Hacking HOW TO INSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL ON 4.0 VIRGIN WII!!

chaoxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to downgrade** with DVDx, gave me an error.. doesn't work
frown.gif

Krayce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where to put this, but I installed the boot.dol that had three options,

1. the IOS downgrader
2. patchmii
3. DVDx

I installed the first one.

Well, I gave up after that and decided to play Mario Kart Wii. I put in the disc, the game showed up, and after the health warning, the game says that it could not be read What can I do about this?

phpgeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
To be honest.
i dont see how comex's DVDX would Downgrade IOS35...

It doesn't, but it lowers the revision allowing you to install a GENUINE wad of IOS35-64-v1040.wad.

I took a VIRGIN 4.0E system down to 3.2E and then back up to a fully HACKED 4.0E system thanks to DVDX. I'm not saying that it will work for everyone, but it certainly worked for me. I know you're trying to help Vidboy and I respect you for that but your method is fatally flawed and nobody on a GENUINE "NEVER BEEN HACKED" VIRGIN 4.0 system will ever be able to use it.

Right, I'm not saying this will work for everyone but I have tested on a brand new Wii. The Wii was on 3.4E and I updated via Nintendo to 4.0E to get a VIRGIN 4.0E system. The steps I took are as follows:

1.) Used BannerBomb to load CMDVDX34 and used the Downgrade IOS35 option to patch IOS35 to a lower revision.
2.) Used BannerBomb to load Wad Manager 1.4 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad.
3.) Used BannerBomb to load Wad Manager 1.4 (running off IOS35) to install a copy of cISO36 (rev 10).
4.) Used BannerBomb to load IOS Downgrader.
5.) Used BannerBomb to load Custom IOS Downgrader.

I'm now on 3.2E.

6.) Used BannerBomb to load Wad Manager 1.4 and install a wad file containing the latest homebrew channel.

7.) Now there's plenty of guides to help you get back up to 4.0

Good luck!

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phpgeek said:
Vidboy10 said:
To be honest.
i dont see how comex's DVDX would Downgrade IOS35...

It doesn't, but it lowers the revision allowing you to install a GENUINE wad of IOS35-64-v1040.wad.

I took a VIRGIN 4.0E system down to 3.2E and then back up to a fully HACKED 4.0E system thanks to DVDX. I'm not saying that it will work for everyone, but it certainly worked for me. I know you're trying to help Vidboy and I respect you for that but your method is fatally flawed and nobody on a GENUINE "NEVER BEEN HACKED" VIRGIN 4.0 system will ever be able to use it.

Right, I'm not saying this will work for everyone but I have tested on a brand new Wii. The Wii was on 3.4E and I updated via Nintendo to 4.0E to get a VIRGIN 4.0E system. The steps I took are as follows:

1.) Used BannerBomb to load CMDVDX34 and used the Downgrade IOS35 option to patch IOS35 to a lower revision.
2.) Used BannerBomb to load Wad Manager 1.4 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad.
3.) Used BannerBomb to load Wad Manager 1.4 (running off IOS35) to install a copy of cISO36 (rev 10).
4.) Used BannerBomb to load IOS Downgrader.
5.) Used BannerBomb to load Custom IOS Downgrader.

I'm now on 3.2E.

6.) Used BannerBomb to load Wad Manager 1.4 and install a wad file containing the latest homebrew channel.

7.) Now there's plenty of guides to help you get back up to 4.0

Good luck!

Thanks
Good to see that works, at least for some people.

But why downgrade to 3.2 if you're going to upgrade to 4.0 again?

Can't you just:

1.) Use BannerBomb to load CMDVDX34 and use the Downgrade IOS35 option to patch IOS35 to a lower revision.
2.) Use BannerBomb to load Wad Manager 1.4 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad.
3.) Use BannerBomb to load Wad Manager 1.4 (running off IOS35) to install a copy of cISO36 (rev 10).
4.) Use BannerBomb to load IOS Downgrader.
5.) Run the normal HBC installer (Should work now that your IOS's are downgraded.
6.) Install trucha patched IOS60 with wad manager
7.) Install cioscorp and preloader if you want

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep that will work.

IOS16 will NOT work however. It was fixed by the update.

And you can't downgrade IOS35 on LU64+ Wiis, so it only works with old Wiis that got updatet.

phpgeek

Trophies
XP
Country
piratesmack said:
But why downgrade to 3.2 if you're going to upgrade to 4.0 again?

Good point, but I was debating at the time whether to actually go back up to 4.0 (I only decided to go back up because of this thread)
rolleyes.gif

chaoxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried everything, is it really possible to install homebrewchannel with a 100% virgin 4.0U wii using bannerbomb? If so could someone give me some instructions? I've tried to install cios' through wad and network, i've tried alot of the steps in the post, I've also tried dvdx downgrade. I don't know what else i could possibly do.

chaoxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stroganoff said:
Just STFU and wait or buy an older Wii somewhere. You will be noticed "when (and if) it's done".

Rude much? I'm simply asking if it really is possible. If not this post is missleading and the name of the topic should be changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.