Hacking ** How To Install Custom IOS36_rev8 For Dummies **

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I udnerstood, thanks for the answers.
I just wonder about one thing, this IOS install (38, 53 , 55 ) wont screw up my WAD "management"? I ask because I saw on the forums ( not here ) , someone mentioning after installing IOS 38 and others, he ends up with menu 3.4, (there fore blolcking wad install/uninstall) so is that what true? maybe he did soemthign wrong, or is what happens, I mean installign this wont cut my "homebrew" capabilities right?

And one more thing, what is recommended to have installed AFTER all those files? like softchip? Cioscorp and all that stuff? is it necessary if I have a Modchip already?
yay.gif
yay.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Azariel_z said:
I udnerstood, thanks for the answers.
I just wonder about one thing, this IOS install (38, 53 , 55 ) wont screw up my WAD "management"? I ask because I saw on the forums ( not here ) , someone mentioning after installing IOS 38 and others, he ends up with menu 3.4, (there fore blolcking wad install/uninstall) so is that what true? maybe he did soemthign wrong, or is what happens, I mean installign this wont cut my "homebrew" capabilities right?

And one more thing, what is recommended to have installed AFTER all those files? like softchip? Cioscorp and all that stuff? is it necessary if I have a Modchip already?
yay.gif
yay.gif
I will be honest with you
wink.gif
I don't have any of these IOSs installed in my Wii , I only installed the IOS36_rev8 along with my own setup that I have in my Installer v3 and all these games including MadWorld plays like charm however no Modchip installed here , but most Modchiped Wiis I know they needed these IOSs to run such games
wink.gif

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got it, I was thinking this was somehow aplying the same for modchip users, well, I will continue searching to see if I can clarify things a bit more. I dumped the files needed with WUFE, but first i want to be sure what actually happnes, before i screw soemthing for lack of info ( and experience )
hate2.gif

Thanks.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Azariel_z said:
I got it, I was thinking this was somehow aplying the same for modchip users, well, I will continue searching to see if I can clarify things a bit more. I dumped the files needed with WUFE, but first i want to be sure what actually happnes, before i screw soemthing for lack of info ( and experience )
hate2.gif

Thanks.
I hope that helped a bet , and good luck ,now again for modchip installing these files are not harmful
wink.gif
peace

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
6th_hokage said:
hi there, what are the advantages of installing this cIOS r8? Does it support dual layer dvds? thanks for replying...
Gamma 0.3 Launcher does support DL DVD+r , this one features more support to newer games with 001/002 Error fix resulting in better game play compatibility
wink.gif
as far as my advice concern it is a must have
wink.gif

6th_hokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
big moe/somebody, do you have any suggestiond for me how to play brawl(dvd9) in my wii? I've installed cIOS r8 + gamma but still my wii can't read dual layer dvd

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
6th_hokage said:
big moe/somebody, do you have any suggestiond for me how to play brawl(dvd9) in my wii? I've installed cIOS r8 + gamma but still my wii can't read dual layer dvd
recommended media is verbatim DVD+r dl burned at x2.4 speed with CloneCD or Imgburn and enjoy
wink.gif

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
Azariel_z said:
hate2.gif

Thanks.
I hope that helped a bet , and good luck ,now again for modchip installing these files are not harmful
wink.gif
peace

Hi there, I performed everything and now madworld ( and probably other problematic games I didnt test yet ) are running just fine. Thanks for all the info.
grog.gif

If is not too much "noob question", I am at 3.1U still, and is well known 3.2 is the "best" firmware, but reading I found there is no game Disc with a 3.2 update, and they recommends using "AnyRegion_Changer_1.1b" that performs Downgrade and upgrade. Is it the best way? Any other suggestion?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Azariel_z said:
BIG MOE said:
Azariel_z said:
hate2.gif

Thanks.
wink.gif
peace

Hi there, I performed everything and now madworld ( and probably other problematic games I didnt test yet ) are running just fine. Thanks for all the info.
grog.gif

If is not too much "noob question", I am at 3.1U still, and is well known 3.2 is the "best" firmware, but reading I found there is no game Disc with a 3.2 update, and they recommends using "AnyRegion_Changer_1.1b" that performs Downgrade and upgrade. Is it the best way? Any other suggestion?

no problem with updating to 3.4 and then go back to 3.2
wink.gif
if you need help just check out my first signature link and that will do it for you the easy way
wink.gif

climo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install this wad but I keep getting the same error (-1017) either thru wad install or network install. My wii is an 3.4u with twilight hack, HBC and all wads necessary for dumping games via wi-fi Do I have to remove any of these to be able to install this Rev8 wad?

I have loaded from SD card:
IOS37-64-v2070 root of card
IOS16-64-v257-prod
installed cIOS249-v5 with wadmanagerIOS16
used IOS downgrader but still at 3.4U did not use anyregionchanger
installed wii shop channel...but did not work ...need to do it again...

installed IOS custom installer to be able to dump games via wi-fi
using DVD dumper to transfer from wii to pc.

all works great...just trying to install this rev8 before the major update. thanks

GBATEMP..the only place for Wii and NDS...you guys rock!!!
bow.gif

alaricmucino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just trying to clear something up. Is there any other fix for the bug that none of the USB mics or instruments will work with USB loader due to Cios36 Rev 8,9 or 10? Or do we have to wait untill they release rev11? If anyone knows a work-around for this problem please let me know. Thanks in adavnce!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Nintendo_Chick said:
stop bumping these old as shit posts.
since when chicks allowed to talk here
wink.gif
, chicks are useful for one thing only and for so sorry you don't fit any of us descriptions
wink.gif
, so take a hike kid

orno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BIG MOE said:
Nintendo_Chick said:
stop bumping these old as shit posts.
since when chicks allowed to talk here
wink.gif
, chicks are useful for one thing only and for so sorry you don't fit any of us descriptions
wink.gif
, so take a hike kid

lol...... but a bit harsh don't you think? woman are useful for all sorts of stuff!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk