how to pack split NSPs in to one XCI with NSCB

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by ulao, Aug 19, 2019.

1. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    Some of the games I have installed are larger the 4gig and when I dump them I get multiple files. Is there a way I can pack these back to a single XCI for my backups?

2. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    @JRoad might have an idea

3. JRoad

JRoad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Use the joiner first to join it into one nsp. (Mode 7), bascally put your 00,01,.. parts in a folder and drag the folder.
    That joiner allows ns0,xc0 and 00 files and then adds the ns*,xc*,0* files to process that have the same name. So basically:
    nsp folder\game1.ns0 will seeknsp folder\ game1.ns1, etc...
    nsp folder\00 will seek nsp folder\01, etc...
    Is the mode 7 - FILE-JOINER. Then use the joined file in the mode 1 or mode 2 depending on your needs. Is 2 steps but there isn't direct support for split files yet.

mode7.PNG

4. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    I think it was my tool for dumping, nxdumptool worked much better. It auto repacked it for me. Thx for this info, going to try that also.

5. JRoad

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Well if you're on fat32 i imagine it needs to use 4GB blocks. The other way is to use SDTool.
    https://github.com/CaitSith2/SwitchSDTool/releases

ulao likes this.
  6. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    @JRoad
    So I'm trying this method you first spoke of and I must be missing something as the code claims it does something but does not.

I press 7 then drag 00 in , followed by 01
    I then press 1 and it just comes back with no feedback

I get these options.

Input "0" to go back to the mode selection
    Input "1" to exit the program

no output was made that I can tell. I do not see it in the list when I hit 'i' do I need to rename the 00 to some NSCB can use? Even if I drop in the folder with 00 and 01 in it, it still adds nohting.

Last edited by ulao, Aug 19, 2019
  7. JRoad

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Ok, my mistake. I knwe about the "i" bug but vacations and all i didn't released the bugfix yet. About the 00,01 thing it seems i changed something without realizing it. Apparently currently is only working with .ns* or .xc1 files. So you'll have to rename them like this:
    00 -> game.ns0
    01 -> game.ns1

That will join them and give you game.nsp, just tested it. I'll look into it to track where i messed it up but i can confirm is working with .xc* and .ns* extensions.

8. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    thank you so much! BTW: any ideas on the NoneType error I posted on the main NSCB topic?