• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HyingPlantilina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhh guys, i have a problem installing the cia for test my game.

"Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)"

I tried changing the id code with homebrew, but nothing happened. :(

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
uhh guys, i have a problem installing the cia for test my game.

"Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)"

I tried changing the id code with homebrew, but nothing happened. :(
Are you trying to use the CIA that exports out of Unity?

Those CIA's can only be read by official 3DS Dev/Test kit hardware they will not read on a jail broken 3DS.
To view your exported unity 3DS application you'll need to do a few steps...sadly without a Dev or Test kits it will be the only way you can install to your modded 3DS. ( least this is the only way I know how to do it ) There may be a better way which id love to know about too :)

1st : Export out of unity as a .CCI --> fun fact: ( CCI is the DEV kit application format while CIA is the Testkit format )

2. Rename the extinctions from ".CCI" to ".3DS" ..apparently its the same file format

3. This next part is a pain: there are 2 ways to do this only 1 has worked for me but I will mention both routes. As a side quest I recommend getting FTP-GMX and installing that into your 3DS so you can transfer files wirelessly rather than having to remove your SD card every time you want to add a new file. once you read the steps involved you'll see why you want to have ftp rather than do manual copying.

Option A ( I couldn't get this to work with Unity exported files )
There are programs people have written that can from the PC convert the CCI to CIA. Ill let the video explain it will be much faster.

* in my humble option* because you are exporting a unique file that is not an established game I think the converter doesn't know what to do with the file. Understand I am not a professional programmer so what do I know :)

Option B ( which is the way I have actually gotten it to work )
Copy the now named .3DS application file into your godmode 9, "in" folder located on your 3DS's SD card.

GM9
|
----> IN

Use Godmode9's 3ds to cia converter to convert the file. There are a lot of videos on YouTube that show this process
this one is good:

4. After you convert the file it will pass it to the "out" folder of GM9.
You can install it via the FBI application at this point. I leave all my conversions in the out folder but you can move them anywhere you want long as the FBI app can find them.

5. You are done!

6. Realize the implications of having to do this conversion every time you want to test to hardware and Don't even think about not testing to hardware! No emulator is going to do a better job. hop between the 2 to do testing. Test changes and Test often on real hardware! This why the FTP program is so important for development.

I know it's alot of extra steps...sadly developing for the 3DS is much harder than most consoles and without the dev hardware it harder still.

BUT! Do not despair I have gotten through all these hurdles and gotten my silly little game to work on hardware ( not anywhere near done in anyway but its on there and i can run around ) ... Long as you can take the L's and keep pushing forward you can do it! :)

Last edited by Th3Travler,
Reactions: HyingPlantilina

HyingPlantilina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, thanks a lot for the help. I know making games for 3ds is too hard because the optimization, the code or the export, but is a challenge that I will take, helping myself from the 3ds community. :D

Reactions: Th3Travler

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
one question ¿are there variables for the 3ds touch screen? i couldn´t found anything about the touch input in the manual
Well I couldn't find anything either lol

But I do know that there is a touch button in the Socket example package that works with the 3DS when you build it. ( maybe you can reverse engineer from that? )

PlayerLobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well there are a lot of thighs that have to be setup correctly in order to get a 3ds project to export.

Lets start with this, do you have in your build settings Nintendo 3DS selected?
View attachment 448251
View attachment 448254

Are you using any of the sample 3ds packages?
mainly the 3DS Banner package?
View attachment 448255
When 5.6.5 released there is a bug related to the 3DS Banner package. it has a simple fix but definitely not obvious. The sample Banner package imports I think png files into all the Banner sub folders.

You must delete or convert every png or jpg or any other image format to .CTEX in order for the banner to export. CTEX is Nintendo's proprietary image format.

While you can delete the image files from all the folders except in one in COMMON.
- DO NOT DELETE THE FOLDERS! ONLY THE IMAGE FILES!
the texture file in COMMON\Textures
MUST BE CONVERTED TO CTEX AND CAN NOT BE DELETED!!!! DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME!
the exporter is very picky and will crash!

you CAN modify the image but make sure to save it in the proper folder and name it correctly!

COMMON
|______Textures -> COMMON1.ctex

View attachment 448260

You have to use the Photoshop NintendoWare for CTR tool set
to do the conversion. The software can be found on the web.

