• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Seeing as the last post was 6 days ago. I'm going to ask two questions.
1st : How can I make the canvas get input from the stylus or finger.
2nd : How can I make the banner be a 3D model and not a 2D PNG .
Thanks

placebo_yue
has written a very good explanation of what you have to do to get a 3d banner made.
He is right it is a pain but it can be done.
sadly I cant post the link because I am new here but its in this very post on page 7, August 11 2020

Some fun got ya's with the Banners from what I been told.
You are limited to 9 objects - animated or not this includes meshes, empty group nodes, bones all of them count as objects
you have a max of 600 frames of animation
you have a poly limit of 2k tris roughly
you have a total file limit of 320kb per region ( all mesh, animation and texture files )
so squeeze those textures
you audio file can not exceed 2.5 seconds...something like that...

hope it helps!

Reactions: MG4M3R and A_stream

A_stream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

placebo_yue

has written a very good explanation of what you have to do to get a 3d banner made.

He is right it is a pain but it can be done.

sadly I cant post the link because I am new here but its in this very post on page 7, August 11 2020

Some fun got ya's with the Banners from what I been told.

You are limited to 9 objects - animated or not this includes meshes, empty group nodes, bones all of them count as objects

you have a max of 600 frames of animation

you have a poly limit of 2k tris roughly

you have a total file limit of 320kb per region ( all mesh, animation and texture files )

so squeeze those textures

you audio file can not exceed 2.5 seconds...something like that...

hope it helps!

Thanks for letting me know! Will be checking it out soon!

Reactions: Th3Travler

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have the exact same problem with the two screens
I don't know what you camera goals are, if you want to use both for 3d or 1 for UI so I'm going to give you settings that should at least give you a different outcome then what you seem to be struggling with now.

to get the Lower LCD to focus on something else you can try the steps below.

in the Inspector properties of the 2nd Camera....
Make sure the 2nd camera Culling mask is set to UI and UI Only, disable all other checkboxes.
next set the Background to a Solid Color like Black..or other color of choice.
also make sure 2nd camera target display is Lower LCD

See if that gives you a different export.

Some words regarding both cameras, both cameras use separate GPU's
and have separate Memory pools 3 mbs each! for a whooping total of 6mb of active screen goodness! Cull everything! keep your textures small and compress them with 3DS overrides in the texture inspection window. ECT is usually the best format to use.

Last edited by Th3Travler,
Reactions: A_stream

A_stream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I don't know what you camera goals are, if you want to use both for 3d or 1 for UI so I'm going to give you settings that should at least give you a different outcome then what you seem to be struggling with now.

to get the Lower LCD to focus on something else you can try the steps below.

in the Inspector properties of the 2nd Camera....
Make sure the 2nd camera Culling mask is set to UI
that the Background is a Solid Color like Black..or other color of choice.
also make sure 2nd camera target display is Lower LCD

See if that gives you a different export.

Some words regarding both cameras, both cameras use separate GPU's
and have separate Memory pools 3 mbs each! for a whooping total of 6mb of active screen goodness! Cull everything! keep your textures small and compress them with 3DS overrides in the texture inspection window. ECT is usually the best format to use.
Thanks for the info. That probably will do it bc I'm using the second screen for a minimap.

Phoenix25505

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the problem that certain objects are not seen in citra and in 3ds they crash the console
This is how it should look:

This is how it works in emulator:

And in the 3DS it crashes. In other attempts the same thing happens, the green/white model disappears when the yellow model enters the screen. I discovered that it is a problem with the yellow model, not the material, I am using mobile/unlit for everything, if it is the 3D model. What should the models be like? Why does one model work and the other doesn't?

A_stream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I have the problem that certain objects are not seen in citra and in 3ds they crash the console
This is how it should look:

View attachment 410733
This is how it works in emulator:

View attachment 410734
And in the 3DS it crashes. In other attempts the same thing happens, the green/white model disappears when the yellow model enters the screen. I discovered that it is a problem with the yellow model, not the material, I am using mobile/unlit for everything, if it is the 3D model. What should the models be like? Why does one model work and the other doesn't?
What are the extensions of your models. Like: OBJ. DAE...

Phoenix25505

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Then how about texture size. The 3ds can support a texture size up to 500 X 500. The problem might be the texture size.
All texture have a size of 512 x 512 and is overrided to 256 x 256, I consider that the problem is the 3D model, that's why I ask, what should the 3D model be like? here I put the models edit: Is the model Update: if I use obj or dae without skeleton works, the problem is the skeleton

Attachments

• models.zip
    114.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by Phoenix25505,

A_stream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
All texture have a size of 512 x 512 and is overrided to 256 x 256, I consider that the problem is the 3D model, that's why I ask, what should the 3D model be like? here I put the models edit: Is the model Update: if I use obj or dae without skeleton works, the problem is the skeleton
Wait, so were you able to fix it?

Beldard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't compile anything on Unity. No matter what I do, it always spits out errors. Below are the errors I receive, relating to ARMCC.

