Hacking How To Make your own CSM

SwitchNOW

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
brownmurder said:
if i remember rightly the background isnt a pic you have to change the colour code in hex or something like that, i think it was in my_IplTop_a.brlyt

all i can remember lol
[ITALIAN MODE]Ti amo[/ITALIAN MODE]

thanks
moogle.gif

EDIT:

chanSel_ash_arc_OUT\arc\blyt\my_IplTop_a.brlyt

but found that I must change?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is Photoshop CS3/CS4 a must for this? I am using CS2 to create my BMPs and when I transfer them onto my new app file, they show up with color behind them in the background.

I choose RGB5A3 in TPL Converter and then select the background as the Alpha Color with "Sin color alpha" unchecked, but I still get some grey pixels behind my cursor and different colors behind my disc images for the disc channel.

Help please.
smile.gif

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hey, if anybody is interested in making a cSM easier then check the tool I made (link in sig). It can:
- Decompress ASH files (DONE)
- extract ARC files (DONE)
- pack ARC files (DONE)
- convert an image to a TPL (to come soon)

All by clicking in a chack box

Drihscol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey CB,
converting image to tpl, are you just going to integrate tplconv, or build a new one.
if you build a new one, reseach this mysterious pallete that isnt supported.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Drihscol said:
hey CB,
converting image to tpl, are you just going to integrate tplconv, or build a new one.
if you build a new one, reseach this mysterious pallete that isnt supported.

I'm just using TPLconv that's why I said it will convert image to TPL and not the otherway round. If you want to see original TPL files then there will be a folder with all of them in jpeg and bmp format and to make the cSM easier all you would need to do is modify those images

EDIT: if you can help me find out which TPLs need transparency or not please PM me or post them in the ECSM thread. Thank you to anyone who does help

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
So is Photoshop CS3/CS4 a must for this? I am using CS2 to create my BMPs and when I transfer them onto my new app file, they show up with color behind them in the background.

I choose RGB5A3 in TPL Converter and then select the background as the Alpha Color with "Sin color alpha" unchecked, but I still get some grey pixels behind my cursor and different colors behind my disc images for the disc channel.

Help please.
smile.gif
So to quote myself
tongue.gif
, I upgraded to CS3, edited my CS2 PSD files, created my BMPs in 32 bit color, used TPL Converter 0.4 & chose RGB5A3 and selected my background color as the "Alpha Color", added my TPLs to my ASH files, created my APP file and this is what I keep getting:

Can someone help me out here? I am trying to get rid of the background colors in my pics. (Notice the grey area I have circled in red by the cursor I created)

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi728 said:
I suggest the one from the cursor is the shadow of the original one, try to find that image and change it.
The original menu image you mean? What I did in Photoshop was basically color over the hand with the exact shade of black as its background, then put my image right over it as another layer. I have tried flattening my image before saving it as a BMP as well, but no luck.
frown.gif

Should I make the background a completely different color?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am going by this instruction from the 1st post:

QUOTE said:
Right click on the image on 56killers post and select save image as, then save the image as it is named it will be a bmp

When I right click on the images I want to manipulate, they are not BMPs, theyre JPGs. Does that have anything to do with it? If so, where can I get them in BMP format?

Oh and Luigi, I am assuming I would not have a shadow from the original if I just painted over the original JPG layer completely with one color. (Of course I could be wrong
smile.gif
)

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jservs7 said:
Ok, I am going by this instruction from the 1st post:

QUOTE said:
Right click on the image on 56killers post and select save image as, then save the image as it is named it will be a bmp

When I right click on the images I want to manipulate, they are not BMPs, theyre JPGs. Does that have anything to do with it? If so, where can I get them in BMP format?

Oh and Luigi, I am assuming I would not have a shadow from the original if I just painted over the original JPG layer completely with one color. (Of course I could be wrong
smile.gif
)

It was just a suggestion^^
I mean, I don't really understand yet HOW to change it at all, you're better than me
wink.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok real fast, shadows are controlled by seperate tpls. and for those images that transperancy doesn't work remember this one piece of advice, when making something transperant that the defauly color fails on "ALWAYS" use black as the color you are using for transperancy... the brlyts are not set up to handle other colors as transperancy in most tpls

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
digitydogs said:
Ok real fast, shadows are controlled by seperate tpls. and for those images that transperancy doesn't work remember this one piece of advice, when making something transperant that the defauly color fails on "ALWAYS" use black as the color you are using for transperancy... the brlyts are not set up to handle other colors as transperancy in most tpls

So if I understand right black is the color needed for transparancy to work? Cause if it is it will probably make my program a little easier to create

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
jservs7 said:

Help please.
smile.gif
So to quote myself
tongue.gif
, I upgraded to CS3, edited my CS2 PSD files, created my BMPs in 32 bit color, used TPL Converter 0.4 & chose RGB5A3 and selected my background color as the "Alpha Color", added my TPLs to my ASH files, created my APP file and this is what I keep getting:

Can someone help me out here? I am trying to get rid of the background colors in my pics. (Notice the grey area I have circled in red by the cursor I created)
Is that cursor the Lateralus logo?

I love you.
tongue.gif

EDIT: And the Wii disc is like the 10,000 Days CD. I can't see what the GC CD is like though.
tongue.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
Thanks so much for that.
smile.gif
The shadow TPL was why I was getting that grey area in my image and the black background took away the background color.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Arm the Homeless @ Feb 28 2009, 03:37 PM) Is that cursor the Lateralus logo?

I love you.
tongue.gif

EDIT: And the Wii disc is like the 10,000 Days CD. I can't see what the GC CD is like though.
tongue.gif
Good eye.
wink.gif
Yes I am working on a complete Tool based CSM. The GC CD is a cover from the Ænima album.
smile.gif

Now I just have to figure out how to make the Disc Menu background black and a few other images. Would be nice to make the images look smoother, but I guess with BMPs, were limited.
frown.gif

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
Good eye.
wink.gif
Yes I am working on a complete Tool based CSM. The GC CD is a cover from the Ænima album.
smile.gif

Now I just have to figure out how to make the Disc Menu background black and a few other images. Would be nice to make the images look smoother, but I guess with BMPs, were limited.
frown.gif
Then what are you doing posting? Get to work on it naow.
tongue.gif

OFF-TOPIC: Is it possible to change the background music to say, Tool's Ticks and Leeches?

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
any chance of some easy GUI tools, 1 click unpacking sellect image and packing? i dont really have time to mess around with tools cos im codeing up another application at the moment lol

Well there will be tools from us (0RANGECHiCKEN) for Banners, but not for System Menus(we dont support that stuff).

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
jservs7 said:
Good eye.
wink.gif
smile.gif

frown.gif
Then what are you doing posting? Get to work on it naow.
tongue.gif

OFF-TOPIC: Is it possible to change the background music to say, Tool's Ticks and Leeches?
Well I guess as soon as I learn to change colors and other images, I can continue to work on it.
smile.gif
I really want to incorporate alot of Tool inspired art without it looking "cheesey", but I have a great idea for the Wii menu sound as soon as some tutorial is made to change them.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?