Not open for further replies.

BPSpike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, you may use only NZ@McD1 for now bacause of the following reasons:
1. after 9.0 firmware update streetpass are no longer works with password-protected attwifi nintendo zone ssid, while it works fine with NZ@McD1.
2. Nintendo spreads streetpass data for NZ@McD1 SSID (or maybe others wuropean too) with no MAC address lookup, so you can get a streetpass even without changing MAC - this won't work with attwifi (well, except streetpass weekends, which is the current weecked luckily)
3. Windows drivers prevents setting the real hardware MACs, so you were never able to actually reach the real attwifi nintendo zones (well except the very small number of wireless adapters which can actually set the real MAC but not in a straight way, whch is not used by any existing mac change method for now - I'm still testing), all the streetpasses you've got before was from the similar users or from the streetpass weekend streetpass sharing.

Thank you, I knew about the win drivers and that we weren't really reaching the NZones. This answer clears completely my doubts about the attwifi issue :).

mixt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tips on the http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/ links? The post says to check AV settings but even with it completely disabled I can't get any of them to work.

I followed another guide and got a connection going, but no passes. I'm thinking that I might not be able to change the MAC address, but I'm not sure how to check without the http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck.cmd

EDIT: *facepalm* should have checked the posts near the end of this thread first. I was using "attwifi" instead of "NZ@McD1". Now it is working.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Any tips on the http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/ links? The post says to check AV settings but even with it completely disabled I can't get any of them to work.
I followed another guide and got a connection going, but no passes. I'm thinking that I might not be able to change the MAC address, but I'm not sure how to check without the http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck.cmd
EDIT: *facepalm* should have checked the posts near the end of this thread first. I was using "attwifi" instead of "NZ@McD1". Now it is working.

The URL used in DD-WRT V2 script appears to be broken, http://nintendozone.no-ip.org is offline =(
Thanks!

Sorry guys, some provider issues, the host is online now!
PLease check nzone.macs contenr, because on Windows garbage may bo downloaded in place of the MAC files.

so if we set the SSID to attwifi this weekend, we should get the streetpass weekend passes?

Not sure if NOA will check the MAC, but you can try.

IvanCarlos

Trophies
Website
www.icarlos.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Now I'm getting weird issues :P

Using attwifi SSID it does not find any Nintendo Zone
Using NZ@McD1 SSID if finds Zone but I don't receive any pass and when try to access Nintendo Zone it says that I'm in wrong region (in German!)

-------------
Edit:

It's working fine now using attwifi and intalled by Telnet. The script V2 appears to not be working

-------------
Edit 2:

I can receive passes but Nintendo Zone is still unavailable lol

MJM2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

Using NZ@McD1 SSID if finds Zone but I don't receive any pass and when try to access Nintendo Zone it says that I'm in wrong region (in German!)

-------------
Edit:

It's working fine now using attwifi and intalled by Telnet. The script V2 appears to not be working

-------------
Edit 2:

if possible
can you tell me how did you managed to get passes in attwifi

satorio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I read almost everything, and if i understand correctly... i need a wifi adapter or a wifi card?
My computer only has a wired connection and i want to try this because where a i live, i get nothing on streepass.
It would be kind if anyone can help me with this problem.
Oh, and my OS is windows 7 x64.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I read almost everything, and if i understand correctly... i need a wifi adapter or a wifi card?
My computer only has a wired connection and i want to try this because where a i live, i get nothing on streepass.
It would be kind if anyone can help me with this problem.
Oh, and my OS is windows 7 x64.

Please, if you are buying anything, again, please buy a dd-wrt compatible router. That will help you set this up pretty easily and without too much of a hassle.

Reactions: duke_srg

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

-------------
Edit:

-------------
Edit 2:

Nintendo zone and street pass relay are separate services, there also at least browser access, eshop access, network game - all of those are separate Nintendo hotspot services. NZ@McD1 is a German Nintendo hotspot with Nintendo Zone service accessible only with German IP, however street pass relay is unrestricted. Also web browser and eshop services are disabled for this SSID in 3DS. v2 script is obsolete and should not be used. The actual script version is actually 5, but I just tired to keep an up-to-date changlog because of almost everyday fixes, the latest version is always available at /install contaoningban auto detection for Linux/router or Windows version based on the system which requesting download.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
if possible
attwifi is not accessible with wirelss security enabled. There is no way to disable security in widows hosted ap mode. Well this is possible with Mediatek drivers for RaLink chipset wireless adapters, but even then, widows restricts setting a hardware Mac so there is no sense setting attwifi SSID with no ability to set the real Nintendo Zone hardware MAC.

