• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
shadowdogg the actual MAC is mot shown on tge WEB GUO, check the actual MAC with
ifconfig $(nvram get wl0_ifname)
What is the router model, dd-wrt type (mini,micro,...) and build number (5 digit number)?
Also I need the output for
cat /proc/version;cat /proc/cpuinfo
, post: 5211302, member: 314279"]I still can't actually get it to work though. Must have spent a good 3-4 hours in total playing around with it. Following the past history, even tried v2 with no success, it just remains its own mac address forever.[/quote]
interesting. my windows 8.1 wont change the mac address but when i try on my sister's computer running windows 7, it changes without a problem. Guess i gotta use windows 7
No, you got to use maccheck.cmd first to check of your wireless card is capable of changing MAC address

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Helo, run all night nothing.
I try the vbs (the one with NZ@Mcd1) and it cycle very well.
This is strange, because it is almost the same script. Can you do this:
nzone.vbs stop
nzone.exe start BASE256
schtasks /disable /tn nzone
nzone.exe reload
nzone.exe
(Wait 3 minutes and check if nzone.macs created)
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
(Wait 3 minutes)
nzone.exe

Repeat last two lines several times. Hosted network must becstarted and bssid must change. Or you will get an error from nzone.exe

GrooBdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is strange, because it is almost the same script. Can you do this:
nzone.vbs stop
nzone.exe start BASE256
nzone.exe reload
nzone.exe
(Wait 3 minutes)
nzone.exe

Repeat last two lines several times. Hosted network must becstarted and bssid must change. Or you will get an error from nzone.exe
Delete the nzone.macs
run nzone.exe reload
and get it to work one time. i've to go, i will keep trying later, thanks

skarmory55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i hope so! but ill do some further testing just incase. thanks for the hard work!

Edit: Its 100% working now! thank you duke again for your hard work!

Reactions: duke_srg

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
One question duke_srg, I'm trying now the script for linux (http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install) under Ubuntu 14.04 and I'm facing one problem at the moment, when it reloads itself the ap stops showing. I've modified the wlan0_hostap.conf file in order to use WPA (you know, wpa=2 or 3 and other options) and I've modified just the var SPDELAY to 3000 to increase the delay. If I use "/usr/local/sbin/nzone status" it says it's running, but after a few seconds it still says it's running but it doesn't work.
Here's an output from syslog:
Do you know how could I fix this? Could it be related to U14?
Thank you in advance.
Don't alter the SPDELAY, if you need to limit the minimum delay just change cron job like */5 * * * * will give at least 5 minutes delay between MAC change regardless of the total MAC number in the list.
Don't enable WPA at least at the time of testing, also it will not work with WPA if your 3DS firmware is 9.3.0 or higher. /usr/local/sbin/nzone status only shows whether cron job is enabled, because the script is not like a daemon, it just launched by the cron job periodically. There are plenty of issues with U14, I believe even the various installed X Server and its applications can produce various error. Anyway try to install the script from the scratch like:
nzone.sh install BASE256
Post the errors, disable cron job an run
nzone
And post the errors once more.

I tried the new nzone.exe. My MAC used to cycle with the old script. Now it does not. :x
I'm on Windows 8.1 like the others that have the issue. I hope this will be fixed soon. D:
That must not happen. However try this:
nzone.vbs stop
nzone.exe start BASE256
nzone.exe reload
nzone.exe
nzone.exe
(Wait 3 minutes)

Repeat last two lines several times. Hosted network must be started and bssid must change. Or you will get an error from nzone.exe

miilon You can check the actual MAC with ifconfig wlan0 but it sounds bad that you can't get IP settings automatically, dnsmasq may not work properly in your case.

Semajer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated my 3DS to the latest firmware, and I've been unable to get any hits using Homepass using either SSID when it worked okay before.

I had been using Virtual Router Manager and MAC Address Changer to switch settings around for Homepass, but now my 3DS will connected to the network, but won't pick up any Streetpass hits. Does anyone know how to fix this?

GrooBdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well i can cycle manualy by alternate nzone.exe reload and nzone.exe.
(i ve got MAC 4e:53:50:4f:4f - 4c,43,48,49,46,4b,4d,4a,06)

on my PC : nzone.exe create nzone.macs, nzone.exe start BASEx no.
By the way it's a big progress thanks again duke_srg.
I will keep testing later

PS i streetpass sevral MII with my 4 3DS ( 2EU 9.4, 1EU 9.2, 1 JAP 9.2)

William Knights

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just toggle ICS check mark several times and leave it unchecked, then run
netsh wlan set hostednetwork disallow
Then try to run maccheck.cmd.
If you have installed any wirtual router software, remove it before. If you tried nzone.vbs or nzone.exe method, check the scheduled tasks and disable nzone task if any.

I did, I can change the mac address of my main network, but the hostednetwork is still not starting...
It says something like that the resource is in an inappropriate state (not available); then when I use the nzone.exe method I get nothing on the line command, is it normal?

Code:
C:\Users\Garry\Downloads>netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NZ@McD1 ke
y=nintendo
La modalità rete ospitata è stata abilitata.
Il SSID della rete ospitata è stato modificato.
La passphrase della chiave utente della rete ospitata è stata modificata.

C:\Users\Garry\Downloads>netsh wlan set hostednetwork disallow
La modalità rete ospitata è stata disabilitata.

C:\Users\Garry\Downloads>netsh wlan show hostednetwork

Impostazioni della rete ospitata
-----------------------
    Modalità                   : non consentita
    Nome SSID                    : "NZ@McD1"
    Numero massimo di client  : 100
    Autenticazione         : WPA2-Personal
    Crittografia               : CCMP

Stato della rete ospitata
---------------------
    Stato                 : Non disponibile

C:\Users\Garry\Downloads>netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Impossibile avviare la rete ospitata.
Il gruppo o la risorsa non si trova nello stato appropriato per eseguire l'opera
zione richiesta.

C:\Users\Garry\Downloads>nzone.exe start base16

C:\Users\Garry\Downloads>nzone.exe start base1

C:\Users\Garry\Downloads>nzone.exe start base256

C:\Users\Garry\Downloads>

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well i can cycle manualy by alternate nzone.exe reload and nzone.exe.
(i ve got MAC 4e:53:50:4f:4f - 4c,43,48,49,46,4b,4d,4a,06)

on my PC : nzone.exe create nzone.macs, nzone.exe start BASEx no.
By the way it's a big progress thanks again duke_srg.
I will keep testing later
PS i streetpass sevral MII with my 4 3DS ( 2EU 9.4, 1EU 9.2, 1 JAP 9.2)

If manual nzone.exe changes MAC, then just must do the same, just check the job result code for any errors.

William Knights That,s right, yo can't start hosted network just after you disallowed it! Try this:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork disallow
netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow testtest testtest
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated my 3DS to the latest firmware, and I've been unable to get any hits using Homepass using either SSID when it worked okay before.

I had been using Virtual Router Manager and MAC Address Changer to switch settings around for Homepass, but now my 3DS will connected to the network, but won't pick up any Streetpass hits. Does anyone know how to fix this?
I'm also having this problem.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Semajer, Bambamthepyro Just uninstall any virtual router software, maccycle and whatever you previously tried to use. It will never work with the latest 3DS firmware. And follow Before anything else link from the first post, it was updated with the new version of the Windows script and new instruction.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Semajer, Bambamthepyro Just uninstall any virtual router software, maccycle and whatever you previously tried to use. It will never work with the latest 3DS firmware. And follow Before anything else link from the first post, it was updated with the new version of the Windows script and new instruction.
Thank you. This is the one step I needed. I'll try when I get home.

Semajer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I've followed the first post until the maccheck.cmd. When I run that it returns with "Atheros Communications inc.", and then a long list of "Access is denied.". What should I do after this?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've followed the first post until the maccheck.cmd. When I run that it returns with "Atheros Communications inc.", and then a long list of "Access is denied.". What should I do after this?
You must run command prompt from the administrator, i.e. right-click on the application icon and select run as Administrator. It was described in the instruction.

Semajer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You must run command prompt from the administrator, i.e. right-click on the application icon and select run as Administrator. It was described in the instruction.

I'm the only user on my laptop, so I assumed it was already run as administrator, but thanks. I've followed the rest of the instructions and started the hostednetwork. The Nintendo Zone now appears active on my 3DS, is there anything else I need to do with my PC, or my 3DS, or will the Streetpasses start automatically after a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol