how to instal fimware on r4 card?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by matthi321, Mar 24, 2015.

1. matthi321
    OP

matthi321 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2013
  2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
  3. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada

Incorrect and false. That card is a clone of the R4 3DS RTS cards from www.r4isdhc.com

The reason why there is no "firmware" update for the card is because there has never been a need for one and probably never will be as Nintendo isn't blocking R4 cards anymore. The card hasn't been blocked by any 3DS firmware updates since it's launch.

Lastly, i'm certain OP mixed up "firmware" with "kernel". OP, simply go the official site, download the kernel, unzip and placed the files onto the root of your microSD. The card is decent if you dual boot YSMenu.

To the guy who responded that has the 4000 posts know what you're talking about before responding to questions. Straight up.

Technicmaster0 likes this.
  4. matthi321
    OP

matthi321 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    i have got it to work now, thanks for the help guys

5. how_do_i_do_that

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    If you haven't seen that page, every older version, 2013 and 2014, no longer have any corresponding links to their respective download pages.
    http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/

So unless you are providing him any links to any firmware updates. I am neither incorrect or false about what I am explaining.

---

Seems your confusing YSMenu, a system menu, with firmware updates. If you want to prove me wrong, provide links to the corresponding files he would need to update the firmware on his old R4 clone.

Are you some kind of mind reader?, you haven't even asked him if he is running it on a DSi or 3DS. It doesn't even say anywhere in the OP what handheld he is using.

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Read the bold for my comments.

7. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada

Your reading comprehension of my post is embarrassingly poor and you don't have a understanding of these particular clone cards. I suggest you read it carefully word for word again because I would just be repeating myself otherwise.

8. how_do_i_do_that

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    If you think you can do better that is fine, personally don't really care.

9. BETA215

BETA215 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Argentina
    My version is the sliver (yes, according to the page, sliver is the correct word) and it's from 2011. The firmware it's still there to download. :P