IvanCarlos

Trophies
Website
www.icarlos.net
XP
Country
Brazil
if possible

As I already had NZONE installed in my router I just uninstalled it removing all nzone* files from /tmp/ of my router
So I used the command
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
by Telnet and worked fine this command generated nzone.sh script and it installed the nzone program and nzone.macs file

PS: My SSID is not encrypted and I still cannot access Nintendo Zone itself but passes comes fine and fast.

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant seem to figure out how to stop the script from being on my autoboot list its not listed in the main list(or at least not as far as i see) i run lubuntu 12.04 please help it annoys the crap outta me to have to stop it when ever i wanna use wifi

dire-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've followed all the instructions detailed on how to set this up for Windows 7/8 and I can't get my 3DS to find the wifi. My cell phone can see and connect to it so I know it's transmitting properly however my 3DS doesn't seem to be able to see it. I could really use some help here.

I'm using a wifi usb stick (http://www.tendacn.com/tendacn/Product/show.aspx?productid=375) in case this could help.

EDIT: managed to fix it by changing the region code on my wifi stick from operating in channels 1-11 to 1-14 and now my 3ds finds it and successfully connects.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
PS: My SSID is not encrypted and I still cannot access Nintendo Zone itself but passes comes fine and fast.

This is because since 9.0 attwifi have not Nintendo Zone access flag enabled for attwifi SSID and WebBrowser is not enabled for NZ@McD1.
However I'd recommend set SSID to NZ@McD1, because now for attwifi you're only getting the same linus/router and native US attwifi nintndo hotspo users only. Win NZ@McD1 you can get spotpasses from mor eusers, because Windows users can reach them and because NIntendo are distributing spotpasses between several to all european hotspots. So there is not much csence using attwifi for now, unless you're trying to open all the US map in the MIi Plaza

i cant seem to figure out how to stop the script from being on my autoboot list its not listed in the main list(or at least not as far as i see) i run lubuntu 12.04 please help it annoys the crap outta me to have to stop it when ever i wanna use wifi

You can permanently remove nzone by running
Code:
/usr/local/bin/nzone stop
update-rc.d nzone remove
To start/stop it manually you can just run
Code:
/usr/local/bin/nzone start
or
Code:
You have a single wireless adapter and trying to use a homepass while connected by wired connection, right? Is it working fine on Ubuntu 12? I believe there is a way to configure it to use the same wireless connection for Internet access and for a homepass.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dang, i don't have money at the moment, i guess i have to wait to get a router then.
Thanks for the help anyways!

A router shouldn't be that much more expensive than a Wi-Fi card though. But it will be well worth it, though when you buy one, be sure to get a DD-WRT compatible router that is able to Wi-Fi MAC spoof. Normally you can get one for about $30,-

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is because since 9.0 attwifi have not Nintendo Zone access flag enabled for attwifi SSID and WebBrowser is not enabled for NZ@McD1.
However I'd recommend set SSID to NZ@McD1, because now for attwifi you're only getting the same linus/router and native US attwifi nintndo hotspo users only. Win NZ@McD1 you can get spotpasses from mor eusers, because Windows users can reach them and because NIntendo are distributing spotpasses between several to all european hotspots. So there is not much csence using attwifi for now, unless you're trying to open all the US map in the MIi Plaza

You can permanently remove nzone by running
Code:
update-rc.d nzone remove
To start/stop it manually you can just run
Code:
/usr/local/bin/nzone start
or
Code:
You have a single wireless adapter and trying to use a homepass while connected by wired connection, right? Is it working fine on Ubuntu 12? I believe there is a way to configure it to use the same wireless connection for Internet access and for a homepass.

thanks for the help, i knew how to temp stop just not perma and yeah i was trying to do it using the wireless card on my lappy while connected to lan cable it registers as a nintendo zone and what not but i never get any of the streetpasses and when i look it says the mac is different and its got internet access, might just have a bad mac or something

and yeah there is a way to make it use same card for both but my card isnt able to do both at the same time, its not the best but it gets the job done

mstymay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I've been messing around with homepass for hours. I tried a script on reddit called relymyhome and that wasn't working for me so I switched to this guide for OSX. I've followed the instructions but I'm still not getting street passes. Right now I tried attwifi and NZ@McD1 and used 4E:53:50:4F:4F:47 for my mac address because I'm trying to get streetpasses for Fantasy Life. Nothing however is working. My mac is a macbook pro late 2011 and I have osx Yosemite 10.10. Any help would be wonderful because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. EDIT: Figured it out. I didn't put the ethernet cable in when I thought I had. Whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo