Status
Not open for further replies.

sabata2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second step - check the ORAS demo page with loading Nintendo Zone app - this will ensure that IP forwarding and iptables NAT and masquerading rules a working fine.

Okay. This is where I am messing up then because I *can* access my AP (atleast with the cronjob off) but I constantly get a Communication Error message when trying to reach the ORAS demo page.

Looking at the iptables I see this:
Code:
root@Aviarch:/usr/local/sbin# iptables -t nat --list
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

This looks like (to my understanding) I'm not actually redirecting any traffic, nor am I forwarding to any set destination (based on the Source:Anywhere, Dest:Anywhere part)

Different problem, but I figured I'd try it anyways, restarting the cronjob (with BASE16,GBATEMP) I still get cycling every minute instead of 2~3 minutes.
I have reduced it down to BASE16 (only) in the cronjob and... I still get cycling every minute instead of every 30.
Leaving that alone though, once the address cycles *once* my 3DS no longer picks it up as an available AP, nor does my phone, and nor does the 3DS recognize a nearby Nintendo Zone (like it does on the first nzone start).

argh, why is this being such a jerk for me when this script should be doing everything right?!

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
sabata2 with changing the MAC list you also musr delete nzone.macs file or just run nzone reload (which is doing the same), otherwise the old mac list se will be used untill all macs is used, and only then script will download from the server the new lists. The NAT postrouting rule is not enough, also a forward chain rule must exist, check it with iptables -L -v -n, also ip forwarding must be enabled, I suppose it must be supported by the kernel

mpat57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to solve my connection issue. Went out today and got a ton street passes so I know it works normally. when trying to use homepass it stays connected while awake but loses the connection when asleep preventing streetpass hits. Anyone running into a similar issue?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I haven't been able to solve my connection issue. Went out today and got a ton street passes so I know it works normally. when trying to use homepass it stays connected while awake but loses the connection when asleep preventing streetpass hits. Anyone running into a similar issue?

As I already said, homepass will work as long as you can download ORAS demo doanload page with Nintendo Zone. Don't pay attantion to a Internet icon status or Intendo Zone glow.

aqulue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this had been answered before, but i had a problem.. i have succesfully create nintendo wifi zone, but it only can be detected on sysNand.. when i tried to connect using emuNand, it only detect it as normal wifi and when i try to open the nintendo zone, it says i'm not connected to nintendo wifi zone.. help please?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
sorry if this had been answered before, but i had a problem.. i have succesfully create nintendo wifi zone, but it only can be detected on sysNand.. when i tried to connect using emuNand, it only detect it as normal wifi and when i try to open the nintendo zone, it says i'm not connected to nintendo wifi zone.. help please?
Delete youw wifi config from your emunand

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I'm just getting double hits, but once I hit 9 passes the green light stops blinking. Says 9/10 in notifications--but like I said, could be two people hitting in there or something.

ALSO, I haven't seen a SINGLE Theatrhythm Curtain Call streetpass--c'mon people, the game is amazing! :moogle:

EDIT: Hmm...actually, I'm not getting ANY game street passes it seems once it hits 9/10 for the plaza.

Zooplus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I´m a liitle bit confused here.. I have SpillPassPi (Raspberry Pi Homepass) up and running for a few weeks.. Everything works fine..

I have two 3DS-XL (one with Gateway-Card, the other with nativ 9.xx Firmware)

The one with the Gateway Card (Emunand 9.xx) get´s only 3 Streetpass-Hits every time and the other "real" one get´s 6 every time the Mac changes on my Homepass..

Is there something i´m missing in the System-Settings of my Emunand??

ThX for your Help...

dirtbikerdan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have the same exact issue you said. Everything looks fine until sleep mode. After that nothing happens for me.... I get the NintendoZone banner but that's as far as I get. You're not alone. (I made an account just for this :/)

bisk

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Update the script from the page 10 just as you do a new install

2. set SSID to NZ@McD1 in the WEB-GUI

Thanks duke_srg. Changing the SSID to NZ@McD1 allows me to use HomePass and I'm able to connect to Nintendo Zone, but I'm not able to login to the eShop. I get an error that that says "Error code 003-3305 - This service is not available in your location. Please try another service." I'm in Canada and I'm wondering if that's the issue?

Sheeplet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
download http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck.cmd
and run
maccheck.cmd | clip
then just paste the result which is already in the clipboard

Please do the same from the above, most fdirvers modifies first octet by itself, I need to test your one.
Oops, sorry. I just noticed your reply.

Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.,Killer Wireless-N 1103 Network Adapter,PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0030&SUBSYS_20011A56&REV_01\4&16E0F379&0&00E2,athr

D000C000F000E00090009000A000A00050004000700060001000100020002000

I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers for my network adapters, but I've been having problems with hosted networks on my laptop for a while now. The hosted network dies after a couple of minutes. It's not that big of a deal though, cause I can get homepass working with the Sanoxy repeater.

aqulue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete youw wifi config from your emunand

done, i've deleted all my wifi config... i can connect to internet just fine but still nintendo zone keep saying im not connected to nintendo wifi zone...
sysNand still detect it as nintendo wifi zone though

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
bisk There are no eShop and Web Browser access with this SSID

Sheeplet Atheros have the most problem drivers, several may work fine with MAC spoofing and hosted network, but the others fall in BSOD. Can't say for sure which driver and hardware combination have the exact result, but first check and disable the power management for the wireless adapter.

RetroSharkBite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run the line "C:\nzone\nzone.vbs start BASE16,GBATEMP" in an administrative command prompt, it changes the SSID to NZ@McD1, and it generates the task in scheduler, but it does not generate an nzone.macs file and it does not change my adapter's mac address, even though when running maccheck.cmd I get:

Code:
C:\nzone>maccheck.cmd "Wi-Fi"
Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.,Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Ad
apter,PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_850D1043&REV_01\4&299066B9&am
p;0&00E6,athr
A000B000B000A000D000C000F000D00020003000300020005000400070005000

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
done, i've deleted all my wifi config... i can connect to internet just fine but still nintendo zone keep saying im not connected to nintendo wifi zone...
sysNand still detect it as nintendo wifi zone though
I dont know, I dont own a GW and never saw anyone saying that it didnt or did work on a emu

ItsAllParticles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sabata2
Helpful Stuff

Hiya Duke. I've got an E2500 router with DD-WRT on
Firmware:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) mini
installed and configured appropriately (maybe not correctly, though? ) with jffs2 and available space. (about 4.5mb on the flash) When I attempt to install using http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP all i can ever get it to return is "-sh /tmp/nzone.sh: not found" Any tips or guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
RetroSharkBite nzone.macs will be downloaded by the scheduled job, check the run result. Mac address will be changed in several minutes after that. You'd better change the list to BASE256 or you will wait up to 30 minutes, because actually GBATEMP list macs is not accessible from Windows, so the result list will contain only base16 addresses and few compatible from GBAtemp.

ItsAllParticles that means that install script was not downloaded. It may be caused by several problems: lack of wget in ddwrt micro firmware, no DNS server configured (router is in AP mode)

ItsAllParticles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroSharkBite nzone.macs will be downloaded by the scheduled job, check the run result. Mac address will be changed in several minutes after that. You'd better change the list to BASE256 or you will wait up to 30 minutes, because actually GBATEMP list macs is not accessible from Windows, so the result list will contain only base16 addresses and few compatible from GBAtemp.

ItsAllParticles that means that install script was not downloaded. It may be caused by several problems: lack of wget in ddwrt micro firmware, no DNS server configured (router is in AP mode)

duke_srg crap. no wget means i'm kind of SOL using this router, eh? Big and Mega use all of the available jffs space. Wireless is set to Client Bridge, but i'll play around with those settings a bit.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Duke, firstly, I admire your way of helping people and the GBAtemp community, but I cannot help but to feel that for dd-wrt and openWRT routers the whole script thing is a bit too complicated and incompatible with some hardware. I know that this way you have complete control over the way you can get a new MAC address each time you change for sure, but the simple script I use works perfectly fine. It maybe every once in a while gives you a MAC that has already passed, but that almost never happens.
The so called special MACs seem to be abused by everyone, so that is not a real good reason for keeping up this overly complicated script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: But let's see what GabeN decides though