I don't know about modern photoshop but I have it working with CS 5.5
I know CS6 and cc14-16 works too. When properly installed you can save files in the
CTEX format.
View attachment 448266

My advice is stick to ETC1 and ETC1_A4 they are the best bang for the buck compression wise, thou you can use RGB compressions for better alpha and color, file sizes will be bigger tho. This advice is really more for 3D banners. for 2D Banners stick to RGB.
View attachment 448267

It is funny that you have to do this only for Banner files because you can use regular image formats for the rest of the project only the banner will error out if its not .CTEX. While Unity will convert all project images to Nintendo proprietary formats for the 3DS, the Banner is exported by a separate tool chain that does not do image conversions. it is very picky and going off script will make the exporter
insta-crash.

make sure that your images are multiple of 2 and smaller than 512. Id recommend simply converting the supplied sample image which is 256x128 and turning it into a simple 2d banner. 3D banners are a total other nightmare it for sure can be done but I'm not going to explain that here.

This may not be the fix either but this is something else that I know cause none descript errors and this one tends to bite people when they 1st start off. this is why I decided to explain it.

If this isn't it take a screen shot of your Build Settings, Player settings, Project and Hierarchy Ill see if I can help you. You can also upload your project and I can take a look.
Thanks for the tips!

Unfortunately none of that was the issue. I already have the banner and build platform figured out. I have been able to build my game before. I've already reinstalled the CTR, the Development Environments, unity itself... Kinda sucks, i was in the middle of a project

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for the tips!

Unfortunately none of that was the issue. I already have the banner and build platform figured out. I have been able to build my game before. I've already reinstalled the CTR, the Development Environments, unity itself... Kinda sucks, i was in the middle of a project

Sucks man that's always a pain. This is where source control is very helpful since it lets you roll back changes. I believe GitHub has that feature but it is a pain to install and use compared to Perforce. anyways none of this helps with the current problem on hand.

So if you make a band new project, can you export it?

if yes... then try this - bit of a brute force method but may yield results.
In my production experience of Christmas pasts this trick helped me loads of time.

Copy your project to a new temp project. Then start deleting each folder of your project and try exporting till you get an export to build. Once you find the folder then start deleting files 3 at a time ect ect. The goal here is to find the files that are causing all the trouble help you isolate it. Once you got that you can delete that temp project knowing what to fix on the main project.

its a bit of a general tip I know but a direction is better than nothing. wish I knew more about programing be more helpful to you :)

You could also try to copy the error into chagpt and see what it think might be the error. Its been helpful for me for debugging.

PlayerLobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sucks man that's always a pain. This is where source control is very helpful since it lets you roll back changes. I believe GitHub has that feature but it is a pain to install and use compared to Perforce. anyways none of this helps with the current problem on hand.

So if you make a band new project, can you export it?

if yes... then try this - bit of a brute force method but may yield results.
In my production experience of Christmas pasts this trick helped me loads of time.

Copy your project to a new temp project. Then start deleting each folder of your project and try exporting till you get an export to build. Once you find the folder then start deleting files 3 at a time ect ect. The goal here is to find the files that are causing all the trouble help you isolate it. Once you got that you can delete that temp project knowing what to fix on the main project.

its a bit of a general tip I know but a direction is better than nothing. wish I knew more about programing be more helpful to you :)

You could also try to copy the error into chagpt and see what it think might be the error. Its been helpful for me for debugging.
Yeah, i use github! problem is that this change that caused this issue was in the unity installation itself, when i changed computers. I tested this installation with another project and it had the same problem.

Thanks a lot for your time and assistance!
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, i use github! problem is that this change that caused this issue was in the unity installation itself, when i changed computers. I tested this installation with another project and it had the same problem.

Thanks a lot for your time and assistance!
OOOOOOOOHh boy.
Ok, your advice was really good.

I got some help from other people over at the Undertale port by CooingMaxito discord server. My first error, with the Armcc5 license, was fixed after i copied the license file from Armcc_License/5.x to ProgramFiles(x86)/ARMCC_Nintendo_5/sw/info/

But then it started giving me another error, where it wasnt able to find "nn/hid/CTR/hid_DeviceStatus.h" file during IL2CPP runtime.

This one:
Failed running C:\Program Files (x86)\ARMCC_Nintendo_5\bin\../bin64\armcc.exe -c -I "C:/Nintendo/UnityNew3DS_1_3_0/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS/Tools\il2cpp\bdwgc\include" -I "C:/Nintendo/UnityNew3DS_1_3_0/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS/Tools\il2cpp\libil2cpp\include" -I "Temp/StagingArea\il2cppOutput" -I "C:\Windows\system32\include" --gnu --cpu "MPCore" --split_sections --apcs=/interwork --littleend --arm --vfe --signed_chars --no_rtti --wchar --wchar16 --multibyte_chars --dollar --exceptions --remove_unneeded_entities --diag_style=ide --data_reorder --fpmode=fast -O2 "-Otime" --no_debug --no_debug_macros --diag_suppress=1,68,186,368,177,550 -D "NN_COMPILER_RVCT" -D "NN_COMPILER_RVCT_VERSION_MAJOR=4" -D "NN_COMPILER_RVCT_VERSION_MINOR=1" -D "NN_PROCESSOR_ARM" -D "NN_PROCESSOR_ARM11MPCORE" -D "NN_PROCESSOR_ARM_V6" -D "NN_PROCESSOR_ARM_VFP_V2" -D "NN_HARDWARE_CTR" -D "NN_PLATFORM_CTR" -D "NN_HARDWARE_CTR_TS" -D "NN_SYSTEM_PROCESS" -D "NN_DEBUGGER_KMC_PARTNER" -D "NN_COMPILER_OPTION_ARM" -D "NN_EFFORT_FAST" -D "__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS" Temp\StagingArea\il2cppOutput\DeviceEntryStub.cpp -o Temp\Il2CppCache\DeviceEntryStub.oC:/Nintendo/UnityNew3DS_1_3_0/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS/Includes/InputN3DSInterface.h(4,41) : error #5: cannot open source input file "nn/hid/CTR/hid_DeviceStatus.h": No such file or directoryarmcc : Temp\StagingArea\il2cppOutput\DeviceEntryStub.cpp: 0 warnings, 1 errorUnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)NativeCompiler:RunProgram(ProcessStartInfo) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/NativeCompiler.cs:57)NativeCompiler:Execute(String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/NativeCompiler.cs:24)ArmccCompiler:Compile(String, String, Boolean) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/N3DS/Editor/Managed/ArmccCompiler.cs:195)<CompileDynamicLibrary>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__1(String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/N3DS/Editor/Managed/ArmccCompiler.cs:101)<ParallelFor>c__AnonStorey1`1:<>m__0(Object) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/NativeCompiler.cs:86)

I pasted the error on chat gpt and, among a lot of generic answers, it told me to check if unity had access to the sdk folder.

I went on C:/Nintendo and gave full control permissions, on every folder there, to Everyone.

It worked.

I hope this helps someone if they were ever to have the same issue!

Last edited by PlayerLobs,

HyingPlantilina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don´t know how i get this error but ._:
Code:
 --userlibpath="C:\Nintendo\SDK\UnityEnv\SDK\ctr_sdk\libraries\CTR-TS.Process.MPCore\release" --no_debug --no_bestdebug --tailreorder --inline --diag_suppress L6314W,L6329W,L6394W --datacompressor off --keep=nnMain --scatter="C:\Nintendo\SDK\UnityEnv\SDK\ctr_sdk\resources\specfiles\linker\CTR.Process.MPCore.ldscript" --strict --diag_style=ide --merge --cpu MPCore --vfemode=force --entry=__ctr_start --unmangled --startup=__ctr_start --largeregions --scanlib --pad=0xFF --remove --exceptions -o Player.axf Native\libAssembly.a "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\player.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\il2cpp.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\bdwgc.a" crt0.fast.o libgles2.fast.a libnn_ac.fast.a libnn_act.fast.a libnn_applet.fast.a libnn_boss.fast.a libnn_cec.fast.a libnn_cfg.fast.a libnn_crypto.fast.a libnn_cryptoRsa.fast.a libnn_cx.fast.a libnn_dbm.fast.a libnn_dev.fast.a libnn_dlp.fast.a libnn_dsp.fast.a libnn_err.fast.a libnn_erreula.fast.a libnn_fnd.fast.a libnn_font.fast.a libnn_friends.fast.a libnn_fs.fast.a libnn_fshio.fast.a libnn_gd.fast.a libnn_gr.fast.a libnn_gxlow.fast.a libnn_hid.fast.a libnn_hidlow.fast.a libnn_http.fast.a libnn_init.fast.a libnn_ir.fast.a libnn_jpegmp.fast.a libnn_math.fast.a libnn_mic.fast.a libnn_midi.fast.a libnn_ndm.fast.a libnn_news.fast.a libnn_ngc.fast.a libnn_nstd.fast.a libnn_nwm.fast.a libnn_os.fast.a libnn_phtsel.fast.a libnn_pl.fast.a libnn_ptm.fast.a libnn_rdt.fast.a libnn_snd.fast.a libnn_socket.fast.a libnn_srv.fast.a libnn_ssl.fast.a libnn_svc.fast.a libnn_svcDbg.fast.a libnn_swkbd.fast.a libnn_tpl.fast.a libnn_ubl.fast.a libnn_uds.fast.a libnn_ulcd.fast.a libnn_util.fast.a libnn_voicesel.fast.a libnn_webbrs.fast.a libnn_y2r.fast.a librtport.fast.a "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\camera_stubs.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_DspAdpcmAudioDecoder.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_FastAudioDecoder.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_FilterDeblocker.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_ImaadpcmAudioDecoder.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_MobiclipVideoDecoder.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_MoflexDemuxer.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libFMOD_Slim.a"
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

What this error means:

--userlibpath="C:\Nintendo\SDK\UnityEnv\SDK\ctr_sdk\libraries\CTR-TS.Process.MPCore\release" --no_debug --no_bestdebug --tailreorder --inline --diag_suppress L6314W,L6329W,L6394W --datacompressor off --keep=nnMain --scatter="C:\Nintendo\SDK\UnityEnv\SDK\ctr_sdk\resources\specfiles\linker\CTR.Process.MPCore.ldscript" --strict --diag_style=ide --merge --cpu MPCore --vfemode=force --entry=__ctr_start --unmangled --startup=__ctr_start --largeregions --scanlib --pad=0xFF --remove --exceptions -o Player.axf Native\libAssembly.a "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\player.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\il2cpp.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\bdwgc.a" crt0.fast.o libgles2.fast.a libnn_ac.fast.a libnn_act.fast.a libnn_applet.fast.a libnn_boss.fast.a libnn_cec.fast.a libnn_cfg.fast.a libnn_crypto.fast.a libnn_cryptoRsa.fast.a libnn_cx.fast.a libnn_dbm.fast.a libnn_dev.fast.a libnn_dlp.fast.a libnn_dsp.fast.a libnn_err.fast.a libnn_erreula.fast.a libnn_fnd.fast.a libnn_font.fast.a libnn_friends.fast.a libnn_fs.fast.a libnn_fshio.fast.a libnn_gd.fast.a libnn_gr.fast.a libnn_gxlow.fast.a libnn_hid.fast.a libnn_hidlow.fast.a libnn_http.fast.a libnn_init.fast.a libnn_ir.fast.a libnn_jpegmp.fast.a libnn_math.fast.a libnn_mic.fast.a libnn_midi.fast.a libnn_ndm.fast.a libnn_news.fast.a libnn_ngc.fast.a libnn_nstd.fast.a libnn_nwm.fast.a libnn_os.fast.a libnn_phtsel.fast.a libnn_pl.fast.a libnn_ptm.fast.a libnn_rdt.fast.a libnn_snd.fast.a libnn_socket.fast.a libnn_srv.fast.a libnn_ssl.fast.a libnn_svc.fast.a libnn_svcDbg.fast.a libnn_swkbd.fast.a libnn_tpl.fast.a libnn_ubl.fast.a libnn_uds.fast.a libnn_ulcd.fast.a libnn_util.fast.a libnn_voicesel.fast.a libnn_webbrs.fast.a libnn_y2r.fast.a librtport.fast.a "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\camera_stubs.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_DspAdpcmAudioDecoder.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_FastAudioDecoder.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_FilterDeblocker.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_ImaadpcmAudioDecoder.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_MobiclipVideoDecoder.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libmw_mo_MoflexDemuxer.fast.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\libFMOD_Slim.a"

PlayerLobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just want to document this in case anyone finds this thread and has the same issue:

the last issue i was having was that the game was simply crashing on start with a message that said

Processor : ARM11 (core 0)
Exception type : data abort
fault status : Translation - section

To fix it, i simply deleted the library folder in my unity project while unity wasnt open.

Code:
 --userlibpath="C:\Nintendo\SDK\UnityEnv\SDK\ctr_sdk\libraries\CTR-TS.Process.MPCore\release" --no_debug --no_bestdebug --tailreorder --inline --diag_suppress L6314W,L6329W,L6394W --datacompressor off --keep=nnMain --scatter="C:\Nintendo\SDK\UnityEnv\SDK\ctr_sdk\resources\specfiles\linker\CTR.Process.MPCore.ldscript" --strict --diag_style=ide --merge --cpu MPCore --vfemode=force --entry=__ctr_start --unmangled --startup=__ctr_start --largeregions --scanlib --pad=0xFF --remove --exceptions -o Player.axf Native\libAssembly.a "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\player.a" "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/N3DS\Libs\il2cpp.a" "C:/Program ...
[/QUOTE]
1 - Check if you have the sdk environment variables set up, this is what they should look like:

[ATTACH type="full"]456984[/ATTACH]

just remember to adapt it to your file paths.

