games and better discounts than retail. :mellow:

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried tweezers but it didn't work out.
What did is using a screw driver to rock the card back and forth. This will eventually loosen up the connection at the bottom and it will eventually get to the point where you can grab it and pull it the rest of the way out.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To be clear, it is recommended to not remove the SD2Vita if possible. You don't need to remove the SD2Vita itself to remove the microSD.

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: Zidapi

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can someone inform me why the vita has no springs for the game card slot? The memory card has them, and even the 3G sim card has a small fitting tab to insert and remove it from. :wtf:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The Vita game card slot does have springs, they simply don't work with the way the SD2Vita is manufactured. You have to just pull it out with your fingers, or tweezers if you need them. But as mentioned, you shouldn't be removing the entire SD2Vita card constantly, as this will cause wear on the SD2Vita and the gamecard slot that may cause issues down the line. Just pop the SD card out if you want to transfer things, or buy 2 if you want to put use it on multiple consoles.

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a new version of the sd2vita card that comes with a plastic shell. I believe it's the plastic shell that pushes against the springs like normal carts, not the electronics.

Reactions: Zidapi

Carlanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried tweezers but it didn't work out.
What did is using a screw driver to rock the card back and forth. This will eventually loosen up the connection at the bottom and it will eventually get to the point where you can grab it and pull it the rest of the way out.
I use flat tweezers to grab them by either side
To be clear, it is recommended to not remove the SD2Vita if possible. You don't need to remove the SD2Vita itself to remove the microSD.
Why would it be recommended to not remove it? lol Some of us have physical games we like to play. But yes you can remove the microSD card easily by itself.
So can someone inform me why the vita has no springs for the game card slot? The memory card has them, and even the 3G sim card has a small fitting tab to insert and remove it from. :wtf:
It does, but uses the case for the games for it and the adapter doesn't touch the mechanism
There is a new version of the sd2vita card that comes with a plastic shell. I believe it's the plastic shell that pushes against the springs like normal carts, not the electronics.
I bought the one w the happy face a few weeks ago from aliex (2 of them actually), still waiting for it to arrive, but IMO its just a modified PCB board and not an actual plastic shell, but will know more how it fits and works once I have it in my hands, there are some plastic shells as well for sale but that entails sending one to be produced in a 3d printer and all of them so far AFAIK do no work w the spring mechanism.

Last edited by Carlanga,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why would it be recommended to not remove it? lol Some of us have physical games we like to play. But yes you can remove the microSD card easily by itself.
Because it is a bare PCB not designed for continuous removal. The SD2Vita is quite hard to set into the right place as it is without risking damaging the pins by forcibly removing it.

Just back up your carts to the MicroSD.

Carlanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it is a bare PCB not designed for continuous removal. The SD2Vita is quite hard to set into the right place as it is without risking damaging the pins by forcibly removing it.

Just back up your carts to the MicroSD.
I doubt it, the normal spring mechanism just pulls/springs it up, the pins do not grab the board AFAIK, its like removing an sd card from a regular slot IMO. I set mine easily, maybe if you have a way too thick or too thin board you can have more issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz