Hardware How to put "AGS-001" screen in "AGB-001"?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
OK, so i plan on buying some cheap GBA SP (front-light model, AGS-001), so i can put it's screen inside of my
Original GBA (AGS-001 model, 40 pin board).

Before you tell me to put AGS-101 backlit screen, please stop, because i already have that GBA SP and
i'm not salvaging it for the screen, i perfectly happy with it as it is.

The reason why i'm not using ANOTHER 101 screen is price mostly and availability.
001 screens are in abundance where i live and i can get them for cheap, and my end goal is
to have ANY light on original GBA, any light is good to me and i'm perfectly happy
with front light display that GBA SP 001 has.

Ok so now that that's out of the way...the reason why i'm making this thread is because:
1st, i want to hear your opinions and experiences if you have done this mod and what are pros and cons of it,
and how can i do it.
2nd, so i looked into this stuff and i have some concerns and questions and i am not sure how updated i am with all this.

So first thing i'm concern about is... i heard that AGB-001 doesn't provide enough power to AGS-001 hence the screen looks darker than on SP originally.
If that's so, how can i correct this or is it something i got to live with.

Second is does 001's screen flicker when it's transferred to AGS.

If its all true, does that has to do with adapter ribbon cable that i saw are selling so connect Sp screen to original gba,
and also what are recommended adapter cables for this mod.

And final question...do i really NEED that adapter cable, cant i make my own adapter and if so how so?

EDIT:
Info... My GBA AGB-001,

I found adapters on this website. but im not sure which one to order:
WW6pQPU.png

LINK TO A WEBSITE THAT SELLS THOSE ADAPTERS FOR GBA

Thanks! :)

Last edited by MetoMeto,

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of, this link will tell you what kind of motherboard your gba has.

After you receive the cable you need to trim the shell just like the 101 mods because the screen is the same size.

Anywho here is an old topic found on here that also shows a 001 screen in an agb.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
First of, this link will tell you what kind of motherboard your gba has.

After you receive the cable you need to trim the shell just like the 101 mods because the screen is the same size.

Anywho here is an old topic found on here that also shows a 001 screen in an agb.

I already wrote what my AGB motherboard is. The serial starts with 0, it's 40 pin motherboard.
I also don't know what type of adapter to use.

Also i know about the trimming, but that's not what my concerns about this mod are, but thanks for replying.

Anyway, where is that topic you refer to?

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative