• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ninovalenti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Again ive made a few tests, but windows tells me, that the shared connection doesnt have internet access, shouldnt it have internet access to receive the Miis from other people?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just figured out after studying on it all day how to set up this Homepass thing. I'm using NBAHomepass 1.0 with a built-in Wi-Fi card in my laptop. I have no connections saved on my 3DS as well. When I start my virtual connection, it's connected to the internet, but it only sends packets and receives nothing. However, as soon as I open up my 3DS, the connection will start receiving packets. Closing my 3DS will make it stop again (not sure if that's normal.)
I can confirm that my MAC address is changing with this program, and my 3DS has internet as though it were connected to the Nintendo Zone.
I haven't received any Streetpasses yet, but I'll keep trying.

ninovalenti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright, I just figured out after studying on it all day how to set up this Homepass thing. I'm using NBAHomepass 1.0 with a built-in Wi-Fi card in my laptop. I have no connections saved on my 3DS as well. When I start my virtual connection, it's connected to the internet, but it only sends packets and receives nothing. However, as soon as I open up my 3DS, the connection will start receiving packets. Closing my 3DS will make it stop again (not sure if that's normal.)
I can confirm that my MAC address is changing with this program, and my 3DS has internet as though it were connected to the Nintendo Zone.
I haven't received any Streetpasses yet, but I'll keep trying.
But you should receive streetpasses when your consolse is closed. Also people said that it will take some time. Do it when you are at school/work etc.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you should receive streetpasses when your consolse is closed. Also people said that it will take some time. Do it when you are at school/work etc.
Well, I've left it going like this for a few hours now. How long does it usually take for a Streetpass? I'm using this method "NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 300 30" I sometimes set the time on 1000 as to allow more packets to come in.

D

Deleted User

After some experiences, I have to make some tests and get informations. I cannot get these informations where I live (thanks nintendo).
So for the future of homepass, I need you guys. If you live near a frequented nintendo zone (like BestBuy or McDonald or something else) and you are able to launch homebrews and you agree to help me, send me a message.
Thanks.

ninovalenti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After some experiences, I have to make some tests and get informations. I cannot get these informations where I live (thanks nintendo).
So for the future of homepass, I need you guys. If you live near a frequented nintendo zone (like BestBuy or McDonald or something else) and you are able to launch homebrews and you agree to help me, send me a message.
Thanks.
so your homepass program doesnt work anymore?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.
If I wouldn't have updated my 3DS I'd still have Browserhax :/ I wish I could help, but I gotta wait for the updated payload. However, if I get homebrew up-and-running again, you definitely have my assistance :)

D

Deleted User

OK guys I have good news for people who would homepass with an Android device but without à mobile internet connection (like me). I tested a method I had never seen before, and it worked just fine. If some of you are interested I will write a short tutorial about it when I will be back.

MjnMixael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was trying to use NbaHomePass and I couldn't get it working. I have the TP-Link USB Wifi stick and a wired connection. Everytime NbaHomePass starts the hosted network, the wifi connection loses internet. That makes sense. However, NbaHomePass won't start unless the wifi is connected to a wireless network. What am I missing?

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK guys I have good news for people who would homepass with an Android device but without à mobile internet connection (like me). I tested a method I had never seen before, and it worked just fine. If some of you are interested I will write a short tutorial about it when I will be back.
Do it please

ninovalenti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes do it please, getting my new 3ds next week and i ant to test every method because i want this eon ticket in pokemon oras.

D

Deleted User

So, I was trying to use NbaHomePass and I couldn't get it working. I have the TP-Link USB Wifi stick and a wired connection. Everytime NbaHomePass starts the hosted network, the wifi connection loses internet. That makes sense. However, NbaHomePass won't start unless the wifi is connected to a wireless network. What am I missing?
My program just try to use your wifi adapter to connect to the internet. I will try to make an update to allow you to use jour ethernet adapter.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My program just try to use your wifi adapter to connect to the internet. I will try to make an update to allow you to use jour ethernet adapter.
I would really love that :) Not a lot of Wi-Fi adapters can change MAC addresses, but lots of ethernet connections have that capability.

D

Deleted User

I would really love that :) Not a lot of Wi-Fi adapters can change MAC addresses, but lots of ethernet connections have that capability.
It will just allow you to share the ethernet connection with the virtual adapter, you will still have to change the mac of the wifi adapter.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will just allow you to share the ethernet connection with the virtual adapter, you will still have to change the mac of the wifi adapter.
Oh, well it still sounds good lol. Would sharing the ethernet connection with the virtual adapter increase it's effectiveness?

Last edited by DrakeLyon,

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this how it's supposed to look? I've set it up according to how others have it set up. When I close my 3DS I stop receiving packets for some reason. Also, I haven't received a single Streetpass :/
Untitled_zpsobremtil.png

What am I doing wrong? My MAC address is changing, obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY