Hacking How to install *ahem* from latest GW 2.6(Quick Tut)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Rename the Devmenu.csu from SDK-2.3.4 to Devmenu.3ds, and via the Devmenu, install your beloved .cia files...
No rocket science man.
Gateway 2.6 fw with 9.2.0 EU console. Put DevMenu, both the CFW and SDK releases on the microSD, renamed from .csu to .3ds. When I press Select the CFW release has a blank icon but the SDK one looks okay. Neither will load. When I press A, the menu closes and the console acts as if no ROM has been loaded. Tried with 2 different microSDs.

satanicangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Gateway 2.6 fw with 9.2.0 EU console. Put DevMenu, both the CFW and SDK releases on the microSD, renamed from .csu to .3ds. When I press Select the CFW release has a blank icon but the SDK one looks okay. Neither will load. When I press A, the menu closes and the console acts as if no ROM has been loaded. Tried with 2 different microSDs.
No need for CFW, please make sure you have the 2.6 launcher.dat from GW in root of your SD, and the devmenu.3ds in your microsd, then launch it normally like how you will launch a 3ds game.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
No need for CFW, please make sure you have the 2.6 launcher.dat from GW in root of your SD, and the devmenu.3ds in your microsd, then launch it normally like how you will launch a 3ds game.
I think I understand what happened. Gateway STUPIDLY has links up like this:

Firmware GW 2.6 *OMEGA*
Firmware GW 2.5 *OMEGA*
Firmware GW 2.5 *OMEGA* Mirror 2
Firmware GW 2.5 *OMEGA* Mirror 3

Normally I pick the Anonfiles link, because it's no-bullshit ads or captcha. Did NOT spend time to notice that only the 1st link is to 2.6....... *grumbles*

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The NSMB2 release comes with 2 files:

- bbb-m-abep.cia (794kb) - I assume this is the DLC?
- bbb-p-abep.cia (342MB) - This is the NSMB2 full game?

I installed both with the DevMenu from EmuNAND. NSMB2 was added to the 3DS menu and it works, but where is the DLC in the game?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The NSMB2 release comes with 2 files:

- bbb-m-abep.cia (794kb) - I assume this is the DLC?
- bbb-p-abep.cia (342MB) - This is the NSMB2 full game?

I installed both with the DevMenu from EmuNAND. NSMB2 was added to the 3DS menu and it works, but where is the DLC in the game?

Im assuming if you install both,
you'll experience the dlc in game,
While the glc files are chucked away somewhere in your sd card

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just realized that coin rush mode has to be unlocked.

After rebooting my 3DS both NSMB2 and the DLC are gone. They aren't in the data management either. Anyone else experienced this?

1. Don't go and check data management
2. You rebooted and launched emunand, right? (just clarifying).

My devmenu still persists,
and I'm still dling NSMB2><

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is amazing. Just put the .3ds Devmenu in my american 3DS and I could install Super Mario Deluxe (europe) without problems

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone?? Anyone at all? When I rename devmenu.csu to .3ds (320kb file right?) and place it on the GW MicroSD. It shows as DevMenu in multirom but when I launch it's a super mario bros.3 rom can anyone help?? It's from the 2.3.4 folder

satanicangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Anyone?? Anyone at all? When I rename devmenu.csu to .3ds (320kb file right?) and place it on the GW MicroSD. It shows as DevMenu in multirom but when I launch it's a super mario bros.3 rom can anyone help?? It's from the 2.3.4 folder
Try to cut everything from your MicroSD, put in ONLY the devmenu, and report on the results.

Reactions: Queno138

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I would like to set up DevMenu, but I have some questions and concerns (mainly relating to possible future system transfers):

1. If I do a system transfer to my >4.5 3DS, will the titles installed with DevMenu be transferred too?

2. If there is a way to disable signature checks and install full kernel mode CFW (without Gateway's restrictions, unless this update got rid of those), then do a system transfer without the >4.5 receiving 3DS getting bricked?

3. Does DevMenu also allow us to back up system titles from the NAND in .cia files?

4. If the answers to questions 1., 2., and 3. are all yes, then can CFW be a possibility for the receiving >4.5 3DS? Could I make a .cia file of my 4.1 System Settings and install it on the receiving >4.5 3DS (without overwriting the 9.x System Settings)
to make it compatible with Gateway?

5. If the answer to question 1. is yes, then will transferring titles from a different region result in a brick for the receiving >4.5 3DS?

If anyone with a >4.5 3DS with a NAND hardmod, a Gateway card, and a <4.5 3DS with a new emuNAND backup created for testing will test these out and share the results, that will be immensely appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

I have got the devmenu up and running but how do you launch your .cia files, where do you put them to get them on the devenu? do you just put the .cia files on your M-SD card and boot them from there?

AceyBwoi

Trophies
XP
Country
I have got the devmenu up and running but how do you launch your .cia files, where do you put them to get them on the devenu? :)

Phat SD Card - On the side of 3DS.. you could put them on root
or even make a cia folder.. then launch devmenu go to folder press a enter folder
then install desired cia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021