• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
mmmm on unityforn3ds 1.3.4 (unity editor 5.6.5) I haven't heard of a bug related to sprites or culling, but yes to the UI button object made from the editor...

aniway I'm not using that versión, i'm using unity 5.6.6 (unityforn3ds 1.3.10) and I have never had problems with sprites or buttons made with the unity editor, Only this is that when activating culling occlusion, the 3D objects (some cubes made with unity and a low poly house) and Sprites that move in the scene do not render in the camera when testing in the console or in citra, as if they did not exist.

I know they exist because the collisions of those objects work unlike rendering.

Anyway, I'll try what you suggest and see how it goes, thanks in advance <3
ohh 5.6.6 is that out in the wild? from what I have read that was the most stable version that was ever released for the 3DS.

AliSd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyon I NEED HELP!

I made some objects in Unity N3DS 5.6.5f but the result is not satisfying

Expected:-

IMG_3024.jpeg

What is on my N3DS :-

IMG_3025.jpeg

I am not sure what is the problem.
I faced this problem with the default settings

is it the light? Is it something else?

thanks.

SinonsBedroom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had weird lighting issues. The one change I made that I know worked for me was turning off reflections in the objects material. under the forward rendering options. not sure if that'll help
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 432190

What is on my N3DS :-

View attachment 432192

I am not sure what is the problem.
I faced this problem with the default settings

is it the light? Is it something else?

thanks.
Oh, and I changed the main maps source from metallic alpha to albedo alpha, with both smoothness and metallic set to 0

Last edited by SinonsBedroom,
Reactions: AliSd

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Last edited by Th3Travler,
Reactions: AliSd

AliSd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You cant use pixel based shaders aka Fragment shaders. The 3DS GPU was made before that tech was around. Here is the list of working shaders for Unity 5.6.5 .

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-3ds-games-with-unity.441193/page-13#post-10303463

hopefully this works never linked to a pervious post before ^_^

What affect are you trying to make? looks like you have a shader that is masking the edges of that wall?
Thank you so much

I had weird lighting issues. The one change I made that I know worked for me was turning off reflections in the objects material. under the forward rendering options. not sure if that'll help

Oh, and I changed the main maps source from metallic alpha to albedo alpha, with both smoothness and metallic set to 0
It works thanks !

Reactions: Th3Travler

Jalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ohh 5.6.6 is that out in the wild? from what I have read that was the most stable version that was ever released for the 3DS.
yeah, although it was somewhat difficult to find it.
The most stable unity for 3ds (that i know) is unityfor3ds-1.3.11 but since it is lost media I don't know if it uses the same version of unity.

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1.3.0 is 5.6.5f and 1.3.11 is 5.6.6f2 which means you have the most stable version :)
would you umm...know how one might acquire and unlock said version...
if you know just ping me - I know this is a sensitive subject on gbatemp so don't link anything
if you know just ping me :)

I am also hunting for the Unity 3DS tutorials that use to be hosted on the Devnet but that seems to be be far harder to acquire than an IS-Snake Box it self lol

1713760855592.png

Last edited by Th3Travler,

Jalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
1.3.0 is 5.6.5f and 1.3.11 is 5.6.6f2 which means you have the most stable version :)
would you umm...know how one might acquire and unlock said version...
if you know just ping me - I know this is a sensitive subject on gbatemp so don't link anything
if you know just ping me :)

I am also hunting for the Unity 3DS tutorials that use to be hosted on the Devnet but that seems to be be far harder to acquire than an IS-Snake Box it self lol

View attachment 433017
I don't have 1.3.11, I have 1.3.10 which uses the same version of unity.

and yes, I know where you can find this version on youtube. i would help more to preserve this software so that it does not become lostmedia but my internet is too slow to upload it to the internet archive.

Sorry for my bad English, the translator doesn't work very well for some time ago

Attachments

• 1684011717836.jpg
    1684011717836.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1684011717836.jpg
    1684011717836.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Th3Travler

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't have 1.3.11, I have 1.3.10 which uses the same version of unity.

and yes, I know where you can find this version on youtube. i would help more to preserve this software so that it does not become lostmedia but my internet is too slow to upload it to the internet archive.

Sorry for my bad English, the translator doesn't work very well for some time ago
Aww you English is good enough man :)
yeah 1.3.1 is still a good version to have, sucks about the slow internet. Maybe a visit to a coffee shop or internet cafe with faster wifi can help with that..do internet cafes still exist? :lol:
Im sure someone has 1.3.11 on a harddrive somewhere just biding his time same with those tutorial files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle