ROM Hack How to install .CIA 3ds files over emunand via wifi?

Phillip Alanis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to know if there is a way to install .cia files on emunand with wifi or if it is even possible? Its because I want to get bravely second on my sd card but the file is 2.68 gb and I have that much on my sd card but it take the double amount to install it.Please someone help me?

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the size of your SD card?
I think you can install via network with FBI, but it's kinda slow.
Oh~ And if you weren't aware, you can always delete the CIA from your SD card when you finish installing it. :)

Last edited by Hoppy,

GudPiggeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For windows:
Go to the FBI thread, get the latest version, and get sockfile (it's on the same page)
Install the latest FBI and run it (it has a blue menu)
Then run FBI, choose network install. It should tell you the IP adress.
After extracting sockfile, put the .cia in the same file as the sockfile_2.0.jar or whatever it says. I'd reccomend renaming the CIA to something short.
Rename sockfile_2.0.jar or whatever it says to sockfile.jar (unless you don't have file extensions on your computer, then just rename it to sockfile)
Make sure you are on the same internet as your3ds
Shift right click on an empty space in the directory, and choose the open command prompt option.
In the console, type, without the quotations or brackets, "java -jar sockfile.jar [ip adress] [cia]"
You do not need the port.
This takes a while, 1.7 gigabytes took me about 2 hours.
It also failed the first time (idk why, maybe my wifi went down for a minute)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk