• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDF1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The strangest part is how mine works when I switch the Ethernet from roadrunner to DSL, not ideal but I can live with it.

incantatem

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying to set up homepass for a few days now but I have a problem with the Windows native method.
My adapter can change MAC according to maccheck.cmd, I followed all the steps (using BASE256) and managed to start a hosted network, the BSSID also continuously changes after a few minutes in the output of netsh wlan show hostednetwork

The problem is that when I see the status of the hosted network, the activity only has sent and no received packages, and I also do not receive any streetpass.
Does someone have a resolution to this problem?

justinthegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the dd-wrt method the nintendo zone is popping up but street passes are not. tried changing through 3 different mac addresses. Any ideas?

Kayla Krantz

Trophies
Website
www.wattpad.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to set up homepass for a few days now but I have a problem with the Windows native method.
My adapter can change MAC according to maccheck.cmd, I followed all the steps (using BASE256) and managed to start a hosted network, the BSSID also continuously changes after a few minutes in the output of netsh wlan show hostednetwork

The problem is that when I see the status of the hosted network, the activity only has sent and no received packages, and I also do not receive any streetpass.
Does someone have a resolution to this problem?

I've been having this same problem for about a week now.

TDF1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhere in this huge thread I remember reading that a router starting to go bad would cause issues. As it turns out the router on my roadrunner connection was starting to fail. Last night wifi started refusing connections, and I had a hard time even accessing the web interface. I have a good feeling when I replace the router homepass will work on that connection once again. It was a Netgear wndr3400v3, about 18 months old.

EDIT: I replaced the router with a Netgear WNDR4500v2, and now everything works again with the PC connected to my roadrunner network. A bad router can definitely impact success of the Nzone.exe method.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Somewhere in this huge thread I remember reading that a router starting to go bad would cause issues. As it turns out the router on my roadrunner connection was starting to fail. Last night wifi started refusing connections, and I had a hard time even accessing the web interface. I have a good feeling when I replace the router homepass will work on that connection once again. It was a Netgear wndr3400v3, about 18 months old.

What script did you use? If you used the script that constantly writes to nvram then it could very well have been the problem, if you used any of the other scripts, it couldn't have been the problem.

TDF1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What script did you use? If you used the script that constantly writes to nvram then it could very well have been the problem, if you used any of the other scripts, it couldn't have been the problem.

I'm using nzone.exe on Windows 7, so maybe the bad router wasn't the issue, unless it was affecting the Ethernet connection to the Windows pc in some way. (Plugging the Ethernet to a different router on a different ISP got it working)

dreams062

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
http://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/640/homepass-for-3ds-version-94-on-windows

I followed this method every step to the T and I still have no success with homepass. I'm gonna keep trying this tomorrow, it does say it works on firmware 9.5 so its probably an error on my end somehow.

I'm running 9.5 on my 3DS and tried this method it does work however it takes time (20 mins for the first streetpass and 1hr more less for the second one). If there was a way to only pick the prime Macs that would be great. :yaynds:

dreams062

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ya stuff isnt working for me either .-.
On Mac check when its doing it thing the row should have zeros and ones. and if have only have a long line of zeros and no ones, it won’t work. Thus from seeing the video it seems your wifi card might not work :nayps3:

Reactions: RJCline

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running 9.5 on my 3DS and tried this method it does work however it takes time (20 mins for the first streetpass and 1hr more less for the second one). If there was a way to only pick the prime Macs that would be great. :yaynds:
I left it alone running for over an hour and I'm still getting no results. I've had better luck when my 3DS was left open rather than closed even though I read that part doesnt matter, I also feel your right about how its running into some MAC addresses that are simply useless and its a matter of luck running into the right ones.

Giammy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi i'm new but following the various guide here an there i've finally reached the point where with two dongles (one sharing connections and the other acting as a hotspot) on windows 8.1 x64 AND by using the nzone.exe method on my n3DSXL i can finally see that the NZ appears and even works fully (even the Nintendo Zone App) but here comes the problem; I've used BASE1 wich should be the basic prime MAC but then how do you explain this?
Sample.jpg

I changed the nzone.macs file to that MAC only (notice that when I used homepass in the past I had to change the MAC so that the last octet had to be the one previous to the one that I actually wanted) but the resulting one isn't even remotely close to the one that has been set.

mutekid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I go after I am able to get Guide #1 configured? My 3ds is able to connect to the 'attwifi' and get internet access. What do I do now?

I've tried to setup the VM. But that didn't work.

DarkKnigh_t said he would post the next guide once other people completed the first one.

Guide #2

Seems to be a follow up, then when i run the Command

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

It disabled my wifi i setup in the Guide #1 and nothing seemed to work.
Help?

pokemon01234

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am trying to use the Homepass Method on VMPlayer. I think I have installed the driver successfully on the Linux system but not sure why it just stops at here. I am using the TP-Link WN722N as recommended. Any help is appreciated and thank you so much :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 251

Lyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Netgear WNDR3700 V4 router with DD-WRT [v24-sp2 (11/07/14) std] and a question. I was unable to get the nzone.sh cycle method working (something about how the router handles scripts has changed), so I circumvented it with a bunch of cron commands. It looks something like this:

00 00 * * * root nvram set def_whwaddr="MAC1" sleep 3 && nvram commit sleep 5 && reboot
20 00 * * * root nvram set def_whwaddr="MAC2" sleep 3 && nvram commit sleep 5 && reboot

00 08 * * * root nvram set def_whwaddr="MAC1" sleep 3 && nvram commit sleep 5 && reboot
20 08 * * * root nvram set def_whwaddr="MAC2" sleep 3 && nvram commit sleep 5 && reboot

00 16 * * * root nvram set def_whwaddr="MAC1" sleep 3 && nvram commit sleep 5 && reboot
20 16 * * * root nvram set def_whwaddr="MAC2" sleep 3 && nvram commit sleep 5 && reboot

I shortened it for the forum. I've actually got 10 MACs its cycling through every 20 minutes at eight hour intervals. The router I'm using is dual band, so the 2.4 GHz band is the attwifi with a MAC whitelist and hidden ssid (I know, it's pitiful security) and the 5 GHz band is for my computers and stuff. The cron script only affects ath0, the attwifi network so other than the reboots, ath1 is never affected. I would like to be able to control that though. I saw that dd-wrt has the .sesbutton script ability. My scripting is rather shoddy, so I was wondering if someone could tell me how to make a .sesbutton script that when run, would disable/enable both cron and ath0 without rebooting.

Something tantamount to a correct version of:

if cron-enabled -> disable ath0 && disable cron
if cron-disabled -> enable ath0 && enable cron

Since it would be a .sesbutton script, I think that would be all that is needed (it simply runs when the SES/AOSS/EZ-SETUP button is pressed?). If it isn't possible to disable and enable ath0 without interrupting ath1, that's fine. I'm most concerned with disabling and enabling cron with the button press. There are times when I might be backing up files or doing server maintenance when I don't want to be booted off every 20 minutes for 3 hours. While i've become friends with the web gui, I don't want to have to log in every time I want to disable cron.

I hope someone can help me with this so everything's working and in the future when someone like me finds this guide and can't get it to work, there will be a way around it.

If someone else has already answered this, please point me to the post. I tried skimming a large number of the thread pages, but there are a lot.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying so many different methods to get homepass working for me (as of recent it has stopped working for me completly, since I updated to 9.5)

What I used before to get it working was Macycler and when I went back it was updated to 2.0 and what I used last was 1.3. The New update gave me hope in getting homepass to work again. With little instructions on how to use this new program, no readme to look at I'm left to figure this out on my own so I have just two questions.

1. When it asks to add a network adapter do I add the "wifi" network the adapter itself is set to or the virtual network that "NZ@McD1" is set to?

2. What are Prime MACs? Do I want to check off this box? The only reason I have it unchecked is that it only has 16 MACs available and I would like to connect to more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/W-jzom3X0QU