Should I add some Demo Projects?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to use the unity input manager for 3ds controls?

Not that I know.

What people usually do is code the input checking if it's running on the 3DS or the editor:

Code:
using UnityEngine.N3DS;
using UnityEngine;

public class InputManager : MonoBehaviour
{
    void Update()
    {
#if UNITY_N3DS && !UNITY_EDITOR
        if (GamePad.GetButtonTrigger(N3dsButton.Start))
        {
            player.Pause();
        }
#else
        if (Input.GetButtonDown("Pause"))
        {
            player.Pause();
        }
#endif
    }
}

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a way to use the unity input manager for 3ds controls?
It'd be easier to create your own singleton GamepadManager script and store your button configuration there, that way you can easily retrieve their stats from any other scripts that need to check if buttons are pressed or not.
Instead of checking on "Input.getButtonDown" you'd be calling "myGameManager.instance.buttonA" or whatever you name the script and the variable that checks if the button is pressed or not at any given time.
Unless for some reason you NEED to use the input configuration inspector, this should have you covered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you gotta follow the folder structure perfectly or it won't work. Mine looks like this:

"Unity Project Folder">Assets>3dsBanner>
____Audio>Hello.wav
____Model>Common>
________Common.cmdl
________Textures>Common.ctex

Hope it's understandable. I also have a shitload of folders inside "model" but the only one that i modified is the common and that's the one that shows up in console, the others are the default that comes with the 3dsBanner package from NDS unity SDK thingy

I made my banner using the tool provided by the NDS SDK thingy, the one that looks like a very 1999 3D software. And Autodesk Maya with the plugin to export files in whatever format this previous software needs, and it's this software the one that exports CMDL and CTEX files. You can also create CTEX with photoshop and it's plugin.
I didn't have to use command line at all
I have the folders and files named and set up like this, but I still get an error specifically on the Banner Model. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Last edited by Awesomeaustin316, , Reason: Don't know if my error code would be breaking rules on the NDA
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Haven't had a lot of time to look into it yet, my appologies.

I wanna check some things with you real quick.

Noticed that your icon was empty, is this also the case on your end?

I also noticed that you were using the latest version of Unity for 3DS.
There were some issues regarding this version of Unity, For example, it doesn't compile the banners and icons properly.

Does it only happen when you compile?

If this is the case,
It might be that the banners/icons aren't compiling correctly.
You can build them separately through the NW4C_TextureConverter.exe tool (available as part of the NintendoWare for CTR package).
Alternatively you could also build your project in 5.6.6f2 and grab the CTEX file from <project_directory>\Temp\StagingArea\Banner\Model\COMMON\Textures\COMMON1.ctex.

I recommend 5.6.6f2 right now in general as it's more stable, sadly, it's missing quite a few features.

Did you also run "SetupEnvironment.wsf" (C:\Nintendo\<installation>)

Hope to hear from you soon!
I have a feeling this will help me. I'll come back with if this works or not tomorrow.

*Edit*
This somewhat worked. After renaming and all, it started to say couldn't build the cci. It was way less lines of error dialogue and told me exactly how to fix it from there.

Last edited by Awesomeaustin316,
D

Deleted User

Environment variable 'CTRSDK_ROOT' is not set indicating N3DS SDK is not properly installed.
not working for me

D

Deleted User

3ds banner problem? how to fix it
upload_2020-8-11_11-22-47.png

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have my 3D banner generated from the maya plugin which is displayed in black instead of texture

I use as a plugin "3DS Simple CIA Converter v5.0"

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
3ds banner problem? how to fix it
View attachment 220974
What are you using as banner? it's kind of a hassle to create one that does compile. I'll tell you how i did
  • Install the plugin for maya and photoshop. Install the nintendo software for making banners "NW4C_CreativeStudioForBanner"
  • Create your 3D model on maya, add the plugin, it'll let you export in some weird format for Creative Studio. It's not exported in the default way (file>export), it has a special button in some "nintendo" bar near the top of the screen.
  • Open the 3D model in Creative Studio, and export as .cmdl format
  • If your model includes textures, they should be in .ctex format, that's probably done for you if you added them in maya, otherwise you can create them in photoshop using the plugin too.
  • Both the model and the textures should be named COMMON (you can change this but it's easier to stick with the basic default formatting)
  • the textures go inside a folder named "Textures"
  • the cmdl 3D model goes on the root (of your "banner" folder inside your unity project).
  • Now import the nintendo's example of Banner in your unity project (it should compile if you don't mess with it!) try that before overwriting
  • if it compiled, now replace it with your files and see if it still compiles! otherwise delete your files and see what could be wrong
I hope that was enough to give you a little clarity. The plugins and such can be downloaded from the Nintendo Dev Installer thingy where you got the special version of unity.

Reactions: Deleted User

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, it's my personal version, I just downloaded the plugin that allows me to export my models in 3D banner

in the telechargment section in Nintendo Devloper portal, I didn't use NDI

me personally, I have asked for help in the Nintendo Developer Portal forum, and alsoI am using of the doc that are in the package may currently I have no answer , that's why I am asking for help here

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you very much for your help

I have my two Model files COMMON.cmdl and COMMON1.ctex to generate from the plugin of maya and I was also able to generate the .TGA under the pluginPhotochop

when I export my Model under CreativeStudio I have this message has it and my character has a gray color under CreativeStudio

Warning: Can't get UV: mesh2Shape.f [0] (map1)

D

Deleted User

What are you using as banner? it's kind of a hassle to create one that does compile. I'll tell you how i did
  • Install the plugin for maya and photoshop. Install the nintendo software for making banners "NW4C_CreativeStudioForBanner"
  • Create your 3D model on maya, add the plugin, it'll let you export in some weird format for Creative Studio. It's not exported in the default way (file>export), it has a special button in some "nintendo" bar near the top of the screen.
  • If your model includes textures, they should be in .ctex format, that's probably done for you if you added them in maya, otherwise you can create them in photoshop using the plugin too.
  • Both the model and the textures should be named COMMON (you can change this but it's easier to stick with the basic default formatting)
  • the cmdl 3D model goes on the root (of your "banner" folder inside your unity project).
  • Now import the nintendo's example of Banner in your unity project (it should compile if you don't mess with it!) try that before overwriting
  • if it compiled, now replace it with your files and see if it still compiles! otherwise delete your files and see what could be wrong
I hope that was enough to give you a little clarity. The plugins and such can be downloaded from the Nintendo Dev Installer thingy where you got the special version of unity.

thanks

unfortunately i cant still build

heres the console's message

Unable to create banner and icon
"Z:\Nintendo\20173ds\SDK\ctr_sdk\tools\CommandLineTools\ctr_makebanner32.exe" BannerSpec.bsf "Z:\Documents\Unity Projects\wii u\Temp\StagingArea\Banner.bnr" "Z:\Documents\Unity Projects\wii u\Temp\StagingArea\Icon.icn"
stderr[
]
stdout[
MAKEBANNER FATAL ERROR: Language "English" LongName is necessary for region "All".
]
at UnityEditor.N3DS.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.N3DS.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) [0x00038] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\Command.cs:74
at UnityEditor.PostProcessN3DS.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.N3DS.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) [0x00016] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\PostProcessN3DS.cs:1647
at UnityEditor.PostProcessN3DS.MakeBannerAndOrIcon (System.String stagingArea, System.String bnrPathName, System.String cbmdPathName, System.String iconPathName) [0x00157] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\PostProcessN3DS.cs:852
at UnityEditor.PostProcessN3DS.CreateCCI (Boolean developmentBuild, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 cfaList, System.String installPath, System.String stagingArea) [0x000cb] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\PostProcessN3DS.cs:961
at UnityEditor.PostProcessN3DS.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, BuildOptions options, System.String installPath, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String stagingAreaDataManaged, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) [0x003b4] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\PostProcessN3DS.cs:281
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

D

Deleted User

now additional errors

Assertion failed: Failed to find UnitySplash-cube.png

-
The resource UnitySplash-cube.png could not be loaded from the resource file!

where is that spalsh

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I can do all this but I have a problem with the display of my Texture of My 3D Model in my console real

= my 3D model displayed in black

I think I have a problem with my materials or my Texture, I don't know what to do

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried updating or reworking this middle-ware to work on Unity 2020? I tried running unity 5 with the 3ds middle-ware (yes I did sign the NDA and have the nintendo dev account to prove it) installed on my computer but it wouldn't load into the editor. I just get stuck on the unity logo screen. Granted, I don't have the fastest PC in the world, but I know for certain the 2020 version of unity work, quite well in fact. But nintendo have made it clear they're not going to update the middle-ware so I was just wondering if anyone had taken it upon themselves to address that problem.

Last edited by TheNamesGregoryAndounuts,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can do all this but I have a problem with the display of my Texture of My 3D Model in my console real

= my 3D model displayed in black

I think I have a problem with my materials or my Texture, I don't know what to do

Don't use lighting. You need to go to the material settings and mess with those "A B C" entries in a way that gives you an unlit texture.
I don't remember exactly how it went, but it was something like.. you had a dropdown that lets you choose the texture mode, and the default is something like "A+B" where A is texture and B is some lightning shading whatever.
You need to just leave "A" on, the texture.
I ran into the same problem and that fixed it.

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks a lot for your help

I tried everything I have understand , but I have no display of my 3D model in my console 3DS

= banner empty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...