2 - Check if your license to ARMCC5 Nintendo is set up properly:
Copy the license file from [ARMCC_License/5.x] and paste it on [C:\Program Files (x86)\ARMCC_Nintendo_5\sw\info]
the file is called "nintendo-anyhost.lic"

3 - Make sure Unity has the rights to read the SDK folder. Go to [C:/Nintendo] (the path to your sdk folder, if your sdk isnt here, i highly recommend putting it here.) and change user permissions to grant total permissions for Everyone.

Let me know if you need help with anything i said here, you can also look it up online.

Attachments

• 1725902713818.png
    1725902713818.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by PlayerLobs,
Reactions: Th3Travler

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just want to document this in case anyone finds this thread and has the same issue:

the last issue i was having was that the game was simply crashing on start with a message that said

Processor : ARM11 (core 0)
Exception type : data abort
fault status : Translation - section

To fix it, i simply deleted the library folder in my unity project while unity wasnt open.
very cool find - ill add that to my memory banks
glad the advice helped :)

Code:

What this error means:

Does this error happen when you export? save? load unity?
are you using banners?
do you have spaces in your project name?

PlayerLobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
very cool find - ill add that to my memory banks
glad the advice helped :)

Does this error happen when you export? save? load unity?
are you using banners?
do you have spaces in your project name?
Are those memory banks, by any chance, a public troubleshooting guide? I feel like we really should make something like that to help people out

Th3Travler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Are those memory banks, by any chance, a public troubleshooting guide? I feel like we really should make something like that to help people out
Well this 16 page forum post is what I unofficially use as my public troubleshooting guide. :lol:
You are right that this information is both very difficult to search and find. A lot of painful digging. Honestly though nothing is better and faster than simply asking people live questions. I have done a lot of hunting and this seems to be the place where at least a few other people are trying to do something with Unity 3ds.

I think there isn't a public troubleshooting guide because the Unity 3DS community is so tiny. Off the top of my head I think there are 2 reasons for that...
1. There are legal risks using Unity and Nintendo proprietary software once you try to make a profit off it even though at this point it is abandoned software.
2. It is Insanely hard to develop for the 3DS using Unity. Unity is a resource hog and you have to rein it in. You cant just watch a bunch of unity tutorials use it's stock easy to use feature sets and expect the 3DS to accommodate such memory intensive tasks. Also some Unity features generate memory leaks. It is a beginners minefield. I think most people abandon it once they discover that you have to make custom very optimized usually very manual feature sets. It is time consuming and requires experience to tackle. That doesn't mean I don't think people shouldn't try but best to know what they are signing up for.

I have looked at the downloads from Internet archive for Unity 3DS and its around 400-600, that's global. Its a bit of a blessing from a legal witch hunt standpoint, for now anyways... but from that 400-600 Most of the people are experimenting I say its less than 100 people really would like to make something with the software and my guess is most are young and while the youth know about modern memory intensive techniques to build games, most tutorials online cover ps3 / xbox 360 era development and up. but the 3DS is basically a portable PS2 with more Poly budget. Them's some hardcore waters.

I don't have 3DS dev experience ( minus the past 2 years I have been putzing around with it) Mostly what I know comes from just digging and reading. That and my PS-Vita and the PS2 Dev experience which has helped me navigate the constrained hardware. Sadly my experience mainly comes from the art side. Still I like helping the Unity 3DS dev community, though my time is sadly very limited. That is why I post on here. quick glance and only a few people with questions. Far as I know there isn't a discord server for Unity 3DS development. Probably cause no one wants Nintendo writing down IP addresses :lol:

Video would probably be the way to show a series of Best practices when it comes to the software. There is a guy named Jorel... He has a youtube channel called Sungrand Studios. He actually is..was a 3DS developer and he used Unity to make 3- 4 games in 2022. He has a ton of really good development tips and gotchas. The videos are not geared towards Unity 3DS development per-sae but He does go over a lot of hurdles and problems he encounters with some of the unity versions. 5.6.5 is a good version but it has some leaks, I wish I had a "unlocked" 5.6.6 though, from what I read that was the most stable, least memory leaky unity version to ever come out on the 3DS. 2017's came after 5.6.6 and from what I read 2017 was a disaster for the 3DS. Anyways Jorel's videos are long format live dev diaries so you gonna have to be patient but he has lot of gold tips if you take the time to extract them.

I did reach out to him, he is super nice but ultra busy and he is under NDA so what he could share was limited. Here is one of the videos below, Goto the Livestream Hangout playlist.

- pretty smart guy defiantly an old school dev, in it for the heart and experience more than the profit.

https://www.youtube.com/live/zlM_BzEDJ_I?si=_SwimbczTBY02vb-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @salazarcosplay Atleast it seems he got better +1