Failed running D:\ARMCC_Nintendo\bin\../bin64\armcc.exe -c -I "C:/Program Files/UnityNew3DS_2_0_1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS/Tools\il2cpp\bdwgc\include" -I "C:/Program Files/UnityNew3DS_2_0_1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS/Tools\il2cpp\libil2cpp\include" -I "Temp/StagingArea\il2cppOutput" -I "D:\Misc\NDI\3DSGame\SDK\ctr_sdk\include" --gnu --cpu "MPCore" --split_sections --apcs=/interwork --littleend --arm --vfe --signed_chars --no_rtti --wchar --wchar16 --multibyte_chars --dollar --exceptions --remove_unneeded_entities --diag_style=ide --data_reorder --fpmode=fast -O2 "-Otime" --no_debug --no_debug_macros --diag_suppress=1,68,186,368,177,550 -D "NN_COMPILER_RVCT" -D "NN_COMPILER_RVCT_VERSION_MAJOR=4" -D "NN_COMPILER_RVCT_VERSION_MINOR=1" -D "NN_PROCESSOR_ARM" -D "NN_PROCESSOR_ARM11MPCORE" -D "NN_PROCESSOR_ARM_V6" -D "NN_PROCESSOR_ARM_VFP_V2" -D "NN_HARDWARE_CTR" -D "NN_PLATFORM_CTR" -D "NN_HARDWARE_CTR_TS" -D "NN_SYSTEM_PROCESS" -D "NN_DEBUGGER_KMC_PARTNER" -D "NN_COMPILER_OPTION_ARM" -D "NN_EFFORT_FAST" -D "__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS" -DDEBUGMODE=0 -DUNITY_RELEASE=1 -DMASTER_BUILD=1 Temp\StagingArea\il2cppOutput\DeviceEntryStub.cpp -o Temp\Il2CppCache\DeviceEntryStub.o

C:/Program Files/UnityNew3DS_2_0_1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS/Includes/InputN3DSInterface.h(4,41) : error #5: cannot open source input file "nn/hid/CTR/hid_DeviceStatus.h": No such file or directory
armcc : Temp\StagingArea\il2cppOutput\DeviceEntryStub.cpp: 0 warnings, 1 error
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
NativeCompiler:RunProgram(ProcessStartInfo) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/NativeCompiler.cs:57)
NativeCompiler:Execute(String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/NativeCompiler.cs:24)
ArmccCompiler:Compile(String, String, Boolean) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/N3DS/Editor/Managed/ArmccCompiler.cs:201)
<CompileDynamicLibrary>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__1(String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/N3DS/Editor/Managed/ArmccCompiler.cs:101)
<ParallelFor>c__AnonStorey1`1:<>m__0(Object) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/NativeCompiler.cs:86)

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, here. I have reinstalled ARMCC several times.
Stuck here too, have you figured this one out yet?

lps

man with no face
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tagteam.ru
XP
Country
Hi, is any tools exist to convert unity textures to png and back?
Wanna make translation for Spongebob HeroPants but cant find any tools for *.tex editing.
Thx.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, is any tools exist to convert unity textures to png and back?
Wanna make translation for Spongebob HeroPants but cant find any tools for *.tex editing.
Thx.

Unity supports png, and if I'm not mistaken you can edit .tex with Photoshop

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Stuck here too, have you figured this one out yet?
Humm I think I solved this by removing the spaces from the names in the publishing tab...
I remember an error like this which was insanely long and the error gave no hints of what was actually wrong.

Capture.PNG

try going to...

File
Build Settings...
Player Settings
scrolling all the way down to " Publishing settings "
and removing any spaces from the following fields:
Title
Long Name L1
Long Name L2
Short Name
Publisher

Example: Game Name NO! remove the space from the name!
Do this instead: GameName or Game_Name

also make sure you have Agree EULA checked on
Give that a shot

Reactions: idkwhattoput

Jalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hey, I'm trying to use occlusion culling but it doesn't work correctly. When i activate this option, the moving objects and sprites in the scene are not rendered but the collisions works.

Does anyone know what I should do to solve this problem? (If you're wondering why sprites are in a 3D scene, I'm trying to make a 2.5D RPG game similar to 8bit hero)

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hey, I'm trying to use occlusion culling but it doesn't work correctly. When i activate this option, the moving objects and sprites in the scene are not rendered but the collisions works.

Does anyone know what I should do to solve this problem? (If you're wondering why sprites are in a 3D scene, I'm trying to make a 2.5D RPG game similar to 8bit hero)
humm

Try going to the Occlusion tab, select Object, set Scene Filter to Renderers, select all objects with a renderer component, and select the Occludee Static option. Then go head and re-bake the occlusion data

see if that does anything?

I think I read somewhere that 5.6.5 had a UI bug associated with Sprites and culling... not 100% sure of that tho.
you may also want to added a dummy object like a tiny triangle poly -see if that treats the culling any different.

Reactions: Jalm

Jalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
humm

Try going to the Occlusion tab, select Object, set Scene Filter to Renderers, select all objects with a renderer component, and select the Occludee Static option. Then go head and re-bake the occlusion data

see if that does anything?

I think I read somewhere that 5.6.5 had a UI bug associated with Sprites and culling... not 100% sure of that tho.
you may also want to added a dummy object like a tiny triangle poly -see if that treats the culling any different.

mmmm on unityforn3ds 1.3.4 (unity editor 5.6.5) I haven't heard of a bug related to sprites or culling, but yes to the UI button object made from the editor...

aniway I'm not using that versión, i'm using unity 5.6.6 (unityforn3ds 1.3.10) and I have never had problems with sprites or buttons made with the unity editor, Only this is that when activating culling occlusion, the 3D objects (some cubes made with unity and a low poly house) and Sprites that move in the scene do not render in the camera when testing in the console or in citra, as if they did not exist.

I know they exist because the collisions of those objects work unlike rendering.

Anyway, I'll try what you suggest and see how it goes, thanks in advance <3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle