DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NuttyS actually you need to "diagnose" it:
New%20Bitmap%20Image_zpsdjsoahro.png

Anyway, I restarted my computer. For some reason NBAHomepass kept messing with my adapter's connection to the internet and I kept getting knocked offline.

D

Deleted User

@NuttyS actually you need to "diagnose" it:
New%20Bitmap%20Image_zpsdjsoahro.png

Anyway, I restarted my computer. For some reason NBAHomepass kept messing with my adapter's connection to the internet and I kept getting knocked offline.

Did you try to disable Internet Connection Sharing before launching NbaHomePass ?

Reactions: DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try to disable Internet Connection Sharing before launching NbaHomePass ?
No I didn't. Should I do that? I'm not sure what caused my internet to go all jiffy really.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My internet is actually all better now. My laptop just really needed restarted. It's been on all day and constantly changing MAC addresses lol

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try it, the new version enable it automatically (maybe a problem sometimes).
I'll try that out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nothing really changes when I disable sharing and have it automatically enabled again. However, it is pretty useful for those having trouble with sharing the connection. I'm still stuck on square one lol. No Streetpasses yet and I don't receive any packets when my 3DS is closed unless I open it. If I close it again, it stops..except for sometimes packets will come and I'll get a blue notification for something useless :/
@Nba_Yoh I'm sorry I've been bugging you and blowing up this topic lol. It might just have something to do with my adapter or something

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Diagnosing doesn't do anything for me as it doesn't detect any problems.

I have spotted something with yours though, it's showing as a public network, have you tried changing it to private and running the program? Mine wont even share the connection when it's set to public, not sure if it's anything to do with why you're not getting passes though.

Last edited by NuttyS,

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diagnosing doesn't do anything for me as it doesn't detect any problems.

I have spotted something with yours though, it's showing as a public network, have you tried changing it to private and running the program? Mine wont even share the connection when it's set to public, not sure if it's anything to do with why you're not getting passes though.
Hmm, that's weird. I actually didn't know my network was set to public. I changed it to private. I'm receiving a lot more packets then normal, but that might not mean anything. I'll let y'all know if I get any Streetpasses lol. I'm gonna try a different adapter and computer today to see if anything different happens.

Reactions: NuttyS

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, that's weird. I actually didn't know my network was set to public. I changed it to private. I'm receiving a lot more packets then normal, but that might not mean anything. I'll let y'all know if I get any Streetpasses lol. I'm gonna try a different adapter and computer today to see if anything different happens.
Goodluck!

Still no joy with mine, everything is exactly the same as it was when I was getting streetpasses - except for the version of my 3ds, but other people with the same version are getting passes fine. Arrrgghh.

Last edited by NuttyS,
D

Deleted User

Goodluck!

Still no joy with mine, everything is exactly the same as it was when I was getting streetpasses - except for the version of my 3ds, but other people with the same version are getting passes fine. Arrrgghh.

Is the Internet Connection Sharing configured properly?

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the Internet Connection Sharing configured properly?
Yes. The ConsoleNintendo3DS connection has internet, and sends packets (although nowhere near as many as when it's working properly), but doesn't receive any.
It shows as a Nintendo Zone on the 3ds, but the app wont load, nor the shop or anything else that needs a connection.

I even went through all the mac addresses yesterday to double check it wasn't just because no one was on the one I was, and it still didn't get me any passes.

So, I just went back to the old version of your program that's on the GlacierGaming site (says 0.3 in cmd) just so I can say I've tried everything - and it works!
It's slightly frustrating not being able to choose the interval, but at least I'm getting passes again!

Last edited by NuttyS,
D

Deleted User

Yes. The ConsoleNintendo3DS connection has internet, and sends packets (although nowhere near as many as when it's working properly), but doesn't receive any.
It shows as a Nintendo Zone on the 3ds, but the app wont load, nor the shop or anything else that needs a connection.

I even went through all the mac addresses yesterday to double check it wasn't just because no one was on the one I was, and it still didn't get me any passes.

So, I just went back to the old version of your program that's on the GlacierGaming site (says 0.3 in cmd) just so I can say I've tried everything - and it works!
It's slightly frustrating not being able to choose the interval, but at least I'm getting passes again!

Kind of weird, this should not happen. It is a problem with the hosted network.

D

Deleted User

Is there anything I can try? Or is it one of those really confusing and hard to work out problems.
It is very difficult for this kind of problem because it works fine on my pc (like the previous one).

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is very difficult for this kind of problem because it works fine on my pc (like the previous one).
It worked fine on mine too until I had to reinstall last week, so maybe I'm missing something? I have no idea what it could be though, all windows updates and drivers are installed, the only thing I know of that I haven't put back on yet is my Steam games.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DrakeLyon - I'm sorted so maybe now yours will get off the naughty step and join in with the fun lol.
I could only wish lol. I'm still stuck where I've been. I tried the old version but it just does the same thing for me :/ Hoooooopefully when I'm able to use another computer and adapter it'll work differently.

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could only wish lol. I'm still stuck where I've been. I tried the old version but it just does the same thing for me :/ Hoooooopefully when I'm able to use another computer and adapter it'll work differently.
Which adapter are you using? I use a TP-Link TL-WN823N but I have to install the driver from their site, the one Windows chooses automatically although being a lot newer, gives me reconnection problems. (Windows also ignored me and reset it back to theirs, but once I rolled back to the TPLink one it behaved!)

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which adapter are you using? I use a TP-Link TL-WN823N but I have to install the driver from their site, the one Windows chooses automatically although being a lot newer, gives me reconnection problems. (Windows also ignored me and reset it back to theirs, but once I rolled back to the TPLink one it behaved!)
I'm using my built-in adapter for my laptop Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000. But I have another adapter called Kinamax High-power Wireless-N, but it's missing the wire I need.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay So i set it up, and tried to share ethernet with my wifi adapter, but it still says my adapter is not connected for some reason and the nba program aborts...how do i make my wi fi share with the ethernet properly?

UPDATE: and when i right click the wifi adapter to share with the ethernet adapter, the console3ds shows up but doesnt have any network access nor my ethernet have internet now... how do i fix this??

Last edited by KentaZX,

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone say if this setup works: using the easier Linux method (the first method right now) on a Linux machine (Ubuntu system), with no wifi card inside, and the USB Wifi Tethering from an Android phone? It's an old machine, I know... But the Windows methods aren't working for me and I'm not willing to root my phone right now.

Yeah, let's just imagine this post never happened, ok? :)

Last edited by Akotan, , Reason: dumb question. of course it didn't work
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-