Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Boogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi duke_srg and all

Can you help, i'm not great in Debian trying to use your script (thanks by the way) but I keep getting the following error:

debian script error.jpg

C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\debian script error.jpg

cirruspaxton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None. Have you connected wifiv adapter to the VM as described in my instructions?

I had, but apparently this didn't reconnect on its own after a reboot or so. I unplugged and replugged it in after booting, then logged in with root/notforall, and ran lsusb:
http://i.imgur.com/0xyWlMb.png

So I have a name for it now! (Even though it's actually a different piece of hardware from what the screenshot says!)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi duke_srg and all

Can you help, i'm not great in Debian trying to use your script (thanks by the way) but I keep getting the following error:

View attachment 13882
C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\debian script error.jpg

try lsusb to find out your device type

I had, but apparently this didn't reconnect on its own after a reboot or so. I unplugged and replugged it in after booting, then logged in with root/notforall, and ran lsusb:
http://i.imgur.com/0xyWlMb.png

So I have a name for it now! (Even though it's actually a different piece of hardware from what the screenshot says!)

It is Atheros 9271, it should work with ath9k_htc driver which I believe is included, try ifconfig now

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Stop the homepass with
/usr/local/sbin/nzone stop
then switch to syslog console with ALT+F8 and represent the adapter, you'll get several messages regarding to driver initilalization.

Seregon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've followed the tutorial several times on my computer, but I'm still not receiving any streetpasses. And then I mean nothing, not only ORAS. My 3DS connects to the Wi-Fi AP I set up on my Windows laptop and it says that there's a Nintendo Zone available. I've tried calling the Wi-Fi attwifi or NZ@McD1, and even the other ones mentioned around. I've cycled through every MAC address from 00 to FF, but still nothing.

Right now I'm trying the nzone.vbs script since people said that this should work still, but can't say that it does (for me).

Is this in any way country specific? US only, big countries only whatever? I'm in Norway, and I wouldn't be surprised if that had anything to do with it..

Any tips?

D

Deleted User

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've followed the tutorial several times on my computer, but I'm still not receiving any streetpasses. And then I mean nothing, not only ORAS. My 3DS connects to the Wi-Fi AP I set up on my Windows laptop and it says that there's a Nintendo Zone available. I've tried calling the Wi-Fi attwifi or NZ@McD1, and even the other ones mentioned around. I've cycled through every MAC address from 00 to FF, but still nothing.

Right now I'm trying the nzone.vbs script since people said that this should work still, but can't say that it does (for me).

Is this in any way country specific? US only, big countries only whatever? I'm in Norway, and I wouldn't be surprised if that had anything to do with it..

Any tips?

What's the version of your 3DS ?

Seregon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The only script which is working on windows with 9.4.0 is the nzone.exe of duke not the nzone.vbs.

You, my dear sir, have saved my day and hours of frustration. I found a tutorial for the nzone.exe method, and 30 seconds later the first streetpass popped in :)

Could it be an idea to put this in the first post? Would've saved me lots and lots of frustration :)

FYI: The tutorial I found was this one: http://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/640/homepass-for-3ds-version-94-on-windows#.VKr3tyuG_jQ

Reactions: duke_srg

Eva01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both windows methods described under Before anything else link at the first post are working!

I'll try it again but when I left it alone for about 8-10 hours I didn't get any relays on any of the 3DS units. The MAC OS X method is working for me. Would like to have it on the PC though.

Eva01

cirruspaxton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop the homepass with
then switch to syslog console with ALT+F8 and represent the adapter, you'll get several messages regarding to driver initilalization.

Thanks. I did the first command and went to ALT+F8. What does "represent" mean here, and how do I do it?

Edit: By represent, I think you meant to unplug and plug it back in. Or the virtual equivalent :)

So I did that, and it "failed" at downloading htc_9271.fw

I downloaded that file to my windows desktop. How do I actually put it where it needs to be? I'm not familiar with linux commands, but I'll keep trying :)

Edit2: I put that file into the /homepass directory on my Desktop, since it seems that it is a shared folder. I get a similar message after rebooting, though, so I am unsure that it is able to see the file, or even tries to look for it.

SeZMehK

The Wielder of the Keyblade
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I did the first command and went to ALT+F8. What does "represent" mean here, and how do I do it?

Edit: By represent, I think you meant to unplug and plug it back in. Or the virtual equivalent :)

So I did that, and it "failed" at downloading htc_9271.fw

I downloaded that file to my windows desktop. How do I actually put it where it needs to be? I'm not familiar with linux commands, but I'll keep trying :)

Edit2: I put that file into the /homepass directory on my Desktop, since it seems that it is a shared folder. I get a similar message after rebooting, though, so I am unsure that it is able to see the file, or even tries to look for it.

I am having the same issue as you. It doesn't look for the file in windows, only in linux.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
cirruspaxton SeZMehK this is a firmware file which is needed for adapter to work. I can included all available Debian packages with firmware but is is not a complete set. So in case you experienced a firmware download failed error first you need to check if is it really exist on the VM like
cd /lib/firmware
find | grep htc_9271.fw
most probably it won't be there, so you can download it with wget or if you enabled a shared folder just place it there and copy to /lib/firmware

upd: just checked, firmware is already there! Just try like that:
mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/firmware
cp /lib/firmware/*9721* /usr/local/lib/firmware/
and reinsert the adapter

eLFe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Stop the homepass with
Hello Duke, thanks for your work.
I've tried on my side with a USB WiFi adapter (Belkin F6D4050 v2) and it won't work.
I've done the tests you asked to do to CirrusPaxton, and here is the result :
pUHsIaP.png
So it seems that the adapter is recognized, but there's no wlan connection created. Could you please help me?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
eLFe I have rt2870 which I believe works with the same driver. It is not flawless but wlan0 should be created. Try to reboot the VM with Ctrl+Alt+Inset and check ifconfig once again

eLFe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
eLFe I have rt2870 which I believe works with the same driver. It is not flawless but wlan0 should be created. Try to reboot the VM with Ctrl+Alt+Inset and check ifconfig once again
I rebooted but wlan0 still not appear in the interface list. Moreover, it seems that an error is displayed. Here's a capture :

ALT3PYg.png
EDIT : Issue solved. File /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules edited.

EDIT² :
The hotspot now appear, MAC address changes.
But it seems that there's no internet access when I connect to the hotspot NZ@McD1 .
Is it regular ? Any clue duke_srg?

EDIT^3: I noticed that the attwifi hotspot was used as well by the VM . This means that I should set a new connection in my 3DS using this SSID, am I right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire