How To Play 1MB Save Games On Your R4i SDHC

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Panmkal, Sep 12, 2009.

Sep 12, 2009
  1. Panmkal
    OP

Newcomer Panmkal Newbie

United States
    Ok guys I am new here so I decided to show you how to play games such as Pokemon Platinum,Heart Gold,Soul Silver and create a .sav file with 1mb.As you already know these games require 1mb .sav to run properly otherwise your game might freeze and lose your progress.YSMenu isn't the only way.Follow the steps listed below and you will succeed:

-First of all you must download this file.It is a converter that converts your .sav file from 512kb to 1mb:

http://rapidshare.com/files/279112385/Save_Converter.rar

-If you already have a save file and you don't want to start over your game, create a backup of your save file.Drag and drop your .sav file in the converter.Copy and paste the 1mb .sav file in your r4i sdhc.Now in your r4i sdhc memory there are 2 .sav files (the 1mb one and the 512kb one).Delete the 512kb one and you are done!!

-If you don't have a save file then you must create one.After that you convert your .sav file,delete the 512kb .sav file and play the game.

I hope I helped you guys.I tried to install YSMenu but since it isn't possible I came up with this.

Note:Don't post messages asking questions like "will it work?".Just try it.

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Why is this necessary? I've never had any issues using the saves created by my R4i SDHC in any Pokemon games.

3. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
  4. Panmkal
    OP

Newcomer Panmkal Newbie

United States

5. injected11

United States
    My personal experience of not needing this to play and save is wrong? How convincing.

6. Panmkal
    OP

Newcomer Panmkal Newbie

United States
    How do you explain the fact that when you played Pokemon Platinum you couldn't download events,trade or battle?Stop wasting my time kiddo and next time listen to what the other people have to say.

7. mkkid28

Newcomer mkkid28 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I just use the save.lib file fix. Seems to work fine. Filesave is 1mb, but I think all filesaves are 1mb after yo have swap save.lib files

8. injected11

United States
    I've done all 3, and have never made any alternation to the .sav created by my R4i-SDHC. I've been using that save for 7 months. I went and activated the Darkrai event just to prove you wrong.

Calling people "kiddo" just makes you sound like some geriatric prick.

9. Dragonmasta666

Newcomer Dragonmasta666 Member

United States
    i second this, especially since its only your third post. Not the greatest way to get your name out there. Most (assume all) of us are not children and most (read: all) of us don't appreciate condescending diction. Thanks for trying to help with this file, no one is blaming you for reupping, its all good. Just try not to talk down to people who very well may be older than you yourself.

10. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Ysmenu doesn't even do this on it's own. You need a infolib.dat file to specify it.

11. denieru7

Member denieru7 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Not infolib.dat, you mean savlib.dat. =p. Also, there is no confirmation in my knowledge that hg/ss needs a 1MB save. Platinum, however, does. D/P have 512MB saves.